hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we should remember he is here for the development squad and needs to impress there before he will be a feature around the 1st team. His place on the bench yesterday was more to do with our lack of numbers than anything else.

I certainly hope he makes it but I doubt we will be seeing him in the 1st team soon.
    He will probably steal a march on his development team team mates as he has experience playing competitive football against grown men.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    What type of player is he? For anyone who has seen him play

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Wish him all the best, certainly sounds like he has the right attitude

Coaching Staff
    Just watched his interview and its good to see someone so delighted and enthusiastic to get his chance.

He reminds me a bit about another 'unknown' from many years ago who left Australia as a teenager and flew over to the UK determined to follow his dream.

Tommy may not have travelled as far as Craig Johnston to get where he is just now, but let's hope his journey from this point is every bit, and even hopefully more, successful.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    What type of player is he? For anyone who has seen him play
    From what i’ve saw he looks like a CDM.

Seems a solid, no-nonsense player that does the simple things really well, moving the ball from defence to midfield with a good range of passing.

Hope i’ve got that right.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonade View Post
    Everyone loves a story like this.
    Really hoped he would have got on yesterday just to top off the week for the boy .
    His interviews and enthusiasm are excellent.

Really hope he makes it.
    Aim high. Aim for the top. Believe in yourself Tommy.

In reply to Iggy Pope, show me a fans messageboard that does not involve bickiering! Plenty of that at Bognor, much of it caused by my headlines in the local paper!
    And in reply to someone else whose name I've forgotten - yes CDM to use today's language! Has been used as centre half at Bognor too but primarily midfield.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Thanks Steve, always good to see papers actually interacting with forums, rather than just nicking content off them ! Hopefully Tommy will be a big success at Hibs and you can continue to update your readers as he picks up cup winners medals and European appearances in the coming years. Best of luck to the remaining Bognor boys this season.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebone View Post
    In reply to Iggy Pope, show me a fans messageboard that does not involve bickiering! Plenty of that at Bognor, much of it caused by my headlines in the local paper!
    And in reply to someone else whose name I've forgotten - yes CDM to use today's language! Has been used as centre half at Bognor too but primarily midfield.
    Howdy, Steve. I know Nywood Lane very well as I'm involved with Lowestoft Town and we've had many a happy visit down to the South Coast...most memorably when we beat you in the Play-Off Semi a few years ago.

It will be interesting to see how this young lad progresses - Alfie Rutherford was a player I liked the look of, but his career seems to have stalled, but I understand he's on over a grand a week at Havant. Ollie Pearce always seemed to be a thorn in our side, even while at Worthing. Another player who didn't fulfil his potential.

Anyway, we've been shunted into the Southern Premier Central Division and our away-days take us to the likes of Biggleswade and Coalville - than the Lord for Sat-Nav's.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    Howdy, Steve. I know Nywood Lane very well as I'm involved with Lowestoft Town and we've had many a happy visit down to the South Coast...most memorably when we beat you in the Play-Off Semi a few years ago.

It will be interesting to see how this young lad progresses - Alfie Rutherford was a player I liked the look of, but his career seems to have stalled, but I understand he's on over a grand a week at Havant. Ollie Pearce always seemed to be a thorn in our side, even while at Worthing. Another player who didn't fulfil his potential.

Anyway, we've been shunted into the Southern Premier Central Division and our away-days take us to the likes of Biggleswade and Coalville - than the Lord for Sat-Nav's.
    FFS Graheme, up the A1 and turn right at the first roundabout that says Biggleswade, i'm sure the ground is halfway down on the right. Lovely little place thats probably a bit too up market for you cockneys.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebone View Post
    Morning Hibbies, just a quick and slightly belated note to say that all in Bognor - though disappointed to lose Tommy Block - were delighted to see him unveiled by your club yesterday, and even get a place on the bench for the cup game. Amazing stuff.
    This is what we did on him finally getting the deal done, including what I thought was a very good little interview with Hibs TV - admittedly this is nothing you won't have seen already at your end.
    https://www.bognor.co.uk/sport/footb...lete-1-8776280
    Best of luck for the rest of the season and we'll all be watching Tommy's progress with great interest.

You can be the founder of the Bognor Hibs Supporters club. Nice to see a wee message on here from you. Maybe a friendly can be arranged

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Never been to Bognor in my life, but have a distant memory of it being used in comic sketches in Monty Python or other comedy shows of that era

I have.

Nice place, terrible name.