hibs.net Messageboard

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Could giving Celtic more tickets land Allan and Morgan?

Saw an interesting tweet from Celtic blog, I've not read the content but the headline was "Time to box clever, give Hibs 4 players for an increased ticket allocation" (or words to that effect).

Clearly it's fan-written from Celtic's point of view, bit of that was a trade off to get players in now that we otherwise might not be able to get, would you accept it?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Isn’t there not a ruling on the amount of loan players from the same club? Just do the decent thing and release Allan and malumbu and loan us Morgan 😉💚

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Not the most offensive thing I’ve ever read

It certainly could work

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Saw an interesting tweet from Celtic blog, I've not read the content but the headline was "Time to box clever, give Hibs 4 players for an increased ticket allocation" (or words to that effect).

Clearly it's fan-written from Celtic's point of view, bit of that was a trade off to get players in now that we otherwise might not be able to get, would you accept it?
    4 players? They only have one game left at Easter road pottentialy.

Sure the rules are we could only have 1 loan player from Celtic so are they releasing another 3 and somehow we can afford their wages?

Don't think they have thought this out

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    If we got Allan and Mulumbu permanent and Morgan on loan, I'd go for it. Just beat them in front of more raging soap dodgers.

Certainly thinking outside the box.

I'd give them the full Dunbar end in exchange for Allan.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Isn’t there not a ruling on the amount of loan players from the same club? Just do the decent thing and release Allan and malumbu and loan us Morgan 😉💚
    Well they could sell us Allan, loan us Morgan. Don't know what the rule is for maximum loans from one team.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Well they could sell us Allan, loan us Morgan. Don't know what the rule is for maximum loans from one team.
    That would be fine. Saw that article earlier, and to be fair can’t disagree with it Matty

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    After signing Gauld, if we added Allan and Morgan we would need to cut their allocation further to satisfy our demand..

Seeing as we had more empty seats in the home three Stands than Hibbies in the South, I'd say we could work with it.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 11-01-2019 at 08:19 PM.

Coaching Staff
    I honestly think the 'Celtic in a huff' storyline is a media spun myth. From what I heard after the recent derby we were incredibly close in landing Scott Allan in summer and it just came down to lack of time at the end of the day. I also think Rodgers and Celtic are keen on Ryan Porteous so I fully expect them to be easy to deal with regardless. Time will tell.

I'm still very hopeful Scott Allan will be a Hibs player too - on a permanent deal.

As for limiting the away fan numbers (Old Firm) - it's a great idea and long may it continue. Any advantage we can gain in these games to get a win / 3 points / cup win we should take. I'd do the same with Hearts to be honest.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I honestly think the 'Celtic in a huff' storyline is a media spun myth. From what I heard after the recent derby we were incredibly close in landing Scott Allan in summer and it just came down to lack of time at the end of the day. I also think Rodgers and Celtic are keen on Ryan Porteous so I fully expect them to be easy to deal with regardless. Time will tell.

I'm still very hopeful Scott Allan will be a Hibs player too - on a permanent deal.

As for limiting the away fan numbers (Old Firm) - it's a great idea and long may it continue. Any advantage we can gain in these games to get a win / 3 points / cup win we should take. I'd do the same with Hearts to be honest.
    Totally agree celtic may be in the huff but they can GTF. They'll come out if that quick enough the next time they want one of our players. Hopefully they have started to get the message that we won't roll over and just accept any old **** from them anymore, whether that is derisory bids for players or demanding almost 20% of the stadium when the come to ER. They didn't play ball in the summer over Scott but it's cost them £250,000ish depending on who you believe about his wages. They didn't get Super John but that was entirely down to them. They didn't get a full Dunbar end, tough Hibs have shown we don't necessarily need them to fill that stand at the moment. That may change but hopefully only if it suits Hibs in the future and bit celtic. What would it take from the gun for us to give them a full end again?

Nah plenty other players we can choose from if they're going to play that game and blackmail us. I'm quite happy with seeing them and Rangers with a reduced allocation. If anything it's still too high.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Totally agree celtic may be in the huff but they can GTF. They'll come out if that quick enough the next time they want one of our players. Hopefully they have started to get the message that we won't roll over and just accept any old **** from them anymore, whether that is derisory bids for players or demanding almost 20% of the stadium when the come to ER. They didn't play ball in the summer over Scott but it's cost them £250,000ish depending on who you believe about his wages. They didn't get Super John but that was entirely down to them. They didn't get a full Dunbar end, tough Hibs have shown we don't necessarily need them to fill that stand at the moment. That may change but hopefully only if it suits Hibs in the future and bit celtic. What would it take from the gun for us to give them a full end again?
    Thing is, I don't think Celtic are 'in the huff' with Hibs. I think it's a panto script that the media and others fell into. And I don't think they will be difficult to deal with regards Scott Allan or any other player we note an interest in.

There's no doubt that SA would have been part of a SJM deal, but for Hibs cash was king and that was what was required due to the Saints aspect. I spoke with someone after the recent derby and apparently we were very close to getting SA even after the SJM to Villa deal. Lawwell has a great relationship with Neil Lennon and just because Hibs stood firm doesn't change the working relationship between the clubs. I think the fact we have NL here swings it in our favour anyway

So they give us players and then their fans give us extra money??

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Seeing as we had more empty seats in the home three Stands than Hibbies in the South, I'd say we could work with it.
    Those seats were sold, and all 3 of the home stands were sold out. We can’t sell something that’s not available hence the reason why we sold tickets in the south stand, but I am sure you know this already 👍

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Cue countless hertz ****s of our acquaintance banging on about wee Tim’s etc as they read regurgitated bull on here.

Coaching Staff
    Sellick can go and get .........

The guy that does that Celtic blog is an idiot. The same guy that wrote Lennon was raging at Petrie about not selling McGinn to them. Best ignored.

They would maybe think about loaning players if they though we were a strong enough team to beat "the rangers" just say they sold us SA and loaned us LM along with us signing gauld we would have a chance of doing that, in saying that hearts may be thinking the same getting players on loan from their brothers lafferty and Wallace?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    Those seats were sold, and all 3 of the home stands were sold out. We can’t sell something that’s not available hence the reason why we sold tickets in the south stand, but I am sure you know this already ��

I realise that, but what I meant was that the demand just wasn't there.

If Hibs could convince people that weren't planning on attending to actually release their seats for re-sale, there'd be more than enough to meet demand.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I realise that, but what I meant was that the demand just wasn't there.

If Hibs could convince people that weren't planning on attending to actually release their seats for re-sale, there'd be more than enough to meet demand.
    Now there’s a financial incentive you would think people would be more motivated to release their seats. The South Stand lower is a problem though and I’m not sure what the solution is.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Cue countless hertz ****s of our acquaintance banging on about wee Tim’s etc as they read regurgitated bull on here.
    To be fair, it was just a question to get a conversation started.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    The guy that does that Celtic blog is an idiot. The same guy that wrote Lennon was raging at Petrie about not selling McGinn to them. Best ignored.
    I haven't read the blog, I just noticed the headline on Twitter and thought it was an interesting point.

Who gives a flying one about what they say about us anyway? I don't recall sitting in the pub after a certain match on 21.5.16 thinking, "I wish those on-loan Celtic players hadn't done so well today - the Jambos will give us such a slagging!"

First Team Breakthrough
    Would we allow Dunfermline to sign our fringe players for a higher ticket allocation ?

Dont see the benefit for Celtic at all.

Celtc would be mad to agree to this.

Every club would cut their allocation with a view to wangling deals on players out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    Now there’s a financial incentive you would think people would be more motivated to release their seats. The South Stand lower is a problem though and I’m not sure what the solution is.

Yep, one of life's great conundrums is the FF Lower (I knew what you meant).

@hibs.net private member
    Like most topics on fans sites