hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Both Frank and myself were involved in the ticketing group which focussed heavily on the FF lower. There were some good discussions regarding suggested ticket pricing for the kids ST in that area but they were only suggestions and ticket pricing is presented to the board for approval before its released. Everyone involved in the group agreed the £25 was too cheap and we discussed that this should be increased. It was only discussions as I say so nothing is set in stone and it’s for the club to take on board and make decisions from that. I sit in the FF Lower with my girls. I pay £25 for one of my girls as she’s only 7 but I agree it’s cheap and have no problem with it being increased as it will hopefully sort a wider problem. It is a shame though that some abuse it and may cause issues for families who don’t abuse it. Looking at figures child attendance is pretty much the same throughout the stadium especially on week night games so it’s not just the FF lower. It’s just more visible in that area.

With regards to Elgin I did ask for it to be brought up at the last board meeting but have not had that feedback and will raise again. Unfortunately I was unable to attend that meeting. From what I’m led to believe with cup games is that both teams have to agree the pricing as gates are split. I will come back to you on that tomorrow on the thread.

Thanks for the update, Tracey.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    They should increase the price of the adult season ticket in the FF lower to the same price as the rest of the stadium.

Think the 0 per cent interest option should go as it must cost the club a fortune to pay the interest on about 10,000 season tickets.

Ahhhh I see you want a empty stadium with no kids, I see that now.

Both Frank and myself were involved in the ticketing group which focussed heavily on the FF lower. There were some good discussions regarding suggested ticket pricing for the kids ST in that area but they were only suggestions and ticket pricing is presented to the board for approval before its released. Everyone involved in the group agreed the £25 was too cheap and we discussed that this should be increased. It was only discussions as I say so nothing is set in stone and it’s for the club to take on board and make decisions from that. I sit in the FF Lower with my girls. I pay £25 for one of my girls as she’s only 7 but I agree it’s cheap and have no problem with it being increased as it will hopefully sort a wider problem. It is a shame though that some abuse it and may cause issues for families who don’t abuse it. Looking at figures child attendance is pretty much the same throughout the stadium especially on week night games so it’s not just the FF lower. It’s just more visible in that area.

With regards to Elgin I did ask for it to be brought up at the last board meeting but have not had that feedback and will raise again. Unfortunately I was unable to attend that meeting. From what I’m led to believe with cup games is that both teams have to agree the pricing as gates are split. I will come back to you on that tomorrow on the thread.
    I'm disappointed to hear that everyone on the ticketing group of a club that promotes itself as family friendly argued to make things more difficult for families to attend games.
    At the moment I buy 4 ST's every season, 1 adult and 3 kids. Increasing the price of the kids ST could potentially make it unaffordable for me to bring my 3 kids along every week.
    Instead of punishing those who use the system properly would it not be more constructive to work towards preventing people abusing it.

First Team Breakthrough
    A kids seat at £25 would make more than double sitting empty for the whole season and being used twice for the derby. Let’s be honest the price is ridiculously cheap and needs trebled.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    I'm disappointed to hear that everyone on the ticketing group of a club that promotes itself as family friendly argued to make things more difficult for families to attend games.
    At the moment I buy 4 ST's every season, 1 adult and 3 kids. Increasing the price of the kids ST could potentially make it unaffordable for me to bring my 3 kids along every week.
    Instead of punishing those who use the system properly would it not be more constructive to work towards preventing people abusing it.
    Just like to reiterate this point, I currently have 1 adult and 2 child season tickets with a 3rd child due to be added at the start of next season (already been alerted that the family to the left of us are dropping a seat so all being well it will be a flawless transition). Like the previous contributor I'm saddened to learn that it seems like there is agreement that the current pricing structure is 'too cheap'. I would argue that it is sector leading and allows hard working families to attend the games. I truly hope we as a family are not priced out of attending. Sad time, there is a huge difference between encouraging genuine families to attend and tackling the apparent issue of non-attendance.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    And where did I say that? As things stand people in the family section who do not have a family benefit from a cheaper price, while keeping potential new families from coming to games.

The likes of Keekaboo cannot encourage the next generation of supporters to come along because these folk are not willing to give up their discount.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Just like to reiterate this point, I currently have 1 adult and 2 child season tickets with a 3rd child due to be added at the start of next season (already been alerted that the family to the left of us are dropping a seat so all being well it will be a flawless transition). Like the previous contributor I'm saddened to learn that it seems like there is agreement that the current pricing structure is 'too cheap'. I would argue that it is sector leading and allows hard working families to attend the games. I truly hope we as a family are not priced out of attending. Sad time, there is a huge difference between encouraging genuine families to attend and tackling the apparent issue of non-attendance.
    What do you think would be a fair price?

They should increase the price of the adult season ticket in the FF lower to the same price as the rest of the stadium.

Think the 0 per cent interest option should go as it must cost the club a fortune to pay the interest on about 10,000 season tickets.
    If the 0% interest was to be stopped this would lower the number of ST bought as many people can’t afford to pay any extra every month.

@hibs.net private member
    What do you think would be a fair price?
    I think £25 is a very fair price. You've got to consider that many of the kids attending the games are kitted it in gear from the club shop, at Christmas alone we spent over £300 in the shop having already spent a fair sum buying three full kids kits and two adult tops in the summer. When kids seasons tickets are considered it's not only the price of the tickets that's relevant.

The issue is folk harvesting the £25 ticket for a few games at home and tickets for the big away matches. The £25 season ticket encourages genuine participation from families, many like most of us do not have limitless disposable income.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by oconnors_strip View Post
    If the 0% interest was to be stopped this would lower the number of ST bought as many people can’t afford to pay any extra every month.
    Is payment plan not just over 10 months therefore add another. 2 months on to cover interest and people won’t need to ‘pay any extra every month’

@hibs.net private member
    I think £25 is a very fair price. You've got to consider that many of the kids attending the games are kitted it in gear from the club shop, at Christmas alone we spent over £300 in the shop having already spent a fair sum buying three full kids kits and two adult tops in the summer. When kids seasons tickets are considered it's not only the price of the tickets that's relevant.

The issue is folk harvesting the £25 ticket for a few games at home and tickets for the big away matches. The £25 season ticket encourages genuine participation from families, many like most of us do not have limitless disposable income.
    How would you feel if it went up to£3 per match?

£9 for three kids seems very reasonable.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    All cases were put forward re the ticketing pricing and that’s not to say it will happen. As I said in my post it’s a shame that some have abused it for the families that don’t. The club are all for the family section and have been working hard also at discussing moves for those who are no longer part of a family group. I go with my kids so I totally get it and it’s a tough one for the club. There is pressure on them to provide more seats in that area because as everyone can see its not being fully used on a match day yet there are only 51 single seats available in that stand. Anything discussed on here will be noted in order to feed that back when the board discuss pricing. Happy to discuss with you also. Everyone’s situation is different. Im all for children being at matches. My kids especially my youngest loves the football and we go home and away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    All cases were put forward re the ticketing pricing and that’s not to say it will happen. As I said in my post it’s a shame that some have abused it for the families that don’t. The club are all for the family section and have been working hard also at discussing moves for those who are no longer part of a family group. I go with my kids so I totally get it and it’s a tough one for the club. There is pressure on them to provide more seats in that area because as everyone can see its not being fully used on a match day yet there are only 51 single seats available in that stand. Anything discussed on here will be noted in order to feed that back when the board discuss pricing. Happy to discuss with you also. Everyone’s situation is different. Im all for children being at matches. My kids especially my youngest loves the football and we go home and away.

Will you pass on my suggestion above about out of town season tickets, please?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

My son currently has a £25 ticket in there. He got it 5 years ago as a half season ticket mainly because there were no seats near me in the West lower. As a result my mum also got a season ticket to take him so we gained an extra adult ticket too. He misses a couple of games a season due to other commitments

I thought it should have been increased by £10-£15 last season which would have still made it affordable to the couple of posters above.

However let’s not be too short term thinking about it. This is my son’s last year at the cheap price, it goes up to the higher price next season. But he’s now addicted and will continue to go.

Remember too a £25 season ticket cannot be purchased in isolation. So by increasing too much we will lose adult season ticket holders too

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Will you pass on my suggestion above about out of town season tickets, please?
    Certainly will. Thank you

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    I agree the £25 tickets are far too cheap, my 2 kids have had ST’s for around 8 years and sit in the FF upper so don’t think it’s fair that I should pay more than others in the same stand for my kids.

Kids season tickets should be the same in any part of the ground, around £75 would still be great value and high enough to put people off buying them for other reasons.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar

Re the 1st paragraph, some folks have been in that section for years so should be allowed to remain... To facilitate that, if the brats have flown the nest and moved elsewhere then the 'adult' should be able to buy a ST but, say £30 more then elsewhere (they can pay it or move). If there's a child's ticket bought then the combined price should still be dearer than a single ticket elsewhere in the ground (implies an increase on kids ticket pricing).

No one 'new' should ever be able to buy a single adult ticket in the section.

And finally :-) .... The system should NEVER allow any tickets to be bought in that section that leaves a single seat sitting in isolation.

Sorted!

Maybe.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar

What do you think of my suggestion that the £25 tickets are cat B only?

Certainly will. Thank you

Thanks 👍
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    My son currently has a £25 ticket in there. He got it 5 years ago as a half season ticket mainly because there were no seats near me in the West lower. As a result my mum also got a season ticket to take him so we gained an extra adult ticket too. He misses a couple of games a season due to other commitments

I thought it should have been increased by £10-£15 last season which would have still made it affordable to the couple of posters above.

However let’s not be too short term thinking about it. This is my son’s last year at the cheap price, it goes up to the higher price next season. But he’s now addicted and will continue to go.

Remember too a £25 season ticket cannot be purchased in isolation. So by increasing too much we will lose adult season ticket holders too
    You're spot on. My son has a £25 season ticket but misses any game that's not at 3PM on a Saturday due to other commitments, while I make it to most matches. If there's a considerable change to the pricing structure in the FF lower, I would probably find it hard to justify renewing.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Ban people from upgrading kids STs on a per game basis. If it's a kids ST it should be a kids ST, not someone's personal insurance for attending derbies.
    As has been said on here on numerous occasions, you cannot upgrade a kids season ticket in the FF lower.

@hibs.net private member
    Out of town Hibbies should have country membership type season tickets.

A block of 6 tickets at a slightly reduced price, which need to be activated by a specific number of days before the match, allowing the club to sell the seat if it's not going to be used.

The number of cat A matches could be restricted to 2 or the ST could be Cat B only.

Advantage to the club; Guaranteed, up front income

Advantage to fan; Preferred seat, slight saving on walk-up price and guarantee of attending sold out matches (if It's a cat A ST).
    Where would you draw the boundary. If you have a membership to golf/tennis club it is usually a 30 mile radius outside the club.

Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    Where would you draw the boundary. If you have a membership to golf/tennis club it is usually a 30 mile radius outside the club.
    Good question and good point.

I guess the club would need to consider that, but maybe 2 hours or more by public transport? 3 hours?

100 miles? 150 miles?

I know there are people who travel long distances regularly to see Hibs, but not everyone can.

It's probably more about a sense of belonging, being part of something, that appeals to me.

I was at loads of games last season and the start of this one, including the home Europa games and away in Greece, but I can't do it every week. I'd still love to have a membership card.

I'm a shareholder, I donate to HSL and kicks for kids, but a season ticket would complete the set.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    What do you think of my suggestion that the £25 tickets are cat B only?
    I would tweek that suggestion to include the Aberdeen game as well as all Cat B games on a £25 kids season ticket.
    Empty seats in FF lower are not an issue other than for matches against Celtic, Rangers and Hearts
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 09-01-2019 at 11:44 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Good question and good point.

I guess the club would need to consider that, but maybe 2 hours or more by public transport? 3 hours?

100 miles? 150 miles?

I know there are people who travel long distances regularly to see Hibs, but not everyone can.

It's probably more about a sense of belonging, being part of something, that appeals to me.

I was at loads of games last season and the start of this one, including the home Europa games and away in Greece, but I can't do it every week. I'd still love to have a membership card.

I'm a shareholder, I donate to HSL and kicks for kids, but a season ticket would complete the set.
    I think all fans should be rewarded for their loyalty. But yes your idea shouldn't be that difficult to implement & those who travel a considerable distance to follow our wonderful team should get a wee something back. The cost of travelling is expensive these days.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post

An entirely visionary forward thinking outlook.

The prices are low enough to attract the future generations of adult full st paying supporters.

Shows initiative and a duty of care towards the long term future of the club from the board in undertaking such a forward thinking drive.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Thanks for letting us all know the situation Tracey. I think £25 for a season ticket is unreasonable, in fact I think it's daylight robbery at about £1 a game. I think kids prices should be the same throughout the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    I would tweek that suggestion to include the Aberdeen game as well as all Cat B games on a £25 kids season ticket.
    Empty seats in FF lower are not an issue other than for matches against Celtic, Rangers and Hearts
    This season, they haven't been an issue for rangers or Celtic games either...

I think tickets should be cheaper in the family section for families, however the £25 is just a bit too cheap. I thought they might go up to £50 last year, as I still think they need to be cheap for the reasons noted above.
    One other issue with the family section is the older people, who used to take their kids, but don't now. Two issues with this, it limits the number of family tickets available and it takes away from the "family" nature of the stand. I understand this will be unpopular with the current incumbents, but if we do have (as many suspect) a drop off in STs this year, perhaps this summer would be a good time for Hibs to help these individuals move to a more appropriate seat. This would need to be done with a change to the rules for future generations of parents with kids who no longer go to the games, so everyone knows where they stand

tracyhibs wrote... All cases were put forward re the ticketing pricing and that’s not to say it will happen. As I said in my post it’s a shame that some have abused it for the families that don’t. The club are all for the family section and have been working hard also at discussing moves for those who are no longer part of a family group. I go with my kids so I totally get it and it’s a tough one for the club. There is pressure on them to provide more seats in that area because as everyone can see its not being fully used on a match day yet there are only 51 single seats available in that stand. Anything discussed on here will be noted in order to feed that back when the board discuss pricing. Happy to discuss with you also. Everyone’s situation is different. Im all for children being at matches. My kids especially my youngest loves the football and we go home and away.
    Hi Tracy

Is there a reason why PATG concession tickets are the same across the board? Find it strange we charge kids the same as young adults (16-18), students and pensioners all who can earn a living?

Has it ever been looked at to introduce an U16 ticket for a few quid cheaper than the other concessions above?