hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derekduval View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is payment plan not just over 10 months therefore add another. 2 months on to cover interest and people won’t need to ‘pay any extra every month’
    I was meaning some people can’t afford to pay any interest whatsoever as they are already struggling and budgeted for the year.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Niagara Lad View Post
    A reduction in the concession age from 65 to 60. Motherwell have it.
    That's more like it ! 😉
    Come on the auld folk's.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oconnors_strip View Post
    I was meaning some people can’t afford to pay any interest whatsoever as they are already struggling and budgeted for the year.
    They might want to explore the option of introductory interest-free periods on credit cards then - lots of these cards have up to 12 months or more at 0%.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SON OF PADDY View Post
    That's more like it ! 😉
    Come on the auld folk's.
    Think it is more likely to go up in line with the state pension age rather than come down. Bit of a bugger as I amn't too far away from 60 myself.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    I would tweek that suggestion to include the Aberdeen game as well as all Cat B games on a £25 kids season ticket.
    Empty seats in FF lower are not an issue other than for matches against Celtic, Rangers and Hearts
    Would agree with that (to be honest I forgot Aberdeen was cat A)

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    Hi Tracy

Is there a reason why PATG concession tickets are the same across the board? Find it strange we charge kids the same as young adults (16-18), students and pensioners all who can earn a living?

Has it ever been looked at to introduce an U16 ticket for a few quid cheaper than the other concessions above?
    I’m fairly sure we have an 11 and under category which is the cheapest.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    I'd go somewhere in the middle and say the cheap kids ST excludes all Cat A games. Full Cat A kids ST should be more aligned to the other stands (say £50/£60 quid higher).
    that sounds good to me and ive been in the FF taking advantage of the £25 seats but my kids go every game with me

id harbour a guess that folk bought kids tickets thinking theyd be able to use them as an adult and hey presto they cant so empty seats

i would say however that there are empty seats throughout the east every game including hearts i can only presume some of these are season tickets so its not just a ff lower problem

I think that unless there's a dramatic upturn in our fortunes in the last few months of this season, it'll be a hard sell to shift season tickets if there's a price increase for next season.

This season really hasn't been a success at all so far and it will be interesting to see how the club deals with the first real sense of negativity that it's had since May 2016. Since the cup win there's been a lot of positivity and goodwill shown towards those running the club but if we do finish in the bottom six this year and don't come anywhere near to winning the cup again then it's going to be difficult to justify a rise in prices but we also need to be competitive and to be competitive we need revenue from somewhere.

It will be interesting to see how this one plays out over the coming weeks and months.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    I’m fairly sure we have an 11 and under category which is the cheapest.
    Only by £2.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    Only by £2.
    Which is exactly what the quoted poster is asking for.

Which is exactly what the quoted poster is asking for.
    Cat B games along with Aberdeen should be no more than £6 for kids.

Cat B games along with Aberdeen should be no more than £6 for kids.
    Our attendances tend to disagree with that point.

Hibs must have the highest prices in Scotland for run of the mill games.

Celtic £10 for under 13's
    Rangers £7 Juniors
    Hearts £5 Cat B £11 Cat A
    Aberdeen £6
    St Mirren £3 or £6 depending on where you sit
    Killie £5 for under 16's
    Motherwell £3 or £2 with an adult (under 15)
    St Johnstone charge £16 for one adult and two children
    Livingstone £10 under 16's

Compare that with £12 for cat B purchased before the game or £14 on the day/cat A game for an under 11.
    Last edited by Steven79; 10-01-2019 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by James Stephen View Post
    A slight, inflationary rise generally.

Hopefully something to address the apparent problem with kids STs in the FF?
    The club have now stopped fans upgrading £25 kids season tickets to adult tickets......hopefully all the folk who used this tactic of cheap ticket for upgrading for cat A matches will now give up their seat for young fans wanting to go every week.....£25 season ticket for genuine kids is great but must be policed so it is not abused

Quote Originally Posted by Niagara Lad View Post
    A reduction in the concession age from 65 to 60. Motherwell have it.
    LOL. Yes please (says he who has just turned 60). I get a free bus pass, so why not a reduced price ST compared to what I pay now. You’ve got my vote.

Celtic £10 for under 13's
    Rangers £7 Juniors
    Hearts £5 Cat B £11 Cat A
    Aberdeen £6
    St Mirren £3 or £6 depending on where you sit
    Killie £5 for under 16's
    Motherwell £3 or £2 with an adult (under 15)
    St Johnstone charge £16 for one adult and two children
    Livingstone £10 under 16's

Compare that with £12 for cat B purchased before the game or £14 on the day/cat A game for an under 11.
    The fact is as long as we have 14,000 home season ticket holders meaning only 2,500 ‘home end’ tickets available (less hospitality, so more 1-1.5k) the club won’t basically ‘give away’ youth tickets. How many of these clubs sell season tickets for £25? Just over £1 per game. Majority of the clubs you quoted (other than rangers and hearts) have thousands upon thousands of empty seats week in week out so need to do something to fill them.

The fact is as long as we have 14,000 home season ticket holders meaning only 2,500 ‘home end’ tickets available (less hospitality, so more 1-1.5k) the club won’t basically ‘give away’ youth tickets. How many of these clubs sell season tickets for £25? Just over £1 per game. Majority of the clubs you quoted (other than rangers and hearts) have thousands upon thousands of empty seats week in week out so need to do something to fill them.
    How many of those child tickets in the home end are £25? Around 1/4 at best as the rest of the stands cost £75 which is more than what Hearts change for a season ticket (£55 or £30)

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Ban people from upgrading kids STs on a per game basis. If it's a kids ST it should be a kids ST, not someone's personal insurance for attending derbies.
    I don't think that's even the real issue. The £25 guarantees you an adult cup final ticket if we get there. That's why some people buy them.

How many of those child tickets in the home end are £25? Around 1/4 at best as the rest of the stands cost £75 which is more than what Hearts change for a season ticket (£55 or £30)
    I’m glad your not the financial advisor to the club in times like these is all I’ll say. We have very limited tickets available and you’d like to just give them away. It doesn’t matter how many £25 tickets are sold, it’s how many could potentially be sold in that area. You can get incredibly good (ludicrous in my opinion) deals for youngsters in our family stand, we don’t need to go one further and start handing out tickets for a restricted number of tickets as well. If we end up back to lower crowds again then we can revisit, but while we’re flying high with attendances we should be carrying on as we are. Catering for all ages.

Also hearts don’t have £30 tickets. Minimum is £55, and rises to £80/£110 in their main area.

So we give our youngsters the chance to watch us for £1+ per game in the family stand, or £4 per game in any other stand, and your busy moaning about walk up prices..
    Last edited by hibbysam; 11-01-2019 at 09:31 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Is the Aberdeen not a cat B game,we are charging cat B prices on Feb 2 nd

Quote Originally Posted by scuttle View Post
    Hopefully move singing section back to the East .Atmosphere has been flat this season, even in a festive derby IMHO the atmosphere was poor.Has been two different areas at times this season singing
    Jeez I remember when most of the stadium sang.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Jeez I remember when most of the stadium sang.
    Most of it............... and the North Stand stamped their feet.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Out of town Hibbies should have country membership type season tickets.

A block of 6 tickets at a slightly reduced price, which need to be activated by a specific number of days before the match, allowing the club to sell the seat if it's not going to be used.

The number of cat A matches could be restricted to 2 or the ST could be Cat B only.

Advantage to the club; Guaranteed, up front income

Advantage to fan; Preferred seat, slight saving on walk-up price and guarantee of attending sold out matches (if It's a cat A ST).
    I'd certainly appreciate an initiative of this nature or indeed a block of X amount of tickets available to anyone not just out of towners.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    I'd certainly appreciate an initiative of this nature or indeed a block of X amount of tickets available to anyone not just out of towners.
    Great idea when there are 8000 STs. However perhaps, the stadium is just fool just now to have a good number of one third of a season ticket holders? Would be difficult to know what was and wasn't sold all the time.

Midlothian Council have just increased their Aged Golden Years (65+) monthly sub for access to Leisure Facilities by 50% (£21.20 to £31.30) while leaving all other age groups untouched.

Looks like the OAPs are looked at as low hanging fruit to be picked.

Hope Hibs aren't paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Midlothian Council have just increased their Aged Golden Years (65+) monthly sub for access to Leisure Facilities by 50% (£21.20 to £31.30) while leaving all other age groups untouched.

Looks like the OAPs are looked at as low hanging fruit to be picked.

Hope Hibs aren't paying attention.
    I heard earlier today that statistically people aged 61 have the most money on average in savings and current accounts. I would reckon that the majority of 65 year olds will have far more desposible income than folk in their early to mid 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I heard earlier today that statistically people aged 61 have the most money on average in savings and current accounts. I would reckon that the majority of 65 year olds will have far more desposible income than folk in their early to mid 20s.
    This is correct...on average, millennials are the first generation ever to be poorer than their parents (on average). I believe it's part of the reason many golf clubs have started offering discounts to people under 30/35. Imagine hibs.net if Hibs suggested such a thing though

Consensus appears to be to increase the price of the £25 child ticket which would seriously financially hurt people who take more than one child. How about increasing the price of a child ticket but additional child tickets incur a discount and the more you buy the bigger the discount meaning people taking say 3 children aren't hit by a massive price hike?

Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    Consensus appears to be to increase the price of the £25 child ticket which would seriously financially hurt people who take more than one child. How about increasing the price of a child ticket but additional child tickets incur a discount and the more you buy the bigger the discount meaning people taking say 3 children aren't hit by a massive price hike?

How about keeping it at twenty five quid, and every game the child doesn't attend will cost you a fiver.

Anyone not paying the surcharge has their ticket cancelled.

Simples.