hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Golf 2019

Golf 2019

PGA Sony Open in Hawaii starts tomorrow. Big field and lots of potential winners. A smallish number of top players, large number of tour journeymen and some no hopers mixed into this one. Good luck to anyone else having a bet and for throughout the rest of 2019.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornadoes70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PGA Sony Open in Hawaii starts tomorrow. Big field and lots of potential winners. A smallish number of top players, large number of tour journeymen and some no hopers mixed into this one. Good luck to anyone else having a bet and for throughout the rest of 2019.
    Its a pity so many of the early season tournaments are played in the middle of the night as far as we are concerned. I always look forward to the Florida swing as it features some great golf courses and therefore attracts the top players.

Its interesting that due to the revised PGA Schedule for 2019, the Open Championship in July will be the last Major of the season.

https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/schedule.html

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its a pity so many of the early season tournaments are played in the middle of the night as far as we are concerned. I always look forward to the Florida swing as it features some great golf courses and therefore attracts the top players.

Its interesting that due to the revised PGA Schedule for 2019, the Open Championship in July will be the last Major of the season.

https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/schedule.html
    It is pity. Some brilliant varied courses there. However, when I've had bets on golfers with a good chance of winning going into the weekend's final two days play I've stayed up until the very early hours to continue watching .

The PGA being switched to its new earlier slot does leave a long time in between majors after the Open in July but makes for great viewing from April through to July.

Going to be another very interesting year in the fantastic world of golf methinks.

Big Phil cards an almost unbelievable -12 under first round of '60' at the Desert Classic in California. The old saying is that you can't win a tournament in the first round but you can lose it might just be overturned here. If Phil even shoots modest scores in the next ones he's still in with a great shout. Very interesting to see how it pans out over the next few days. Not on big Phil bet wise but got to hand it to the almost now veteran golfing legend for his efforts today, terrific golf.