hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I see Carl Macar has indicated his intention to stand on FB.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A spankingly good candidate imo.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    I’d like to thank Tracey & Frank for all the hard work they put into our club. That’s all.

Coaching Staff
    Does anyone know if there is a plan to have a 'husting night' for the eventual candidates...assuming there is more than one.?

Or have they moved on from that line of thinking?

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a plan to have a 'husting night' for the eventual candidates...assuming there is more than one.?

It’s not happening.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post

That would turn into much more of a roasting than a husting

I think what is required is a candidate willing to acknowledge the limitations of the role from an early stage and also demonstrate an understanding of how a board operates and what their function is. Whilst I think there is a general grasp that what is said in a boardroom is bound by confidentiality there has to be a recognition that there is commercially sensitive information shared outwith the boardroom, including at WT meetings, that isn't always able to be divulged as and when it suits.

There seems to be a mistaken belief among some that the boardroom is where all business happens; as an example we had people moaning about 'the board' setting prices for the Elgin game incorrectly. That isn't the case, and Tracey clarified that. There are various individuals and teams who work at Hibs, or any company, and they have a remit and a level of autonomy to get a job done. Equally if there is a proposal to be put before the board the person taking the issue to the boardroom will have spent time before hand making sure they are likely to get the idea passed before they take it to a vote.

I think having a fan inside the boardroom can be a good thing as long as the fanbase is aware of what the role actually is and the candidates don't make promises they will find it impossible to keep. I'd also maintain the role would be more effective if it was tied to a further group of fans who are independent of the board and cover a range of demographics and can interact across a number of platforms. In saying all of that the number of people voting in each of the last 2 elections suggests the majority of the fanbase is at best apathetic to the whole idea so whether there is a desire to add a further layer to it is open to debate.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post

No danger!
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think what is required is a candidate willing to acknowledge the limitations of the role from an early stage and also demonstrate an understanding of how a board operates and what their function is. Whilst I think there is a general grasp that what is said in a boardroom is bound by confidentiality there has to be a recognition that there is commercially sensitive information shared outwith the boardroom, including at WT meetings, that isn't always able to be divulged as and when it suits.

There seems to be a mistaken belief among some that the boardroom is where all business happens; as an example we had people moaning about 'the board' setting prices for the Elgin game incorrectly. That isn't the case, and Tracey clarified that. There are various individuals and teams who work at Hibs, or any company, and they have a remit and a level of autonomy to get a job done. Equally if there is a proposal to be put before the board the person taking the issue to the boardroom will have spent time before hand making sure they are likely to get the idea passed before they take it to a vote.

I think having a fan inside the boardroom can be a good thing as long as the fanbase is aware of what the role actually is and the candidates don't make promises they will find it impossible to keep. I'd also maintain the role would be more effective if it was tied to a further group of fans who are independent of the board and cover a range of demographics and can interact across a number of platforms. In saying all of that the number of people voting in each of the last 2 elections suggests the majority of the fanbase is at best apathetic to the whole idea so whether there is a desire to add a further layer to it is open to debate.
    Pretty much my thoughts. I quite liked the idea of having Frank - an absolute died-in-the-wool Hibs fan who many fans would know by sight and could always be relied upon to represent the club well - plus 1 other who was more tech-savvy and maybe represented the more 'modern' fan; giving updates on social media etc., which is why I voted for the 2 incumbents at the last election.

With the role now having been in place for a few years now, it'll be interesting to see what promises of improvements any candidates will make, given we now have a better understanding of its limitations.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Carl Macar, can you just imagine it?

I'd pay money to be in on those board meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by C Feeney-Seale View Post
    True and I think there should be published minutes. There’s no pre conditions to attend, anyone can turn upto any of the meetings and participate fully in the discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Haven't seen you post on here much before. Cynics might think your wee flurry of recent posts is the start of your "election campaign" ?

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    My question is, why don't Hibs have an open Liason Officer, like other teams do, have them on social media etc...
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Carl Macar, can you just imagine it?

I'd pay money to be in on those board meetings.
    same - hope there’s a viewing gallery.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    My question is, why don't Hibs have an open Liason Officer, like other teams do, have them on social media etc...
    Probably because we would have to pay them.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    same - hope there’s a viewing gallery.
    Tempted to vote for him and then stand myself in the hope that is get to see it first hand.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    I realise there’s a historical in-joke about the fellah Carl Macar and I’m happy to have missed it, but he’s the blind lad that travels consistently from Sunderland to see the Hibs home and away is that right?
    If so, he’d get my vote before any of the present pairing or any of the names being punted from here (or those curious names that resurface on the hunt around about these times).

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    I realise there’s a historical in-joke about the fellah Carl Macar and I’m happy to have missed it, but he’s the blind lad that travels consistently from Sunderland to see the Hibs home and away is that right?
    If so, he’d get my vote before any of the present pairing or any of the names being punted from here (or those curious names that resurface on the hunt around about these times).
    That's exactly him Iggy. Good on him if he puts himself forward

I promised if I was elected to engage more on here, but I wasn’t. I've continued to read the forums, but have been careful not to step on Frank or Tracey’s toes - I'm not going to try to subvert them or force my way in.

If I stand again and get elected hopefully I can further improve communication as I do think progress has been made over the past two years.

Whilst the sentiments are right what I would say is why wouldn’t you contribute to the forums over the previous couple of years? Surely if you wanted to run for election again you should be trying to build relationships with those in then forum rather than just popping up when election time comes around again?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Being Hibs daft doesn't mean he'd be good for the post. He was emptied from here for being a nuisance and I think he'd be a disaster if elected.

I'm sure he is the guy that used to reply to every single thread saying yes or I agree.
    Cougars!!!

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I promised if I was elected to engage more on here, but I wasn’t. I've continued to read the forums, but have been careful not to step on Frank or Tracey’s toes - I'm not going to try to subvert them or force my way in.

If I stand again and get elected hopefully I can further improve communication as I do think progress has been made over the past two years.

Surely you must realise that you're not very credible on the communications front given your posting activity/inactivity/activity on here?

Out of the candidates last time around, PatHead was the only frequent/regular poster on here. I don't understand why those looking for more communication didn't vote for him - he seemed an obvious choice to me.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    I'm sure he is the guy that used to reply to every single thread saying yes or I agree.
    Recall the time well. Being "active" on the Internet won't be an issue.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Surely you must realise that you're not very credible on the communications front given your posting activity/inactivity/activity on here?

Out of the candidates last time around, PatHead was the only frequent/regular poster on here. I don't understand why those looking for more communication didn't vote for him - he seemed an obvious choice to me.
    Believe it or not it was the time before last I stood. Unfortunately health stopped me going for it last time and I am not standing this time either.

Amit also only ever appeared at election time.

Don't trust anyone who appears when they need votes and for that reason I will give her a wide berth. She must think our heads zip up the back.

I actually think Tracey has done a decent job in communicating over the past couple of years. What I would say though is I think the role needs two tech savvy people to carry it out. There are too many platforms and means of communication for one person to handle given how large a support we have. I know Tracey personally and she deals with dozens of supporters requests per day, not to mention a hell of a lot of unseen work she does for the club, all that as well as running her own business and raising 3 kids.

I’ve been pretty impressed with how she’s taken it all in her stride.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    I actually think Tracey has done a decent job in communicating over the past couple of years. What I would say though is I think the role needs two tech savvy people to carry it out. There are too many platforms and means of communication for one person to handle given how large a support we have. I know Tracey personally and she deals with dozens of supporters requests per day, not to mention a hell of a lot of unseen work she does for the club, all that as well as running her own business and raising 3 kids.

I’ve been pretty impressed with how she’s taken it all in her stride.
    I agree. She's communicated well given the limitations in opportunity there are for her to do so. I'll say again folk expecting daily updates and detailed accounts of board meetings are going to be disappointed.

I voted for Tracey last time because she seemed like someone I could imagine sitting with at a game and having a crack about Hibs with. If I vote again she'll likely keep my vote for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I agree. She's communicated well given the limitations in opportunity there are for her to do so. I'll say again folk expecting daily updates and detailed accounts of board meetings are going to be disappointed.

I voted for Tracey last time because she seemed like someone I could imagine sitting with at a game and having a crack about Hibs with. If I vote again she'll likely keep my vote for the same reason.
    Limited opportunities to communicate??? The opportunities are endless. This has been a big missed opportunity.

I agree some things cannot be communicated, but there was no effort to communicate with fans at large, gather views and feed back when they could and explain when they couldnt. None of the 3 role holders have ever achieved this, albeit I do believe all have given the role their best

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Limited opportunities to communicate??? The opportunities are endless. This has been a big missed opportunity.

I agree some things cannot be communicated, but there was no effort to communicate with fans at large, gather views and feed back when they could and explain when they couldnt. None of the 3 role holders have ever achieved this, albeit I do believe all have given the role their best
    I agree, communication has not been effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Being Hibs daft doesn't mean he'd be good for the post. He was emptied from here for being a nuisance and I think he'd be a disaster if elected.
    Maybe he’s changed. Being emptied from here isn’t the be all and end all you know. The forum is packed with nuisance and misinformation.
    I’d say being Hibs daft is definitely good for his CV.

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Again, probably not alone.

@hibs.net private member
    Maybe he’s changed. Being emptied from here isn’t the be all and end all you know. The forum is packed with nuisance and misinformation.
    I’d say being Hibs daft is definitely good for his CV.
    Definitely good on the cv and being off here isn’t the be all and end alll.

However he’s on other groups on Facebook etc and he’s a pest.