hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Andy Murray

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

It's called a hip resurfacing, I had my left hip done this way in 2009, many sportsmen have it done as long as the head of the femur isn't too badly damaged. The head of the femur is routed into a cylindrical shape and a cobalt alloy cap pinned into the bone, the hip socket is then cleaned up and again cobalt alloy cup placed in the socket. It gives greater movement when it heals and it's known generally as a sports hip, whether you can get back to Murray's levels I don't know but Pat Nevin has had both his hips done this way and he still does hill running down in the Borders where he lives.

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/treatm...p-resurfacing/

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    It's called a hip resurfacing, I had my left hip done this way in 2009, many sportsmen have it done as long as the head of the femur isn't too badly damaged. The head of the femur is routed into a cylindrical shape and a cobalt alloy cap pinned into the bone, the hip socket is then cleaned up and again cobalt alloy cup placed in the socket. It gives greater movement when it heals and it's known generally as a sports hip, whether you can get back to Murray's levels I don't know but Pat Nevin has had both his hips done this way and he still does hill running down in the Borders where he lives.

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/treatm...p-resurfacing/
    If anyone can make this work then it's Andy Murray. His determination and drive to overcome adversity is pretty much second to none.

If he does need to retire, it won't be through a lack of trying and you can be sure it will be his last possible option.