hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcpakeisgod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Comparing the two coming in directly to mcginn & mcgeouch is setting these guys up to fail, let's just see what their own style is, hopefully it's enough to improve our midfield and brings their own unique quality and style to the side. Good luck boys
    👍🏻

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Don’t fancy the guy at all. Not sure what the point is in this case.

Don’t think he’s like McGinn or McGeouch and don’t want to compare him to either.

Seems to like getting on the ball deep but also running at folk and making them commit, seems skilful with pace, strength and energy.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    You don’t fancy the guy and haven’t ever seen him play? Hmm

Left by mutual consent!
    Neil said he would bring the side ‘legs’. It’s exactly what we need.

Based on?

Left by mutual consent!
    File this lad under “one of THEY guys”

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Andrew Shinnie "done a job"
    Been on the bevy?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    In a blokeish way or some other sort of way?

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Just posting to point out Stephane Omeonga fits perfectly into the Malonga song
    Do do do come on and do the conga fits pretty well to the Malonga song too.

Wtf?

@hibs.net private member
    Never seen him play for a single minute - wrote off already. Hibs net during transfer window season.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    I have every faith that our people don't just pick a random on transfermkt. I think that's a hertz thing.

@hibs.net private member
    I’ve got no problem with the guy coming in if NL thinks he can do a job and he’s what we need then fair enough.

What I do have a problem with ( and I’m not really sure why ) is we seem to be constantly getting 6 month loans for players. Yes this does work in our favour sometimes, the signing of Kamberi for instance but we’ve now got three 6 month loans on our books. Is this a healthy way for Hibs to go? I’m not sure and for some reason it does feel like it’s a problem as it seems to constantly happen now getting loans in during our transfer window.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    I’ve got no problem with the guy coming in if NL thinks he can do a job and he’s what we need then fair enough.

What I do have a problem with ( and I’m not really sure why ) is we seem to be constantly getting 6 month loans for players. Yes this does work in our favour sometimes, the signing of Kamberi for instance but we’ve now got three 6 month loans on our books. Is this a healthy way for Hibs to go? I’m not sure and for some reason it does feel like it’s a problem as it seems to constantly happen now getting loans in during our transfer window.

GGTTH
    whos the 3 6 month loans? Gauld (already talked about possible extension), Omeonga and....??? who am I forgetting?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar

GGTTH
    I see it as the best way of getting good players out of our price range in the door.

If he absolutely loves it and does well then it will only help us if we then try to keep him on a longer term deal

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar

GGTTH
    Maybe that's because we need short term solutions to short term problems? While it would be great to plan and sign for the future, there are ongoing problems we need to solve. Personally, I'm not in the least phased when someone comes on loan.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I see it as the best way of getting good players out of our price range in the door.

If he absolutely loves it and does well then it will only help us if we then try to keep him on a longer term deal
    This is obviously the strategy. Get boys in on 6 month loan deals. Hope they do well, sell them the club, make them happy then it makes it a lot easier to sign them permanently. Nothing wrong with it and a lot more sensible than *****ing cash on contracts for players who might not fit.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Makes no sense if you haven't like the majority of us hasn't heard of the lad - what's the point of your post?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

GGTTH

Welcome to modern football.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    whos the 3 6 month loans? Gauld (already talked about possible extension), Omeonga and....??? who am I forgetting?
    Thought Agyepong was on a 6 months with option to extend. Or have I got that wrong?

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Thought Agyepong was on a 6 months with option to extend. Or have I got that wrong?

GGTTH
    Isnt it a seasons loan?

Anyway i get your point but its probably
    Partly the way if the world and market we are in now

Good if some can be persuaded to stay on though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Or should have I said 6 months left on a season loan for him.

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

Nail on head.

GGTTH
    I bet Hearts wish they had signed Malaury Martin on a 6 month deal

As a rule:
    The Summer window is for permanent deals and season long loans
    The January window is for 6 month loans and pre contracts

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    I bet Hearts wish they had signed Malaury Martin on a 6 month deal

As a rule:
    The Summer window is for permanent deals and season long loans
    The January window is for 6 month loans and pre contracts
    Can’t argue with that about Martin, but come the summer we will then have another 3 players leaving that will need replaced and it seems to be a vicious circle we may be creeping towards.

Also not sure if we’ll have any other players leaving too. Possibly Brogdan unless we’re extremely lucking in convincing him to stay.

We could say that we might convince one other loan signing to sign on permanently but ( let’s be honest we we’re lucky Kamberi signed considering championship teams were after him ) there’s a good chance if they do well other teams will come in for them.

I do understand that these loans allows us to get players in that we would normally not be able to get and we get to see them and they get to see us but for some reason I personally don’t feel this is the way we should be going. I may feel different if it was one or possibly two on loan but there is 4 I can think of on loan that can just walk away in May. Then back to square one trying to re-address these gaps.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    Forgot to add I genuinely hope these guys have an amazing time here and thoroughly enjoy the experience because if they do decide to go back then tell other players of that great time they had here it may just one day persuade another player to join.

GGTTH

Can’t argue with that about Martin, but come the summer we will then have another 3 players leaving that will need replaced and it seems to be a vicious circle we may be creeping towards.

Also not sure if we’ll have any other players leaving too. Possibly Brogdan unless we’re extremely lucking in convincing him to stay.

We could say that we might convince one other loan signing to sign on permanently but ( let’s be honest we we’re lucky Kamberi signed considering championship teams were after him ) there’s a good chance if they do well other teams will come in for them.

I do understand that these loans allows us to get players in that we would normally not be able to get and we get to see them and they get to see us but for some reason I personally don’t feel this is the way we should be going. I may feel different if it was one or possibly two on loan but there is 4 I can think of on loan that can just walk away in May. Then back to square one trying to re-address these gaps.

GGTTH
    Recruitment for the 1st team is constant. Most players are signed on 2 or 3 year contracts so you are looking at a minimum of 4 new permanent players every summer plus a couple of loans. Then another couple of loans in January if you have injuries or there are obvious weaknesses in the team like our midfield and forwards.

It is bad for your financial health if you get your permanent signings wrong. Using Hearts as an example, they will have paid Martin 3.5 years wages for he haw, Conor Sammon 3 years cash in order for him to play for other teams, Oshinwa, years doing he haw then paid off, Old Man Hughes 2/3 years wages to play a couple of games between injury bouts. A massive waste of money from them.
    By comparison we have no permanent players massively out the picture and sooking loads of money from the club. We have had Angepong and MacLaren in an almost permanent injured state giving us very little return on our investment but we won't be stuck with them beyond the summer. Far less waste than had they been on permanent contracts.
    We can't afford to waste money like Celtic or a team in the top 2 English leagues.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 19-01-2019 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Have we signed Tommy Block?

If so, after Ryan Gauld and Tommy Block, he's the first January signing whose name doesn't fit into "that song".

Unless we immediately nickname him Baby Shark of course?
    Tommy Block do do do do do do

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Recruitment for the 1st team is constant. Most players are signed on 2 or 3 year contracts so you are looking at a minimum of 4 new permanent players every summer plus a couple of loans. Then another couple of loans in January if you have injuries or there are obvious weaknesses in the team like our midfield and forwards.

It is bad for your financial health if you get your permanent signings wrong. Using Hearts as an example, they will have paid Martin 3.5 years wages for he haw, Conor Sammon 3 years cash in order for him to play for other teams, Oshinwa, years doing he haw then paid off, Old Man Hughes 2/3 years wages to play a couple of games between injury bouts. A massive waste of money from them.
    By comparison we have no permanent players massively out the picture and sooking loads of money from the club. We have had Angepong and MacLaren in an almost permanent injured state giving us very little return on our investment but we won't be stuck with them beyond the summer. Far less waste than had they been on permanent contracts.
    We can't afford to waste money like Celtic or a team in the top 2 English leagues.
    Fair comments, but I forgot about MacLaren so that’s 5 on loan that can just walk away in May or he may leave this window.

GGTTH