hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm in, i can easily make promises i have no intention of keeping.
    You're a born politician then.

I'll second hibbymick's nomination
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    You're a born politician then.

I'll second hibbymick's nomination
    Cheers, its a piece of pish, while i'm at it i will sort out brexit in my spare time.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    For the honour of being on the board?
    That's the only reason I'd do it.

And the foreign trips. Bloody Faroes cost a fortune, so did Norway, and I wouldn't have been booted off the plane to Greece.

@hibs.net private member hibbymick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    I was in Churchills a few hours ago, makes The Marksman look like The Dome! ☺
    You were meant to keep the sunglasses on.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    I've voted in the last two.

I'm not voting this time. To be fair to them they do this for free but you never hear from them.
    They both do a lot for hibs in their own time so respect from me. I have dealt with Tracey a few times and she responds very quickly and posts on here. I think the role is worthwhile, communicating grass root views and challenging the board. They do not reflect everyone's view as we have many different ones

Not clear why they put up with the hassle - for free.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I'm not sure I agree with that. I don't think it helps whoever is elected if they've been put forward as a respresentative of a particular segment of the support.

There are plenty of people out there who don't like hibs.net (I know, I've read the mean comments on twitter ) and even if the candidate was elected, they'd have another hurdle to overcome with the association with the site.

We're also an independent site, and I think that putting forward a 'hibs.net nominee' to sit on the board would compromise that independence to a degree, at least in the eyes of some folk who already think that the admins are board plants or that anti-board views are somehow surpressed/deleted etc.

It's a nice thought, but I think it causes more problems than it solves.

There's nothing to stop someone canvassing on here for election though, we do have a large user base and getting support from other .netters would definitely help (though I imagine our usership is a fraction of the voter population, so it might not have that much of an impact).
    For they reasons it makes sense.

👍

Should do away with the roles, it’s not worked. “Let’s Move On”-gate and the subsequent disappearing from sight for weeks while they got their ducks in a row was the final nail in the coffin for me. Board Reps to the Fans.

First Team Breakthrough scotia44's Avatar
    What if the outcome of the vote is not one we like 😈😈

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scotia44 View Post
    What if the outcome of the vote is not one we like ����

votes of no confidence will be called until we get the result we want

:)

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scotia44 View Post
    What if the outcome of the vote is not one we like 😈😈
    We demand a People's Vote

@hibs.net private member
    I'm going to go against the grain a bit here and say that I like the roles of the fans reps. I see lots of areas where it has improved the connection between fans and the club and vice versa. Frank and Tracey are very accessible to fans on any topics. I've seen this at matches, via this forum and social media. Many fans have active chats about topics that are important to them. Some of the work connecting fans with the club in occasions of ill-health, (for example) have been inspirational on occasions. I also have confidence that the general voice of the fans will be better represented around the board table than without them being there. Just because we don't like all of the club/board decisions, doesn't;t mean the fans voice isn't being put into the mix.

I'm not saying that the roles have maximised their impact. For me, there is still a lack of broader communication and updates from the reps, which was promised, and hasn't materialised. A topic that could be easily addressed with some regular updates and/or podcasts.

For me though, we would be worse off without the roles. I hope they continue. I'll certainly continue to be supportive of those committing time to bridge the club with the fans.

I read posts from Tracy alot on here. A few of you are being very unfair.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post

the mild mannered janitor Last Minute's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedish hibee View Post
    But where is Frank

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I'm going to go against the grain a bit here and say that I like the roles of the fans reps. I see lots of areas where it has improved the connection between fans and the club and vice versa. Frank and Tracey are very accessible to fans on any topics. I've seen this at matches, via this forum and social media. Many fans have active chats about topics that are important to them. Some of the work connecting fans with the club in occasions of ill-health, (for example) have been inspirational on occasions. I also have confidence that the general voice of the fans will be better represented around the board table than without them being there. Just because we don't like all of the club/board decisions, doesn't;t mean the fans voice isn't being put into the mix.

I'm not saying that the roles have maximised their impact. For me, there is still a lack of broader communication and updates from the reps, which was promised, and hasn't materialised. A topic that could be easily addressed with some regular updates and/or podcasts.

For me though, we would be worse off without the roles. I hope they continue. I'll certainly continue to be supportive of those committing time to bridge the club with the fans.
    I completely agree with this.

Part of the problem is that a lot of people, as they do with a lot of things, shout about the faults and folk being puppets etc without a single she'd of evidence to support the view.

Perception is reality for people, and someone who thinks that the board members we've elected are just puppets won't be convinced otherwise, no matter what they're told to the contrary.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Would there be merit in having a fans committee/group who almost do the legwork and speak to the fans directly and independently? They could liase with the Facebook groups, here and the Bounce, be on Twitter, in Sunnyside, in BTG and be clearly visible at games. They could then relay concerns, opinions, ideas to the fans reps who could take it to the board as appropriate.

I'm always wary of suggesting committees and the like as it all gets a bit blazerish. However a group of 5 or 6 fans who are independent of the club and board but work with them and have an avenue to get a point across has potential imo. The group could assess how often the same issues are arising and filter out stuff that is just a personal gripe for 1 or 2 people.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Would there be merit in having a fans committee/group who almost do the legwork and speak to the fans directly and independently? They could liase with the Facebook groups, here and the Bounce, be on Twitter, in Sunnyside, in BTG and be clearly visible at games. They could then relay concerns, opinions, ideas to the fans reps who could take it to the board as appropriate.

I'm always wary of suggesting committees and the like as it all gets a bit blazerish. However a group of 5 or 6 fans who are independent of the club and board but work with them and have an avenue to get a point across has potential imo. The group could assess how often the same issues are arising and filter out stuff that is just a personal gripe for 1 or 2 people.
    There could be something in that. I would have thought that would have come under the remit of the Supporter Liason Officer, I'm not sure if that role still exists because Colin was promoted a couple of times since doing that - does anyone know?

First Team Regular GORDONSMITH7's Avatar
    The word on the street is that that Big Frank is not happy and feels that he has been stitched up like a kipper.

BIG G

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GORDONSMITH7 View Post
    The word on the street is that that Big Frank is not happy and feels that he has been stitched up like a kipper.

BIG G
    Stitched up about what?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Minute View Post
    But where is Frank

turns out he lied in his .net manifesto unfortunately

but i'd still probably vote for him again...i think :)

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

BIG G
    Surely he didn't expect this particular gravy train to continue for ever?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

BIG G
    His mandate was finished anyway. If he wants to continue then he can stand for election again (unless I'm mistaken). Nothing changes for him from what I can see.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

BIG G
    What's the story there?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    turns out he lied in his .net manifesto unfortunately
    About what, pray enlighten?

About what, pray enlighten?

well, seeing as you've prayed for enlightenment, his .net pre-election promise was thus; he would make the effort to use his lack of technical knowledge to post on .net more often if elected, when he got elected he made his thank you acceptance post, then disappeared forever, tracey instead posted 2 or 3 posts signing them off with 'tracey and frank' or vice versa, then reverted to quite rightly just signing off for herself....are you enlightened enough yet ? although there's really not much more to say on that topic, the promise only lasted one post iirc.

and todays moral point is...don't make election promises you've no intentions of keeping, that's what some politicians do :)
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 16-01-2019 at 01:31 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    well, seeing as you've prayed for enlightenment, his .net pre-election promise was thus; he would make the effort to use his lack of technical knowledge to post on .net more often if elected, when he got elected he made his thank you acceptance post, then disappeared forever, tracey instead posted 2 or 3 posts signing them off with 'tracey and frank' or vice versa, then reverted to quite rightly just signing off for herself....are you enlightened enough yet ? although there's really not much more to say on that topic, the promise only lasted one post iirc
    I am enlightened sufficiently now.

I am enlightened sufficiently now.

If folk are getting pissed off at having to leave the board after four years as a supporter representative, maybe reps need to be restricted to one term.

Is that not pretty much what Working Together was? Although these groups were able to sent their own rep along. More often than not all manner of directors were there to field questions and chat about current Hibs affairs.

I thought it worked rather well.
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member

It exists. It’s called “Let’s Work Together”. Which is another talking shop.