hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am a year or so older than Sam.
    He was mair pally wae ma wee brothers growing up in Clermiston.

Sam indeed was a good fitba' player.
    As for being a Celtic fan?

The whole family were, but i don't think they went to many games.

Although Sam's brother became a priest, so he would have got into Celtic Park free back in the day (Easter Road as well at one time.)

Ma faither use to drink wae Sam's (also named Sam) dad in the old Fox Covert Hotel public bar .

Lovely family,the Lynch's.
    If you are still in touch,give Sam my regards,Rattler.
    My old man is from Clerrie and went to school with Sam, maybe you or your brothers know him?
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chasitup View Post
    Bobby Ford did teach at Broughton in the late 80's too. He was a really good guy. Apparently scored the first goal in the original Premier League or something like that too.
    Bobby (and Graham) are my brothers in law. Bobby used to give it tight to me for being a Hibbie when I was going out with/engaged/married to his wee sister.
    Graham swapped all the Hibs and Scotland programmes I gave him for a scalextrix set without telling me. I could have murdered him when I found out. Had programmes from the late 50s 60s and whole seasons home and away in the 70s.
    Both decent guys for Jambos.
    They used to turn out for Alec Millers "Hibs" team that played against Club 86 at Easter road too.
    Bobby did score the first Scottish Premier league goal.

I went to a rugger playing school and the gym teacher was a right bufter …. he once disallowed the only try I ever scored because I celebrated. I still like rugby as a game, but no wonder I have little time for its self absorbing good manners

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I went to a rugger playing school and the gym teacher was a right bufter …. he once disallowed the only try I ever scored because I celebrated. I still like rugby as a game, but no wonder I have little time for its self absorbing good manners

I've no heard that since I was at school.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I've no heard that since I was at school.
    Still hear it used from time to time around here from us non rugby types. C'mon the Rowse lets give thowse Heriots chaps a sound thrashing … pundy* it Fraser and try to get the ball on the blind side for Gervaise to move it on to Farquhar.

* Nae idea what that means, I heard somebody shout it at a Gala game one time

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    If you were at Broughton around the early '70s then you would have had' mighty mouse' Ian McLaughlin as head of PE. My shoulder still hasn't recovered from being used as a demonstration of how not to tackle.
    I was at Broughton late 70's / early 80's, he loved sending us on laps round the playing fields in the pissing rain. Never a pleasant prospect getting the belt off him either, but not as bad as Mr Aitken the Techy Drawing teacher, he was a vindictive *******!

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbiesandtheBaddies View Post
    I was at Broughton late 70's / early 80's, he loved sending us on laps round the playing fields in the pissing rain. Never a pleasant prospect getting the belt off him either, but not as bad as Mr Aitken the Techy Drawing teacher, he was a vindictive *******!
    Aitken once gave me a B in tech drawing for getting 92%, the reason was there were 2 others with 93% and 95% and he could only give a percentage of the class an A. The next parents night was fun when my mum tore a strip of him for making me feel inadequate.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Aitken once gave me a B in tech drawing for getting 92%, the reason was there were 2 others with 93% and 95% and he could only give a percentage of the class an A. The next parents night was fun when my mum tore a strip of him for making me feel inadequate.
    He was a bit of a fud right enough.