hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar

Season Ticket Pricing - 2019/2020

For the last couple of seasons details of our season ticket offering have been announced on or around 27/28 February - thus it may be as early as seven weeks from today that we see what we'll be paying for next term. What would you expect to see from the club in terms of its season ticket pricing / structure for 2019/2020?

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular
    A slight, inflationary rise generally.

Hopefully something to address the apparent problem with kids STs in the FF?

Hopefully move singing section back to the East .Atmosphere has been flat this season, even in a festive derby IMHO the atmosphere was poor.Has been two different areas at times this season singing

Make the lower FF section the singing section and solve two issues at once. Do away with the £25 kids season tickets and introduce Hibs Kids Plus scheme along with the existing Hibs kids membership. Maybe £30 for 8 games (pick and choose, excludes Cat A games). All for kids going to the games but nuts that a prime seat for a season can be bought for £5 less than 1 cat A game.

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Make the lower FF section the singing section and solve two issues at once. Do away with the £25 kids season tickets and introduce Hibs Kids Plus scheme along with the existing Hibs kids membership. Maybe £30 for 8 games (pick and choose, excludes Cat A games). All for kids going to the games but nuts that a prime seat for a season can be bought for £5 less than 1 cat A game.
    Why is it considered a prime seat? I've always thought of the lower tier behind a goal the worst place watch football.

Sorry to say this but... an increase in the price of kids tickets for the FF Lower.

As has been discussed endlessly on here already, that area is often half empty (or even worse). Despite that, it's nearly impossible to get a group of tickets in there on either a game-by-game basis or as Season Tickets.

It's obvious to everybody that some people are buying the cheap kids tickets and either very rarely or never using them. Now, I realise that's their choice and if it didn't have any negative impact on other Fans, I'd be happy for them to continue, but unfortunately it is.

I'll give you an example:

I have a Season Ticket with my Dad in the West Lower and am now trying to encourage younger family members along to games. I recently brought two along to the Celtc game and they loved it.

As a long term plan, I'd like to increase the size of our Season Ticket group to include kids but It's nearly impossible to get a group of seats together in most stands; aside from the ends of the West and East, where I really don't enjoy sitting.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 09-01-2019 at 12:45 PM.

Even with the empty seats, there's a much larger demand for a Family Section behind the goals than there is for a Singing Section.

Until somebody can actually prove that there are at least 1,500 people willing to sit in a Singing Section behind the goals, I'd be amazed if it changes any time soon. So far, only about 100 people sit in the Singing Section in the top tier, so the evidence just isn't there yet.

If anybody thinks there would be sufficient numbers, maybe they could raise a petition, or something, with signatories of ST holders that would be willing to move, then the Club could assess if there really is genuine demand.

Even with the empty seats, there's a much larger demand for a Family Section behind the goals than there is for a Singing Section.

Until somebody can actually prove that there are at least 1,500 people willing to sit in a Singing Section behind the goals, I'd be amazed if it changes any time soon. So far, only about 100 people sit in the Singing Section in the top tier, so the evidence just isn't there yet.

If anybody thinks there would be sufficient numbers willing to move, maybe they could raise a petition, or something, with signatories of ST holders that would be willing to move, then the Club could assess if there really is genuine demand.
    Don't agree with that. Celtic never had 3000 stood every game, infact they had about 200 in the back row of a block or two were the green brigade stood, but now having a waiting list for their new section? I'm in the East and our whole group 6-7 people would move if it was properly done.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Sorry to say this but... an increase in the price of kids tickets for the FF Lower.

As has been discussed endlessly on here already, that area is often half empty (or even worse). Despite that, it's nearly impossible to get a group of tickets in there on either a game-by-game basis or as Season Tickets.

It's obvious to everybody that some people are buying the cheap kids tickets and either very rarely or never using them. Now, I realise that's their choice and if it didn't have any negative impact on other Fans, I'd be happy for them to continue, but unfortunately it is.

I'll give you an example:

I have a Season Ticket with my Dad in the West Lower and am now trying to encourage younger family members along to games. I recently brought two along to the Celtc game and they loved it.

As a long term plan, I'd like to increase the size of our Season Ticket group to include kids but It's nearly impossible to get a group of seats together in most stands; aside from the ends of the West and East, where I really don't enjoy sitting.
    Think we need to find a place for both and encourage take up So Season Tickets are going to those who gobto games first and foremost
    If folk know they are only going to a handful oh games a Season but want to give the Club the money upfront maybe they should be accommodated in a designated area at the sides that Way groups that want to be together hopefully have more choice
    Won't.be popular I know but Hibs would know these seats are also going to be for resale at sell out and nearly sell out games if the Ticket Holder releases the seat Just a thought Hibs need to start thinking out the box to get solutions to these issues
    Singing Section is wasted whetevitbis just now but the idea is sound and has caught on Just in wrong location
    If we are serious about not giving Old Firm the Whole away end then that section also might be good for families to relocate to and Have singing section in Famous Five Lower and Standing
    Think there need to more involvement by Fans Reps to get views and have serious discussions with The Board on this one

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Ban people from upgrading kids STs on a per game basis. If it's a kids ST it should be a kids ST, not someone's personal insurance for attending derbies.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Out of town Hibbies should have country membership type season tickets.

A block of 6 tickets at a slightly reduced price, which need to be activated by a specific number of days before the match, allowing the club to sell the seat if it's not going to be used.

The number of cat A matches could be restricted to 2 or the ST could be Cat B only.

Advantage to the club; Guaranteed, up front income

Advantage to fan; Preferred seat, slight saving on walk-up price and guarantee of attending sold out matches (if It's a cat A ST).
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    Think we'll be taking a bit hit this year.

I expect a drop of at least 2,000.

I don't think the price will increase.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    I’ve had a Season Ticket for as long as I can remember but I’d be disappointed with any kind of price increase for next season.

Would be good if they managed to sort out a way of doing the cup top up again, I always bought it but since they got rid of it I don’t generally bother going to them now as it always seems like a lot of money for one game.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Ban people from upgrading kids STs on a per game basis. If it's a kids ST it should be a kids ST, not someone's personal insurance for attending derbies.
    Don't think that would solve anything, you're just as likely for any piss takers to buy a kids ticket and use that for the derby etc.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    I'd go somewhere in the middle and say the cheap kids ST excludes all Cat A games. Full Cat A kids ST should be more aligned to the other stands (say £50/£60 quid higher).

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    The ST is reasonably priced so no big deal if it increases slightly.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post

Let’s wait until the end of the season

Don't agree with that.
    You surprise me

... Celtic never had 3000 stood every game, infact they had about 200 in the back row of a block or two were the green brigade stood, but now having a waiting list for their new section? I'm in the East and our whole group 6-7 people would move if it was properly done.

As I said, if people think there would be enough demand, they'd really need to prove it before the club would even consider moving the people that currently sit there.

Even then, the Club would have to think long and hard before pissing off 1,500+ people by moving them to random spots in the stadium.

If you can overcome both those hurdles, then wire in.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post

I don’t think it’ll be down by as many as 2000 but I think we all knew that the fair weather supporters we picked up on the back of the cup win were always likely to fall by the wayside when performances and the feel good factor that the cup win produced started to slip away.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I don’t think it’ll be down by as many as 2000 but I think we all knew that the fair weather supporters we picked up on the back of the cup win were always likely to fall by the wayside when performances and the feel good factor that the cup win produced started to slip away.
    I really don’t get this pessimistic outlook, the club on the other side of the city continually sell over 12000 season tickets even when they are crap. Why would we lose season ticket holders on the back of a poor half season.We could still finish in the top six, challenge for Europe and win the Scottish cup. Let’s see how we have done in May before slagging of what you perceive as “fair weather” fans

Kids tickets must go up to a minimum of £100 which is still about a fiver a game. This £25 malarkey is not doing us any favours. I would keep all the other prices as they are. I'll be intetested to hear what the fans reps view is on this. I would also like to hear from them on Elgin ticket prices thread.

A reduction in the concession age from 65 to 60. Motherwell have it.

I thought that was the case already

Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    I thought that was the case already
    It is.

@hibs.net private member
    This has already been put in place as I tried to upgrade one of my kids STs to an adult for the derby in thr FF lower and couldn't.

People are assuming if they get rid of the child £25 tickets the adults who accompany these kids will just renew without them, and if they don't that's about £380 lost for an adult and a child, in the end it comes down to jealousy that kids are getting cheaper tickets than them

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Kids tickets must go up to a minimum of £100 which is still about a fiver a game. This £25 malarkey is not doing us any favours. I would keep all the other prices as they are. I'll be intetested to hear what the fans reps view is on this. I would also like to hear from them on Elgin ticket prices thread.
    Both Frank and myself were involved in the ticketing group which focussed heavily on the FF lower. There were some good discussions regarding suggested ticket pricing for the kids ST in that area but they were only suggestions and ticket pricing is presented to the board for approval before its released. Everyone involved in the group agreed the £25 was too cheap and we discussed that this should be increased. It was only discussions as I say so nothing is set in stone and it’s for the club to take on board and make decisions from that. I sit in the FF Lower with my girls. I pay £25 for one of my girls as she’s only 7 but I agree it’s cheap and have no problem with it being increased as it will hopefully sort a wider problem. It is a shame though that some abuse it and may cause issues for families who don’t abuse it. Looking at figures child attendance is pretty much the same throughout the stadium especially on week night games so it’s not just the FF lower. It’s just more visible in that area.

With regards to Elgin I did ask for it to be brought up at the last board meeting but have not had that feedback and will raise again. Unfortunately I was unable to attend that meeting. From what I’m led to believe with cup games is that both teams have to agree the pricing as gates are split. I will come back to you on that tomorrow on the thread.

@hibs.net private member
    People are assuming if they get rid of the child £25 tickets the adults who accompany these kids will just renew without them, and if they don't that's about £380 lost for an adult and a child, in the end it comes down to jealousy that kids are getting cheaper tickets than them
    They should increase the price of the adult season ticket in the FF lower to the same price as the rest of the stadium.

Think the 0 per cent interest option should go as it must cost the club a fortune to pay the interest on about 10,000 season tickets.

This is a very good point. I have 3 kids (8,10 & 11) and I have a ST along with them. At the moment it's excellent value so I push the boat out every season to get us all ST's. As it is I fully intend to continue getting the 4 ST's for years to come.
    If there was a big hike in the total cost I'm unsure if I'd be able to afford it meaning the club would lose years worth of 4 ST holders.
    I appreciate there are people that abuse the current system but for people like myself using it properly it's fantastic.