hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All I will say to you Singapore Hibs is don't complain when there is a lack of funds to make new signings HSL is as much about creating working capital as share ownership and every business needs working capital
    Its the vehicle being used to raise the funds that I haven't bought into yet. I've yet to be convinced that fan ownership is the way forward. However, I'm completely on board with the requirement to raise further working capital. Maybe AberDNA is an example of a simple scheme to do this without confusing it with other motives.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SingaporeHibs View Post
    Its the vehicle being used to raise the funds that I haven't bought into yet. I've yet to be convinced that fan ownership is the way forward. However, I'm completely on board with the requirement to raise further working capital. Maybe AberDNA is an example of a simple scheme to do this without confusing it with other motives.
    Maybe once it reaches a certain threshold, HSL should stop buying shares in the short term at least, and instead become a funding vehicle.

They could always then review what areas of the club that they put our money into perodically.

Personally, i dont want us spending money on an indoor rraining pitch, that money should be spent on the team.

Imagine if we fans were able to donate circa 500k a year to the team, with another additional 500k in revune in a few years once the debt repayments are complete, that would make quite a difference to the team, all recurring cash.

No more infrastructure for the time being, i want to see the dividend on the pitch from the years of rubbish we all had to endure during the Petrie years.

Quote Originally Posted by James Stephen View Post
    Maybe once it reaches a certain threshold, HSL should stop buying shares in the short term at least, and instead become a funding vehicle.

They could always then review what areas of the club that they put our money into perodically.

Personally, i dont want us spending money on an indoor rraining pitch, that money should be spent on the team.

Imagine if we fans were able to donate circa 500k a year to the team, with another additional 500k in revune in a few years once the debt repayments are complete, that would make quite a difference to the team, all recurring cash.

No more infrastructure for the time being, i want to see the dividend on the pitch from the years of rubbish we all had to endure during the Petrie years.
    I think the pitch was part of the bid for being selected in project Brave, so we are required to build it?

Certainly that was the chat on here a few months back, however there was also chat that it isn't full size, so I don't quite see the logic behind that

superfurryhibby wrote...

So, 47 posts further on from this, does anyone actually know the net worth of AberDNA to their club?

When considering money raised by your ordinary fan, does our 3000 extra season ticket sales count when talking about doing your bit for the club?

I also see that the sheep cheapest season tickets are c £35.00 than ours, although not sure how many of these are actually sold, but multiply that by a few thousand and it’s a fair bit.

Finally, it’s worth noting this, maybe our wealthy business fans need to step up to the platter a bit more!
    They have 6300 members.

They gave away 4800 shirts so this suggests they have 4800 members paying £18 a month as its only that bracket thats entitled to the replica jersey. That leaves 1500 members either paying £12 a month for standard adult or £8 a month if a child, lets say an average of a £10 a month for those 1500.

4800 * £18 = £86400
    1500 * 10 = £1500

Combined monthly they're taking in £101400 give or take. Was launched in March I believe so March 31st to Dec 31st is 9 months. 9 * £912600. Aberdeen state all profits goto the footballing operation only and said aberdna is currently worth £700,000. Make of that what you will... (I could well be talking utter ***** which wouldn't be the first time).

Could an independant HSL and official AberDNA type membership go hand in hand for Hibs?

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    They have 6300 members.

They gave away 4800 shirts so this suggests they have 4800 members paying £18 a month as its only that bracket thats entitled to the replica jersey. That leaves 1500 members either paying £12 a month for standard adult or £8 a month if a child, lets say an average of a £10 a month for those 1500.

4800 * £18 = £86400
    1500 * 10 = £1500

Combined monthly they're taking in £101400 give or take. Was launched in March I believe so March 31st to Dec 31st is 9 months. 9 * £912600. Aberdeen state all profits goto the footballing operation only and said aberdna is currently worth £700,000. Make of that what you will... (I could well be talking utter ***** which wouldn't be the first time).

Could an independant HSL and official AberDNA type membership go hand in hand for Hibs?
    Mentioned already is it feasible to run two schemes side by side? HSL with it's aim to provide working capital to the club in exchange for shares and another scheme run by the club itself in a similar vein to AberDNA. I guess they could eat into each others potential target demographic but I feel we're missing the boat here.

Rebrand HSL and bring it closer to the club. Offer a few different membership schemes with one offering shares in HSL, another offering discounts and other incentives, and lastly one offering just a donation. Failing that let HSL run it's course then have the club start it's own Membership scheme. There's a lot that can be done here to bring in additional income to the club.

My tuppence worth. Many fans are not interested in fan ownership and would rather see something similar to AberDNA, IMO, fans would be more willing to give per month if they were to get something back, like a shirt or discount at the shop, not only are you donating but you feel like the club is appreciating you, I also believe the name HSL is putting folk off, not very imaginative and also remember the last time we put our hands in our pockets for Hibs shares during the Duff and Gray era. Fans have long memories. I myself am not interested on getting a fan on the board as it doesnt work we have Tracey and Frank as reps and we all saw what happened during the huns debacle.
    Rebrand HSL.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    My tuppence worth. Many fans are not interested in fan ownership and would rather see something similar to AberDNA, IMO, fans would be more willing to give per month if they were to get something back, like a shirt or discount at the shop, not only are you donating but you feel like the club is appreciating you, I also believe the name HSL is putting folk off, not very imaginative and also remember the last time we put our hands in our pockets for Hibs shares during the Duff and Gray era. Fans have long memories. I myself am not interested on getting a fan on the board as it doesnt work we have Tracey and Frank as reps and we all saw what happened during the huns debacle.
    Rebrand HSL.

Perhaps we could have both schemes? Those who wish to support HSL and those who wish to give month to the club without an interest in ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Perhaps we could have both schemes? Those who wish to support HSL and those who wish to give month to the club without an interest in ownership.
    I have my wee bundle of private shares so I can say I'm a part owner of Hibs I also contribute to HSL but I'm not bothered about the shares side of it, its purely a way to give something to the club and I would quite happily have joined HSL if it had purely been about that with no shares involved.

I think HSL probably has to be HSL ( at least the Ltd bit ) because of what the organisation is, IE set up to buy shares in Hibs. I'm not sure that an AberDNA style body run in conjunction with HSL wouldn't just muddy the waters and confuse things even further. It would probably work better if HSL put it out there that once the share buying side of it wasn't an issue they would re brand themselves to become a Hibs fans 'donation' organisation.

The thing is that so far as HSL and the share issue goes I'm not so sure that it will achieve the widespread fan ownership folk would have hoped for .. by the end of this I doubt that the fabled 51% will be in the hands of more than a few thousand supporters, which going forward doesn't fill me with much hope that the wider fanbase wont just look on HSL as another part of the club to endlessly criticise for the clubs failings, rather than recognising it as representing the wider fanbase on the board.

First Team Breakthrough
    Very well put Nae Nookie

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I have my wee bundle of private shares so I can say I'm a part owner of Hibs I also contribute to HSL but I'm not bothered about the shares side of it, its purely a way to give something to the club and I would quite happily have joined HSL if it had purely been about that with no shares involved.

I think HSL probably has to be HSL ( at least the Ltd bit ) because of what the organisation is, IE set up to buy shares in Hibs. I'm not sure that an AberDNA style body run in conjunction with HSL wouldn't just muddy the waters and confuse things even further. It would probably work better if HSL put it out there that once the share buying side of it wasn't an issue they would re brand themselves to become a Hibs fans 'donation' organisation.

The thing is that so far as HSL and the share issue goes I'm not so sure that it will achieve the widespread fan ownership folk would have hoped for .. by the end of this I doubt that the fabled 51% will be in the hands of more than a few thousand supporters, which going forward doesn't fill me with much hope that the wider fanbase wont just look on HSL as another part of the club to endlessly criticise for the clubs failings, rather than recognising it as representing the wider fanbase on the board.
    I’m exactly where you are. Contribute now..have a few shares ...would contribute whether it involved trying to buy equity in the club or not ...

First Team Breakthrough
    I agree bigwheel unfortunately too many are unwilling to contribute under any circumstances

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    I agree bigwheel unfortunately too many are unwilling to contribute under any circumstances
    But will then complain that we keep losing out to Aberdeen and Hearts for players because they can pay more.

Nobody is forced to contribute, and nobody should if they can't afford it. However those who can but choose not to have no grounds to be critical about the club's budget or ambition.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

First Team Breakthrough
    You are so right Eyrie there must be a good number who can make at least a small contribution but don't

A few Aberdeen fans I know think that AberDNA is a terrible scheme that gives off the impression that the deeper your pockets the more valued you are as a supporter. People can make donations and then jump to the front of their loyalty points scheme for away games, seemingly.

First Team Breakthrough
    Yes HFC 1875 but people could make a small donation to HSL for the cost of couple of pints a month

Quote Originally Posted by SingaporeHibs View Post
    SingaporeHibs

We have tried to stay out of this debate to allow fans to express their views without being pestered by us.

We often hear supporters say that they would donate to HSL but they are not keen on supporter ownership. Our view on this has been the same from day one. We of course respect everyones right to do what they want with their hard earned money but HSL is not about any group trying to aggressively seek control of the Club. Rest assured owning a football club in this League is not an asset, if we are truly honest, it's a burden. It is the Board that decided three years ago to help share that experience with the Fans. In other words, what we are trying to do is share that tough financial burden with all of us who can manage it rather than rely on the generosity/goodwill of one single wealthy principal shareholder. Why should he be left with that burden. Do we really think there are lots of filthy rich people waiting in the wings to throw money at Hibs ?

Can we also clarify that donations to HSL are not about providing normal working capital to the Club. Donations are targeted exclusively to the Football Dept. Not electricity, rates, mortgages etc.

We really do need supporters who are able to do so to join the existing group who are already donating. Hearts and Aberdeen fans are determined to see their Clubs ahead of us and are giving them extra money to help.

It's our call.

HSL
    Last edited by OfficialHSL; 18-01-2019 at 01:55 PM.