hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Visiting Easter Road for the first time

Hi lads and lassies,

We're visiting Easter Road for the Hibs - Aberdeen game with my 8 year old son on Feb 2nd.
    We are from Hungary and we're visiting our friend, living in Edinburgh.
    Me and my kid are both football mads and the match will be our first program (arriving the night before) in the city.

I've been to Anfield several times (being a Liverpool fan) and I expect more or less the same, regarding entering the stadium through turnstiles, entering cca 1 hour before KO to see the players warming up, etc.
    My only question is whether I can carry backpack (at Anfield I can)?
    We'll try to get there early, to buy scarves (not half-half ), an Adam Bogdan fridge magnet (), to have a quick food, to walk around the stadium and to pick up the atmosphere.

My kid loves to sing and shout so if you can recommend some catchy songs or chants, I would be happy to teach him.

Thanks

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member _hucks_'s Avatar
    You'll be fine with a backpack but will likely get it checked by stewards on the way in. It'll be less crowded getting in and will be nigh on empty when you first arrive - not many go for the hour before the match. Hope you enjoy the game and get to witness a Hibs victory!

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    One big difference between here and Anfield is that you won't be able to buy alcohol in the stadium, if you were hoping for that. Also you will get any soft drinks, etc. that might be in the backpack confiscated on entry.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tepy75 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi lads and lassies,

We're visiting Easter Road for the Hibs - Aberdeen game with my 8 year old son on Feb 2nd.
    Me and my kid are both football mads and the match will be our first program (arriving the night before) in the city.

I've been to Anfield several times (being a Liverpool fan) and I expect more or less the same, regarding entering the stadium through turnstiles, entering cca 1 hour before KO to see the players warming up, etc.
    We'll try to get there early, to buy scarves (not half-half ), an Adam Bogdan fridge magnet (), to have a quick food, to walk around the stadium and to pick up the atmosphere.

My kid loves to sing and shout so if you can recommend some catchy songs or chants, I would be happy to teach him.

Thanks
    This match will classed as a Category A game so tickets will only be sold to supporters on the HIBS database

Is your friend from Edinburgh and is he/she on the HIBS database?

Cartegory A is the highest security in Scotland and it is important that home tickets are only sold to HIBS supporters and away tickets to Aberdeen supporters

It is sometimes difficult for visitors from Europe to understand our strict segregation policy

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This match will classed as a Category A game so tickets will only be sold to supporters on the HIBS database

Cartegory A is the highest security in Scotland and it is important that home tickets are only sold to HIBS supporters and away tickets to Aberdeen supporters

It is sometimes difficult for visitors from Europe to understand our strict segregation policy
    I was able to buy the tickets on the official site (www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc), a few days ago. I could print it out with the barcode. I had to register to the site so they were able to check my personal details.
    I have the tickets on the home end for sure.

I was able to buy the tickets on the official site (www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc), a few days ago. I could print it out with the barcode. I had to register to the site so they were able to check my personal details.
    I have the tickets on the home end for sure.
    Excellent!

Better safe than sorry did not want you having a wasted journey

Enjoy

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post

It's not a Cat A game. Maybe in police terms but in ticketing terms our Cat A games are the old firm and Hearts.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    It's not a Cat A game. Maybe in police terms but in ticketing terms our Cat A games are the old firm and Hearts.
    This. Still a good post from Billy though who was very informative had it been a cat a game.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This. Still a good post from Billy though who was very informative had it been a cat a game.
    Aye!

Cheers mate!

Its nice to be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    One big difference between here and Anfield is that you won't be able to buy alcohol in the stadium, if you were hoping for that. Also you will get any soft drinks, etc. that might be in the backpack confiscated on entry.
    I believe that Capri-Sun soft drinks are allowed because of the non-rigid packaging.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DavieMac View Post
    I believe that Capri-Sun soft drinks are allowed because of the non-rigid packaging.
    I don’t know about ER, but years ago we were at an away game at Dens Park and we got searched on the way in. My mate had a Capri Sun pouch on him and he was made to ditch it. “Offensive weapon; you could take a player out with that” was the reason given by both the steward and his supervisor. We went through the turnstile and what did we see directly in front of us but a vending machine selling exclusively the exact same offensive weapon my mate got confiscated.

No chance of a half and half scarf mate. Hibs and Aberdeen don't like one another! Just stick to the green and white scarf and you'll be fine 😁
    Hibs v Aberdeen is always a good atmosphere, loads of noise. Hopefully you can see us beat them with a few goals.
    Enjoy mate! 😁

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Élvezd a játékot! Egészségére!😁

I doubt you want to eat Hungarian when you're here but there is a fine restaurant along at the West end that's also sells some real under the counter Palinka 😎😎😎

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    I don’t know about ER, but years ago we were at an away game at Dens Park and we got searched on the way in. My mate had a Capri Sun pouch on him and he was made to ditch it. “Offensive weapon; you could take a player out with that” was the reason given by both the steward and his supervisor. We went through the turnstile and what did we see directly in front of us but a vending machine selling exclusively the exact same offensive weapon my mate got confiscated.
    Capri-Sun, and cardboard cartons of juice, are allowed in Easter Road. I was told that by a steward last season when he took a plastic bottle off me - he did allow me to pour the juice into a catering cup which was very good of him.

As others have said your bag will be searched by security to make sure there are no banned items like flares or bottles but other than that you can take it in.

Enjoy your trip! We hope it's good enough to entice you back more often.

Hi lads and lassies,

Thanks
    hope you are not as big as a BUDA,and take up 2 seats....then you could be a PEST.

Have to add though, that Budapest is one of the best places I have ever been. fantastic city. has its problems like most large places with homeless, etc but overall it is very clean, people very friendly and the place is stunning with huge monuments and lots of history.

Get 'Runaround Sue' onto your play list, but sing Hibs at the chorus instead.. There's your boys first Hibs chant.
    Enjoy your first Hibs game, hope your lucky for us. I fell in love when I first visited and years later- I'm still here!

'Quick Food.' Now there's a phrase.

Please come on after your visit and let us know what you think of the catering.

Enjoy your visit,my man.

Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post
    No chance of a half and half scarf mate. Hibs and Aberdeen don't like one another! Just stick to the green and white scarf and you'll be fine 😁
    Hibs v Aberdeen is always a good atmosphere, loads of noise. Hopefully you can see us beat them with a few goals.
    Enjoy mate! 😁
    Since I've seen weird half and half scarves behind the Kop on the street, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    hope you are not as big as a BUDA,and take up 2 seats....then you could be a PEST.
    Haha

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    Have to add though, that Budapest is one of the best places I have ever been. fantastic city. has its problems like most large places with homeless, etc but overall it is very clean, people very friendly and the place is stunning with huge monuments and lots of history.
    Thank you.

I also have some fond memories of the Tartan Army when they were in the city. A group of them donated lots of money to a local charity (starving children).

You're always welcome here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wembley67 View Post
    Élvezd a játékot! Egészségére!😁

I always fancy having the local food/drink

First Team Breakthrough superbam's Avatar
    I would also like an Adam Bogdan fridge magnet, should they be available.

Testimonial Due
    Was in Budapest a few months ago, brilliant city. One of the best I've visited, very clean and friendly locals. Ruins bars are brilliant.

Enjoy Edinburgh, and Enjoy your visit to the best club in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by superbam View Post
    I would also like an Adam Bogdan fridge magnet, should they be available.
    https://www.hiberniandirect.co.uk/ac...-fridge-magnet :)

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Hope you enjoy the game!

A question for you if you don't mind?

How do you go about getting Liverpool tickets if you're not from the area? I get that they're pretty much like gold dust just now, but my son's been wanting to go and see them for a few years now, and I'd like to take him some time...

Quote Originally Posted by McS****y View Post
    Hope you enjoy the game!

A question for you if you don't mind?

How do you go about getting Liverpool tickets if you're not from the area? I get that they're pretty much like gold dust just now, but my son's been wanting to go and see them for a few years now, and I'd like to take him some time...
    It's difficult if your not a season ticket holder.

You have three choices.

Join the official membership, get the plastic card. The membership sales for ALL GAMES in the first half of the season is in middle of summer (middle of July I think). Then you have a chance to get a few tickets for any Cat B games until Dec 31.
    Then for the whole second half of season sale starts in December.

Second choice to join your local LFC supporters club if you have any. They get loads of tickets.

Third choice is a tout (Thomas Cook, etc). :(

I easily can get a single ticket during the membership sales, but I struggle to get a pair.

Left by mutual consent!

I was going to buy a Tam McCourt one too.

All the best for your trip bud, hope you all have a great time and the Hibees get a big win!