hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    So the crowd will be c8,000 mainly because its a cup game not included in ST. To boost the crowd to say 25% to 10,000 some are suggesting entry is priced at 60% of normal prices. Basic maths tells you that nonsense, especially as you share the gate.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tracey doesn’t say that the board made the decision on ticket pricing, only that she was taking the decision to the board

Love your honesty on this Tracey, could easily have bruised it under the carpet
    Tracey said “I have had feedback and the pricing was finalised based on budget, it being the Scottish Cup competition and Elgin agreed on price”

That says to me the price was set by the Hibs board

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Tracey doesn’t say that the board made the decision on ticket pricing, only that she was taking the decision to the board

Love your honesty on this Tracey, could easily have bruised it under the carpet
    I’m not sure what you mean here? If the board didn’t make the decision, who did? And what decision did she take to them?

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    I would think it was a conference call between leeann and our fd, and the Elgin equivalent.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I’m not sure what you mean here? If the board didn’t make the decision, who did? And what decision did she take to them?
    What I meant was do the board make the decisions on Cup ticket pricing. Thought that would be the job of the commercial dept
    Maybe Tracey has disagreed with the pricing and decided to take it to the board for discussion

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    If it went to the board, then leann would have presented her case for the pricing. Little the fans rep can do.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Not having a pop at the fans reps but the system and conditions they work to. They are basically toothless dogs and are used as whipping boys/girls for the board. Instead of fans contacting the club 're ticketing, catering, tannoy system etc they now contact the fans reps who take the flak the board should be receiving. Having read numerous responses from the board via the fans reps it is obvious they are censored and have to dance to the boards tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Not having a pop at the fans reps but the system and conditions they work to. They are basically toothless dogs and are used as whipping boys/girls for the board. Instead of fans contacting the club 're ticketing, catering, tannoy system etc they now contact the fans reps who take the flak the board should be receiving. Having read numerous responses from the board via the fans reps it is obvious they are censored and have to dance to the boards tune.

Completely agree.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I don't know whether the reps are censored to any agree, but I agree with the point about their taking flak for matters which are out of their hands. They don't take the decisions.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    It's actually incredible that someone thought that this was reasonably priced. Surely it doesn't take a fans' rep telling the rest of the board that it's too high?

Total disregard for supporters on this occasion, imho.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    It's actually incredible that someone thought that this was reasonably priced. Surely it doesn't take a fans' rep telling the rest of the board that it's too high?

Also poor that both reps couldn’t make it to the Board meeting - I get that this isn’t their day job but if there’s no representation the meeting should be rescheduled- otherwise you’ve got to ask the question - do we really need them?

What price should it have been then? It costs £14 to for a seat at Elgin’s league games so presumably somewhere between that and the price we had for ST holders? How many £s out are we talking?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    What price should it have been then? It costs £14 to for a seat at Elgin’s league games so presumably somewhere between that and the price we had for ST holders? How many £s out are we talking?
    It should have been £15 for adults and a fiver for kids. Charging £22 for a cup game in January against Elgin is madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Also poor that both reps couldn’t make it to the Board meeting - I get that this isn’t their day job but if there’s no representation the meeting should be rescheduled- otherwise you’ve got to ask the question - do we really need them?
    Were these prices actually set at a board meeting? Surely reps from our club met with reps from Elgin to set the price. I have no idea if that is the case but it makes more sense to me that it would be done that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    It should have been £15 for adults and a fiver for kids. Charging £22 for a cup game in January against Elgin is madness.
    So just a £ more than Elgin charge for a seat at their league games to watch Hibs play in the Scottish Cup?
    Did ST holders pay £22 then? I can’t remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    I don't know whether the reps are censored to any agree, but I agree with the point about their taking flak for matters which are out of their hands. They don't take the decisions.
    Of course they are heavily censored they can only say what the board wants them to say, don't toe the party line then you're out on your backside.

So just a £ more than Elgin charge for a seat at their league games to watch Hibs play in the Scottish Cup?
    Did ST holders pay £22 then? I can’t remember.
    To be honest what Elgin charge their supporters (I believe it's £12 cheapest) for league games is pretty irrelevant. They will have their own reasons for charging what they do.

If we want to go down the comparison route what are other Premiership teams charging for the same stage in the Scottish? I know Hearts are charging £15 for their tie which is against Premier League opposition.

The game is overpriced and will be reflected in the crowd.

Of course they are heavily censored they can only say what the board wants them to say, don't toe the party line then you're out on your backside.
    That’s normal board room collective responsibility isn’t it? It’s why I always thought these were fairly pointless roles. As soon as they joined the board they effectively stopped being fans reps.

@hibs.net private member
    Were these prices actually set at a board meeting? Surely reps from our club met with reps from Elgin to set the price. I have no idea if that is the case but it makes more sense to me that it would be done that way.
    I agree - my point was more that Tracey (and Frank?) can apparently only raise the issue about the price at the Board meeting. Unfortunately neither were there so the issue/question isn’t or can’t be raised.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    To be honest what Elgin charge their supporters (I believe it's £12 cheapest) for league games is pretty irrelevant. They will have their own reasons for charging what they do.

The game is overpriced and will be reflected in the crowd.
    I agree it’s over riced but I don’t think it’s as far out as some are suggesting. Elgin’s £12 admission is for the terracing, I was comparing like for like.
    THe crows will be lower but the revenue will still be more than would have been generated with substantially reduced prices. Why should Elgin be bothered by how many Hibs fans turn up, it’s all about the bottom line for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I agree - my point was more that Tracey (and Frank?) can apparently only raise the issue about the price at the Board meeting. Unfortunately neither were there so the issue/question isn’t or can’t be raised.
    Ah, got you.
    Fair point.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

£15-£18 imho.

I agree it’s over riced but I don’t think it’s as far out as some are suggesting. Elgin’s £12 admission is for the terracing, I was comparing like for like.
    THe crows will be lower but the revenue will still be more than would have been generated with substantially reduced prices. Why should Elgin be bothered by how many Hibs fans turn up, it’s all about the bottom line for them.
    Aberdeen are charging £15 for their game against Stenhousemuir yet we are asking our fans for £7 more for a game against similar opposition at the same stage in the cup.

Either Aberdeen have underpriced it or we have overpriced it. I know which side I am leaning towards.

£15-£18 imho.
    Match should have been £15 for adults and £5 for kids maximum

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

That’s normal board room collective responsibility isn’t it? It’s why I always thought these were fairly pointless roles. As soon as they joined the board they effectively stopped being fans reps.
    I think fans reps is an inappropriate title for their role, as it's virtually impossible to represent the fans - we have different votes on things so how do they represent two polarised opinions?

Supporter elected directors would be a better term. Although my phone wanted to change that to super ejected directors, which sounds more exciting.

I think fans reps is an inappropriate title for their role, as it's virtually impossible to represent the fans - we have different votes on things so how do they represent two polarised opinions?

Supporter elected directors would be a better term. Although my phone wanted to change that to super ejected directors, which sounds more exciting.
    Are the elections not due next month for this?

£15-£18 imho.
    £18 was the figure I would have gone with for this one.

They should be totally independent of the board and should be more like union reps fighting the cause for the supporters.

They should be totally independent of the board and should be more like union reps fighting the cause for the supporters.
    Agreed.