hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello from Bognor

Morning Hibbies, just a quick and slightly belated note to say that all in Bognor - though disappointed to lose Tommy Block - were delighted to see him unveiled by your club yesterday, and even get a place on the bench for the cup game. Amazing stuff.
    This is what we did on him finally getting the deal done, including what I thought was a very good little interview with Hibs TV - admittedly this is nothing you won't have seen already at your end.
    https://www.bognor.co.uk/sport/footb...lete-1-8776280
    Best of luck for the rest of the season and we'll all be watching Tommy's progress with great interest.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Cheers - all the best for Bognor in return

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Got a feeling this boy will be a cult hero.

Thanks for this and good luck to Bognor!! 🇳🇬🇳🇬

First Team Regular WillowbraeHibby's Avatar
    Likewise, all the best to you guys.

Thanks Steve. It’s been great getting all of your updates over the past few months. Hope you continue to check in here.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Steve,

Your lad Tommy seems to have a fantastic attitude so all credit to Bognor for developing players like that.

Very best to you and the club for the rest of the season!

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Morning Hibbies, just a quick and slightly belated note to say that all in Bognor - though disappointed to lose Tommy Block - were delighted to see him unveiled by your club yesterday, and even get a place on the bench for the cup game. Amazing stuff.
    This is what we did on him finally getting the deal done, including what I thought was a very good little interview with Hibs TV - admittedly this is nothing you won't have seen already at your end.
    Best of luck for the rest of the season and we'll all be watching Tommy's progress with great interest.
    Thanks for all your input to date

He comes across as a great lad and, given all the goodwill messages, he seems to be appreciated by everyone down there.

I'm really hoping he realises his ambitions

I think we should remember he is here for the development squad and needs to impress there before he will be a feature around the 1st team. His place on the bench yesterday was more to do with our lack of numbers than anything else.

I certainly hope he makes it but I doubt we will be seeing him in the 1st team soon.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    I think we should remember he is here for the development squad and needs to impress there before he will be a feature around the 1st team. His place on the bench yesterday was more to do with our lack of numbers than anything else.

I certainly hope he makes it but I doubt we will be seeing him in the 1st team soon.
    Christ the voice of doom let the lad enjoy his selection for the squad regardless of how it came about

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Don’t think this was the case at all. Plenty of players could have been selected ahead of Tommy. I think this was a clever selection giving the lad a taste of how it feels to be around the first team and what he has to aspire to.

Good luck to the lad, will watch his progress with interest.

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Don’t think this was the case at all. Plenty of players could have been selected ahead of Tommy. I think this was a clever selection giving the lad a taste of how it feels to be around the first team and what he has to aspire to.

Exactly how I saw it. Ideal game to have him on the bench, but he was never going to get on. Basically, a taste of what could be if he applies himself!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Good luck to the lad.

Pretty disappointing that there is an opinion on here that he is nowhere near the first team. Does my head in.

That is questioning Hibs ambition, Lennon's competence, the lad's ability, our whole recruitment process.

Duncan Edwards was playing first team football at 18.

What do some folk on here want?

Rant over

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Christ the voice of doom let the lad enjoy his selection for the squad regardless of how it came about
    Calm down ffs, it's hardly the voice of doom. His unveiling stated he was for tbe development squad and that is where he will be to start with. I'll be absolutely delighted if he is first team material as soon as possible and I was hoping he would get 10mins yesterday to cap off a great week for him but it wasn't to be.

Thankfully, after seeing his interview, he realises the challenge ahead unlike some on here who seem to expect him to be replacing Bartley or whoever right now.

All the best to Bognor too. Seem a great wee club.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post

I actually agree but the circumstances with injuries certainly helped that decision. I can only really think of Gullan who has been around the 1st team of late who wasn't selected yesterday. There are probably others that I've forgotten though.

@hibs.net private member
    Do do do do do do do

First Team Breakthrough
    Everyone loves a story like this.
    Really hoped he would have got on yesterday just to top off the week for the boy .
    His interviews and enthusiasm are excellent.

Really hope he makes it.

Calm down ffs, it's hardly the voice of doom. His unveiling stated he was for tbe development squad and that is where he will be to start with. I'll be absolutely delighted if he is first team material as soon as possible and I was hoping he would get 10mins yesterday to cap off a great week for him but it wasn't to be.

Thankfully, after seeing his interview, he realises the challenge ahead unlike some on here who seem to expect him to be replacing Bartley or whoever right now.
    Aye, that's all true and very sensible DaveF. But I think none of that serious sensible stuff needed to be said right now. This a great wee story, a dream chance for a young guy and I wish you'd just left it at that for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    Aye, that's all true and very sensible DaveF. But I think none of that serious sensible stuff needed to be said right now. This a great wee story, a dream chance for a young guy and I wish you'd just left it at that for now.
    Exactly where I was coming from, avoidable

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    The faux outrage to my post by a few here is why the Internet is just so bonkers. If I've killed Tommys dream due to him reading my comment I'm truly sorry.

Thankfully I suspect he has a bit more about him than the take offence to everything type.

The faux outrage to my post by a few here is why the Internet is just so bonkers. If I've killed Tommys dream due to him reading my comment I'm truly sorry.

Thankfully I suspect he has a bit more about him than the take offence to everything type.
    Your response was 100% accurate. Unfortunately we live in a society where people just have to take offense to every comment that's not a positive one. I'll let the lads talking on the pitch determine wether he's a good player or not. Just have to look no further than Jamie Insall to see how these developments signings can turn out.

Coaching Staff

Yep, a reasonable comment, translated by some that Santa Claus has just shot Bambi!

One learns to just ignore those who seem to look for reasons to be angry.

Similar thing happened to me when I had the temerity to suggest that Jamie MacLaren was not ‘great’, but just ok

Some have to appreciate, that there IS room for opinions that don’t necessarily agree with one’s own!

Coaching Staff
    And for what it’s worth I subscribe to the train of thought that he was on the bench to get a taste of what it’s like to be included in the first team squad.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    I thought it was clever of Lennon to include Tommy on the bench.Gives him something to strive for and hopefully he takes the opportunity.

“Bugger Bognor!”

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebone View Post
    Steve.
    Nice stuff and disregard the bickering. We really cannot help it. Guaranteed a gate if we get a friendly down there!

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Exactly where I was coming from, avoidable
    Tell you whats avoidable.The outpouring of love towards Bognor on here by some posters 😂😂😂 get a grip,if the laddie is keek will you still declare the love for Bognor 🤣

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    Tell you whats avoidable.The outpouring of love towards Bognor on here by some posters 😂😂😂 get a grip,if the laddie is keek will you still declare the love for Bognor 🤣
    Never been to Bognor in my life, but have a distant memory of it being used in comic sketches in Monty Python or other comedy shows of that era

Ive not really been following his story apart from trying to establish the most important factor of if he’s got a song yet. And it could one of two ways. But fair play to him. I know you can’t really compare but with Chelsea about to spend £270,000 a week on a loan player, football seems to be keeping a wee bit out of hand and unrealistic. It’s great to see there’s still stories of youngsters being plucked from obscurity.

Not only that but he seems quite genuine and comes across well.