hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It exists. It’s called “Let’s Work Together”. Which is another talking shop.
    Have you been to one and if so how would you like it to change?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by andyf5 View Post
    Have you been to one and if so how would you like it to change?
    Ross has definitely been to them.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Is that not pretty much what Working Together was? Although these groups were able to sent their own rep along. More often than not all manner of directors were there to field questions and chat about current Hibs affairs.

I thought it worked rather well.
    Is WT still a thing? It seems a lot less visible than it once was.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Is WT still a thing? It seems a lot less visible than it once was.
    Yes - I got an email today. They’re trying to arrange a date for the next meeting about stadium decorations. I say they but the email came from Tracey.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Yes - I got an email today. They’re trying to arrange a date for the next meeting about stadium decorations. I say they but the email came from Tracey.
    I used to go regularly to the meetings but I've not had an email about them for ages.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I used to go regularly to the meetings but I've not had an email about them for ages.
    I’ve never had an email about them. Should in theory be an east communication win.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    I'm standing, a stick to get voted in.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

I promised if I was elected to engage more on here, but I wasn’t. I've continued to read the forums, but have been careful not to step on Frank or Tracey’s toes - I'm not going to try to subvert them or force my way in.

If I stand again and get elected hopefully I can further improve communication as I do think progress has been made over the past two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I'm standing, a stick to get voted in.
    Why would we want a Jambo on our board?

Quote Originally Posted by C Feeney-Seale View Post
    I promised if I was elected to engage more on here, but I wasn’t. I've continued to read the forums, but have been careful not to step on Frank or Tracey’s toes - I'm not going to try to subvert them or force my way in.

If I stand again and get elected hopefully I can further improve communication as I do think progress has been made over the past two years.

Tracy campaigned on a similar ticket while Frank promised to be better. In my view both have failed miserably on their promise.

I see talk of a Working Together e-mail. I didnt get one despite the club having my e-mail. There is some basic stuff here getting missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Tracy campaigned on a similar ticket while Frank promised to be better. In my view both have failed miserably on their promise.

I see talk of a Working Together e-mail. I didnt get one despite the club having my e-mail. There is some basic stuff here getting missed.
    I believe the working together emails only go to those that have attended the meetings. Although I do think the club need to better advertise these so new members can come along. I’m sure Tracey will happily add you to the mailing list.

The next gathering is likely to take place on Tuesday during the day to talk about stadium decorations. The date hasn’t been confirmed, but as far as I can tell this has only been communicated to the email group.

I believe the working together emails only go to those that have attended the meetings. Although I do think the club need to better advertise these so new members can come along. I’m sure Tracey will happily add you to the mailing list.

The next gathering is likely to take place on Tuesday during the day to talk about stadium decorations. The date hasn’t been confirmed, but as far as I can tell this has only been communicated to the email group.

Thats kind of my point though, I shouldnt have to seek these out.

Tuesday during the say restricts the available attendees.

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Thats kind of my point though, I shouldnt have to seek these out.

Tuesday during the say restricts the available attendees.
    Yes I agree. We should be doing more to promote these sort of things. I’m not involved in the decision making, but I do know that there are options offered for when these meetings are scheduled to try and find the most convenient times. Obviously, no time works for everyone, but if we could communicate better so that more people know in the first place, and then make sure the meeting times are varied so that everyone who wants to attend has a good chance of being able to make at least one meeting, then we’d be able to get more fans views heard.

Sharing the emails with anyone who was interested would also mean that fans who couldn’t attend could react to the discussion and share their ideas.

Coaching Staff
    Yes I agree. We should be doing more to promote these sort of things. I’m not involved in the decision making, but I do know that there are options offered for when these meetings are scheduled to try and find the most convenient times. Obviously, no time works for everyone, but if we could communicate better so that more people know in the first place, and then make sure the meeting times are varied so that everyone who wants to attend has a good chance of being able to make at least one meeting, then we’d be able to get more fans views heard.

Sharing the emails with anyone who was interested would also mean that fans who couldn’t attend could react to the discussion and share their ideas.

Would it not be possible for .net and the bounce to create sub-forums for the fans reps ?

That way at least there would be a platform for supporters to dip into (and out) and offer feedback ? Both sites have fantastic admins and moderators and can weed out anything that goes beyond what the forum would seek to achieve - constructive feedback from fans (admittedly a section of support that use both sites) that the reps could read, reflect on, answer if appropriate, and take forward to the club if there was a groundswell of opinion...........for example catering at the club (which is awful and over-priced), the distinct lack of promotional work being done since Tom moved on, and to feed back the good, positive stuff the club are doing and should be promoted more on social media (the work Suzy does, etc.)...........the club seem to have fallen back into the bad old days of not really connecting (in my opinion)........the short films and video campaigns were excellent and capitalised on the feel good factor........the reps need to really impress on the board that these campaigns worked.......I would hope most fans would be civil and not use that kind of sub-portal to vent after bad results or lack of signings, etc, but more put forward the pros and cons of the fan experience home and away ?

Communication is vital and the reps don't seem to have (or use) an adequate platform or portal to engage 'real time' - email is a cop out for me and takes too long - the virtual and 'fast' world we live in means people want to moan quickly and are impatient at delayed responses in all seriousness, the reps need their own 'forum' for supporters to contribute towards so they can take forward the views of a significant number of fans.

And bring back Tom Zanelli that's my main moan !!!
    Last edited by truehibernian; 18-01-2019 at 07:44 PM.

[QUOTE=C Feeney-Seale;5667654]I promised if I was elected to engage more on here, but I wasn’t. I've continued to read the forums, but have been careful not to step on Frank or Tracey’s toes - I'm not going to try to subvert them or force my way in.

I spoke to you while you were campaigning last time in the Hibs club & I was impressed with your approach.
    I’m not however convinced the roles benefit the fans as much as they should.
    Personally I’d like to see two HSA nominated members elected so they were accountable to their respective branch members on their input, whilst enhancing the relationship between the club & the HSA.
    All in my own opinion

Mmmm, I can already see a problem here.
    Space to let

Being Directors the fans reps have always been bound by Board Member collective responsibility and there hands have been tied from the outset. That was a very astute bit of work by LD. In their role as Directors the reps are duty bound to take any major issues to the Boardroom where they can then be voted down. For me the fans rep thing has always been a PR exercise / smoke and mirrors , the impression of giving the fans a voice with the systems in place to ensure that if that's a dissenting voice it can be easily overruled

I know that the reps do a lot of good work on behalf of individual fans and supporter branches but that's peripheral stuff which could have been addressed by a supporter liaison officer. In terms of fan driven big issues I don't know of anything that the reps have taken to the Board which has changed a Board decision or policy.

A club appointed supporter liaison officer would take care of the kind of stuff that the reps have been very successful in doing. That role wouldn't carry with it the unrealistic expectations that some might have about the power of the reps to effect change.

As for how long people serve as reps, the whole things a cosmetic exercise so the length of tenure will have no impact on anything of importance.
    Last edited by Brizo; 19-01-2019 at 06:54 AM.

These roles are a complete waste of time, representing the fans?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    These roles are a complete waste of time, representing the fans?
    They represent the board more than the fans. I thought it was a great idea at first but the reality has been a hugely diluted version of what I had in mind for a supporters rep.
    For the roles to be more productive they need to be independent from the the boardroom in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    They represent the board more than the fans. I thought it was a great idea at first but the reality has been a hugely diluted version of what I had in mind for a supporters rep.
    For the roles to be more productive they need to be independent from the the boardroom in my opinion.
    Agreed D

It's impossible for them to wear both hats.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Coaching Staff
    In a nutshell!

However nothing wrong with ‘Supporter elected board members’ if the club want to have them, but they need to change the title as they are not, and indeed cannot be, due to the diverse views of the support.. ‘Supporters Representatives’

What can you communicate? You would be bound by confidentiality

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Was she not talking about the WTG?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I agree, where we are today on this leads me to believe including an option to have a representative elected who is independent of the board rather than continuing with the current model might give an indication of what fans are currently thinking.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Was she not talking about the WTG?
    At the last set of hustings Allan

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    I agree, where we are today on this leads me to believe including an option to have a representative elected who is independent of the board rather than continuing with the current model might give an indication of what fans are currently thinking.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    It’s an option worth exploring a bit this - there seems to be a view that being part of the board is limiting the ability of the reps to represent the voice of the fans on to the board , or perhaps dilute their ability to do this in some way...

So the alternatives are : don’t have them , they attend the board but aren’t part of the board , or they don’t attend the board (e.g. they brief the fans views on key topics in advance but don’t join the debate).

The positive of this is that they could take views quite contrary to board opinion ..the corollary though is that they are not included in all dialogues (for example: on the most contentious topics you could see separate board discussions held without them being in attendance (formal or informal) .

the role will never be seen as effective by everyone. There will always be topics where the fans have an emotive view, and the club need to take a more considered opinion.

I can though completely understand reservations wondering whether the fans voice is being fully represented. There seems to be limited structure as to how the fans views are sought, to ensure a rounded set of views are understood. Secondly , the feedback on key topics have not been done in a consistent and comprehensive way, therefore we have limited idea as to what “fans voice” is hitting the board, other than the views the reps out in themselves .

Personally, have little doubt that there is a good attempt from the reps to give a fans voice into the board. I certainly view we are better with the roles existing than not existing . That said, I don’t think they are doing enough to ensure we feel fully represented and the feedback is pretty invisible . Certainly not in line with pre election promises. I’d like to see some sort of voluntary group more representative of the fans feeding in to the reps, and more feedback from the reps ..whilst we may not agree with all the clubs decisions we could at least then understand them more. This could be working together..(or something new) but it needs to be be more explicit in its role and communication of the key topics to the whole fan base if so.

Communication will never been perfect..but this may enhance the clarity and balance of views being represented to the board .

As allant1981 said I was talking about the Working together group. This is an open group that all fans can attend, it is not confidential.

@hibs.net private member
    As allant1981 said I was talking about the Working together group. This is an open group that all fans can attend, it is not confidential.

It shouldn’t be but I think it is - there’s no published minutes and the group are asked to not share what was discussed. Or they certainly have been in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    It shouldn’t be but I think it is - there’s no published minutes and the group are asked to not share what was discussed. Or they certainly have been in the past.
    True and I think there should be published minutes. There’s no pre conditions to attend, anyone can turn upto any of the meetings and participate fully in the discussion.