hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Official Site: SUPPORTER REPRESENTATIVE DIRECTOR ELECTION 2019

2. Log in to remove the advert

Very strange set of affairs.

Basically, Tracey has requested to stay on for another 2 years without needing to be re-elected and the board have agreed.

Why bother about the election for the second rep. In fact, why bother at all? The whole thing seems to be more and more ridiculous.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Basically, Tracey has requested to stay on for another 2 years without needing to be re-elected and the board have agreed.

Why bother about the election for the second rep. In fact, why bother at all? The whole thing seems to be more and more ridiculous.
    She's agreed to stay on for 1 year. At that point, she will step down. That will achieve the annual one-in/one-out rotation that the Board are aiming for.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar

It’s just been extended by one year to allow for continuity, and we will now have elections for one position annually. Be interesting to see how much interest there will be in this given that the roles attract huge amounts of criticism and very little praise. Those without a thick skin need not apply!

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I’ve never seen the point in these fans directors but I guess if the board feel that there’s value to it then fair enough.

It would be good if the board actually told us what’s been achieved or what the point of having them is though.

Once again we’ll have a few folk make promises about what they want to do, then once elected we’ll rarely hear a peep out of them!

Coaching Staff
    Is Frank nominating for election again, or is he standing down.

Anyone know?

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar

Ignoring the debate on whether there should be fans reps on the board at all it makes sense to stagger the appointments as it provides continuity rather than both getting voted off and there being no hand-over to the new directors.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Is Frank nominating for election again, or is he standing down.

Anyone know?
    Article suggested standing down but I suppose that doesn't stop him standing again.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Argylehibby View Post
    Ignoring the debate on whether there should be fans reps on the board at all it makes sense to stagger the appointments as it provides continuity rather than both getting voted off and there being no hand-over to the new directors.
    Agree seems sensible.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    She's agreed to stay on for 1 year. At that point, she will step down. That will achieve the annual one-in/one-out rotation that the Board are aiming for.
    That does make sense. The role itself however.... 🤔

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    You should go for it mate.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    You should go for it mate.
    Done in the correct manor, surely this website could provide the rep?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Done in the correct manor, surely this website could provide the rep?
    Sounds good. hibs.net conducts a nomination amongst members and our candidate goes forward as the hibs.net rep/endorsement.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Yeah, that would seem sensible to avoid two folk starting brand new every time.

I still think that the title is mis-leading, it's impossible to represent the support but calling them supporter appointed directors would be more appropriate I think.

Can see Hibs getting flak already on twitter for this, which I don't think is fair. Just shows how much of a no-win role this is.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    I promise to get the pies sorted and chips available on a saturday....vote for me...

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Yeah, that would seem sensible to avoid two folk starting brand new every time.

I still think that the title is mis-leading, it's impossible to represent the support but calling them supporter appointed directors would be more appropriate I think.

Can see Hibs getting flak already on twitter for this, which I don't think is fair. Just shows how much of a no-win role this is.
    Agree with this.

You get 10 fervent supporters, with the best intentions, in a room, and it is likely they will have numerous disagreements!

Given the need for boardroom solidarity, it is impossible for them to consistently argue against ‘the establishment’ board....as they are part of it.

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Agree with this.

You get 10 fervent supporters, with the best intentions, in a room, and it is likely they will have numerous disagreements!

Given the need for boardroom solidarity, it is impossible for them to consistently argue against ‘the establishment’ board....as they are part of it.
    Yep, agree 100%. Feel sorry for Frank, as he lives and breathes Hibs, but not sure he would get re-elected, if he did stand again, as think there'll be agitation for a 'new face'.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Sounds good. hibs.net conducts a nomination amongst members and our candidate goes forward as the hibs.net rep/endorsement.
    Yep. Surely in this day and age its a sensible way forward too?

Coaching Staff
    Except that there are thousands of supporters who are not members of this forum.

@hibs.net private member
    Except that there are thousands of supporters who are not members of this forum.
    They can vote on someone else then? Or join the forum.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I'm not sure I agree with that. I don't think it helps whoever is elected if they've been put forward as a respresentative of a particular segment of the support.

There are plenty of people out there who don't like hibs.net (I know, I've read the mean comments on twitter ) and even if the candidate was elected, they'd have another hurdle to overcome with the association with the site.

We're also an independent site, and I think that putting forward a 'hibs.net nominee' to sit on the board would compromise that independence to a degree, at least in the eyes of some folk who already think that the admins are board plants or that anti-board views are somehow surpressed/deleted etc.

It's a nice thought, but I think it causes more problems than it solves.

There's nothing to stop someone canvassing on here for election though, we do have a large user base and getting support from other .netters would definitely help (though I imagine our usership is a fraction of the voter population, so it might not have that much of an impact).

People expect too much from those appointed to this non paid role.
    The real directors were never and will never let them take the club in a direction they don't want and neither should they.
    All negative issues relate to the over egging of the role title and job description combined with the naivety of the critics.

Both folk appointed have done lots of good things to help individual supporters and those folks would tell you how much they valued their help.
    I applaud both reps who are doing what they do solely out of a love of Hibs and their fellow supporters.
    Shame on those giving Frank & Tracy a hard time.

As the optician says, better with or .... better without.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    People expect too much from those appointed to this non paid role.
    The real directors were never and will never let them take the club in a direction they don't want and neither should they.
    All negative issues relate to the over egging of the role title and job description combined with the naivety of the critics.

Both folk appointed have done lots of good things to help individual supporters and those folks would tell you how much they valued their help.
    I applaud both reps who are doing what they do solely out of a love of Hibs and their fellow supporters.
    Shame on those giving Frank & Tracy a hard time.

As the optician says, better with or .... better without.
    I think that's the perception but I don't know how it stacks up against the reality. The appointed reps are treated the same as existing directors and their votes all hold the same value.

They are considered real directors, as they should be.

Of course, there will always be the cynics that think it's a token gesture, and I don't think whoever is in the role will ever get away from that perception.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Vote for me and I’ll bring Leigh griffiths back.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    I dont see now that could work. We provide a platform for all Hibs supporters here. If there is an election of fans to the board then it would only be right that every candidate got treated the same on here.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Id rather see the roles in their current form binned and as another poster suggested elsewhere, replace them with Union style reps acting more visibly outside the boardroom.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent!
    I could be the Hibs.net candidate

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Id rather see the roles in their current form binned and as another poster suggested elsewhere, replace them with Union style reps acting more visibly outside the boardroom.
    As a supporter of the original concept this is where I am now as well.

Decent experiment but directors board accountabilities make transparency impossible, rightly.

A lot of the good work done could be have been done by the right supporters reps irrespective of seats on the board. The issue would then be what board info aren't the reps getting?

Might not make a lot of difference to the majority of us since collective responsibility and directors accountability means we don't hear or have a meaningful say anyway.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    I could be the Hibs.net candidate
    Our very own Donald Trump?

Tell us about your pledges then. Personally I want to see the Gorgie wall built and an ill defined and unfunded pledge to make Hibs "great again".

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Vote for me and I’ll bring Leigh griffiths back.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875