hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

OTJ interviews James Colllins

Interesting insight to a dreadful team

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/49-james-collins/id1295784638?i=1000427261107&mt=2

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by S.sct View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting insight to a dreadful team

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...427261107&mt=2
    Thanks for that. I’ll give it a listen.

Left by mutual consent!
    Interesting when OTJ says that the fans were negative towards the players so the players didn’t warm to the fans.

Genuinely didn't know he had a podcast. Is it a good listen or is it worth just listening to the James Collins one?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    OTJ talking about Sunshine on Leith after our derby win when Collins scored:

On those post-match scenes, podcast host Tudor Jones summed it up: “That’s what we could have had more often...if we weren’t so useless. ****** sake.”
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Interesting when OTJ says that the fans were negative towards the players so the players didn’t warm to the fans.
    I think that's the wrong way round. The players didn't give s pluck about the fans and the feeling was mutual because of it. To be fair the players were probably just the face of the club taking the brunt of the boardrooms blame.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    OTJ talking about Sunshine on Leith after our derby win when Collins scored:

On those post-match scenes, podcast host Tudor Jones summed it up: “That’s what we could have had more often...if we weren’t so useless. ****** sake.”
    Thanks HR. Prob just me but I normally like to hear what players of yearsteryear thought. Not so with this one so I’d rather read a summary / transcript. An era perhaps best left behind along with “an audience with Rowan Vine”
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Proper wage thief Jones. Says he knew his legs were gone, but wanted one more move. Guy was a useless streak off piss!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Summed up by OTJ bottling a 50/50 tackle which led to Hamilton equaliser in play off game.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    Proper wage thief Jones. Says he knew his legs were gone, but wanted one more move. Guy was a useless streak off piss!
    More fool us for not scouting properly then.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Summed up by OTJ bottling a 50/50 tackle which led to Hamilton equaliser in play off game.
    That's my only memory of him.

Fans were negative to him because he stole a living from us for a year. The various people who allowed the move to happen probably have a case to answer as well mind you.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    More fool us for not scouting properly then.
    This. Can't blame the boy for wanting to join a big club with a good signing on fee and wage. It's all on us that one.

That era was a really **** time to be a hibs fan. then fenlon came along and thelp job was too big for him and he signed ***** players...griffiths and claros were probably the only 2 good players he brought in

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    That era was a really **** time to be a hibs fan. then fenlon came along and thelp job was too big for him and he signed ***** players...griffiths and claros were probably the only 2 good players he brought in
    Matt Doherty was decent
    Last edited by SirDavidsNapper; 09-01-2019 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    I really liked Gary Deegan until some clown broke his jaw. Was half the player he was before after that.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Sounds as though the podcast was coming from the middle of Waverley Station

I always quite liked Tom Soares loads of skill needed a rocket up his arse was surprised he only played 10 games and scored two goals

Imagine bad mouthing us fans?

I suppose there is only so much crap any self respecting fan can put up with

Tudor Jones was at Carlisle half an hour after the Hamilton game FFS!
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 09-01-2019 at 08:06 AM.

Thanks for sharing.

Shocked to hear OTJ and his honest views that his legs were gone when he signed, unbelievable.

Didn’t mind James Collins too much but Rowan Vine! He was a joke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Collins was a trier so would never give him too much of a hard time, just a shocking footballer as was his strike partner Paul Heffernan.

Front three of Collins, Vine and Heffernan, that’s enough to give anyone nightmares.

@hibs.net private member
    That was interesting - not a lot on what they thought of Butcher but they seemed to like Fenlon.

He did say his legs were going but he didn’t realise quite how much. They did seem to accept that it was their fault and had good things to say about the club and the city etc.

I get what they’re saying about the fans though - folk were on their case early and it must’ve been hard for them to feel accepted (cos they never were and weren’t given the chance to).

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    Collins was a trier so would never give him too much of a hard time, just a shocking footballer as was his strike partner Paul Heffernan.

Front three of Collins, Vine and Heffernan, that’s enough to give anyone nightmares.
    With the exception of a defence😃

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post

Did they ever play together? I thought Heffernan came later and Vine was emptied/injured early doors?

OTJ legs gone when he signed? He was 29!! Unless it's injury related that's really poor

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeyhibee View Post
    OTJ legs gone when he signed? He was 29!! Unless it's injury related that's really poor
    Not to sound harsh on OTJ but if you know your legs are gone why are you trying to get wages at a professional level when you can’t contribute. Signing folk like him on probably decent wages were a huge issue at that time for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Not to sound harsh on OTJ but if you know your legs are gone why are you trying to get wages at a professional level when you can’t contribute. Signing folk like him on probably decent wages were a huge issue at that time for me.
    He got a 2 year deal out of Falkirk as well shortly afterwards.

The title of this thread gives me the fear no chance am listening to that

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeyhibee View Post
    He got a 2 year deal out of Falkirk as well shortly afterwards.
    No bad for some.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    If a club are willing to pay you a big wage then of course you’re going to take it. If your legs are gone then that’s their problem.

If some club I had no affinity to in League 2 in England or something phoned me today and asked me to sign I’d do it in a heartbeat. I know I’d be nowhere near good enough but that would be their issue, not mine.

OTJ was outstanding against us at ER the previous season. As was Rowan Vine. So much so I had to find out who they were. I was delighted to sign both.
    Shame it didn’t work out but both were good players although not for us.
    OTJ welsh international and RV went for million pound deals.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hart RIP View Post
    OTJ was outstanding against us at ER the previous season. As was Rowan Vine. So much so I had to find out who they were. I was delighted to sign both.
    Shame it didn’t work out but both were good players although not for us.
    OTJ welsh international and RV went for million pound deals.
    Rowan Vine had 25 clubs throughout his career. Incredible. Can’t be many players with more than that!

I think I'll pass on listening to that.