hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Got to look at who will finish above us. Unfortunately id be amazed if we finish above hearts or aberdeen along with the great unwashed

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pessimism.net
    Not sure about that. Most folk have actually predicted a position higher than our current one. I think people are just being realistic. We’re probably weaker now than we were going into the window yet we’re currently 8th. Hopefully we can get top 6 and challenge for top 4 but previous form and a now weaker squad would suggest that will be difficult.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    2nd behind Aberdeen.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    Now were about to start the 2nd part of the season, where do you think we will finish?

With all the injuries starting to clear up, I'm expecting top 5-6 at the least!!!

A good cup run and hopefully a few more players before the window closes.
    4th.

I know there was another thread that pointed out the points difference between us this season and last season and the fact we had an amazing run from last Jan and ended in the same place as before however the difference between then and now is that last season all the top 4 were barely putting a foot wrong, which made a thrilling end to the season. This season we've arguably an equally exciting league for neutrals but frustrating for fans as every team has been inconsistent, especially ourselves, which is why although we're 8th we're still only a handful of points from the euro places.

It's still all to play for and of anything our good start probably set expectations a little high after the losses we had in the summer but I still believe we recruited well and players are finding their place in the team. A couple of quality signings and a bit of a break and there's no reason we can't go on a strong run, ouur manager has done it with us on more than one occasion.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    4th.

I know there was another thread that pointed out the ponta difference between us this season and last season and the fact we had an amazing t run from last Jan and ended in the same place ass before however the difference between then and now is that last season all the top 4 were barely putting a door wrong, which made a thrilling end to the season. This season we've arguably an equally exciting league for neutrals but frustrating for fans as every team has been inconsistent, especially ourselves, which is why although we're 8th we're still only a handful of points from the euro places.

It's still all to play for and of anything out good start probably set expectations a little high after the losses we had in the summer but I still believe we recruited well and players are finding their place in the team. A couple of quality signings and a bit of a break and there's no reason we can't go on a strong run, ouur manager has done it with us on more than one occasion.

^ this

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I said 4th at the start of the season. I’ll say 6th now.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    7th.

Scottish cup winners.

Europa League winners the year after.

Champions league winners the year after that.

Unfortunately the busy schedule will impact our league performances, but we'll finish top 6 in both those years.
    Give me one of what he's having barman!

I'll predict 5th though - I think Gauld will prove a good signing and we may even get Allan in early to add further to our creative options in the middle

I also think we'll reinforce up front (Cummings?) a new keeper and a winger will be signed - and probably a defender. We need these signings and I think they will be addressed. But then I'm an optimist - unlike some folk who think we'll just finish 7th....

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Not sure about that. Most folk have actually predicted a position higher than our current one. I think people are just being realistic. We’re probably weaker now than we were going into the window yet we’re currently 8th. Hopefully we can get top 6 and challenge for top 4 but previous form and a now weaker squad would suggest that will be difficult.
    We've had a poor 1st half of season, that will be rectified if not by players coming in then by the return of injured players and a reality check/return to form aswell as the thought of Lennon given them a boot up the arse. We won't finish 7th we certainly won't finish 8th and will definitely finish top 6.

4th

We need a really good window to kick on. We were needing 3 or 4 before losing Efe and Boyle. Need a striker and box to box midfielder before anything else. Need to see how the window pans out as so far only brought 1 in who is neither a striker or box to bix midfielder.
    There's still time in the window though and Allan would be a great addition if we can get him. Don't know about the finishing position but would say currently bottom 6, the right signings top 6 and pushing for Euro place

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    We've had a poor 1st half of season, that will be rectified if not by players coming in then by the return of injured players and a reality check/return to form aswell as the thought of Lennon given them a boot up the arse. We won't finish 7th we certainly won't finish 8th and will definitely finish top 6.
    As it stands I don’t think there are any guarantees of top six.

Gray and Hanlon being available every week improves us. We aren’t waiting on many others coming back that really improve us IMO. And you can offset their return against the loss of Ambrose and Boyle.

Signings should improve us but we don’t know when they’re going to be in, available etc.

Five points off sixth, with St Johnstone, having played a game less gives us a bit of work to do. We need to get off to a flyer and win the two games we have next week. St Johnstone play Livi and Hearts, that’s the three teams directly above us, so points will be dropped and we need to take advantage of it.

@hibs.net private member
    7th. We've left ourselves with too much work needing to be done.

However, if we bring in 3/4 decent players before the end of the window (Scott Allan this window, a striker, a winger and maybe a centre half), there's no reason why we can't go far in the Scottish Cup. The cup is what we have left to play for.

It will depend how quickly Ryan Gauld gets into his stride and how good he is , if he really is the Scottish Messi then 4th or 5th . if he turns out to be the Scottish Hyndman then 7th or 8th

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    As it stands I don’t think there are any guarantees of top six.

Gray and Hanlon being available every week improves us. We aren’t waiting on many others coming back that really improve us IMO. And you can offset their return against the loss of Ambrose and Boyle.

Signings should improve us but we don’t know when they’re going to be in, available etc.

Five points off sixth, with St Johnstone, having played a game less gives us a bit of work to do. We need to get off to a flyer and win the two games we have next week. St Johnstone play Livi and Hearts, that’s the three teams directly above us, so points will be dropped and we need to take advantage of it.
    Best game we've played this season was against Celtic without Boyle, he's not kicked a ball since the Australia hype.

Can we get 6th before the break? I think we can but realistically I think 5th or 6th is where we'll end up after that.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeyhibee View Post
    Can we get 6th before the break? I think we can but realistically I think 5th or 6th is where we'll end up after that.
    12 games left so 36 points to play for. 5 point gap with St Johnstone also having a game in hand and Livi also in the mix above us. It’s definitely possible but it depends on our signings. If we don’t add some more real quality this window then I think we’ll struggle to close that gap.

St Johnstone's game in hand is against Celtc, so there's no guarantee they'll get anything out of that game.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.