hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by G15 Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It would be a bit harsh to accuse Elgin of greed. I hardly imagine their directors are lighting cigars with £20 notes in anticipation of the filthy lucre inflating their coffers. Its a well run club but done on a shoestring which requires fiscal prudence and a decent social club to keep it going. Along with Peterhead they're probably the farthest travelled club over the course of a league season in Scotland. That costs a bit. Games like this and a few thousand quid go a long way to keep them going. Can't blame them for wanting to maximise it.
    Personally I am not knocking Elgin for 'greed' in this case, but they do have some previous! https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20456791

My point is that between Hibs and Elgin they could probably have added a few thousand on to the gate by boldly showing the imagination to price it far cheaper and attract people along. As other posters have pointed out, plenty other top clubs in England and Scotland seem to be recognise that extra efforts need to be made to entice people to cup ties not covered by their season tickets, and to reward their fans.

The price we routinely charge for kids tickets (apart from FF season tickets) is just plain wrong.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Col L View Post
    Personally I am not knocking Elgin for 'greed' in this case, but they do have some previous! https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/20456791

My point is that between Hibs and Elgin they could probably have added a few thousand on to the gate by boldly showing the imagination to price it far cheaper and attract people along. As other posters have pointed out, plenty other top clubs in England and Scotland seem to be recognise that extra efforts need to be made to entice people to cup ties not covered by their season tickets, and to reward their fans.

The price we routinely charge for kids tickets (apart from FF season tickets) is just plain wrong.
    Tickets for kids in the rest of the ground are £75 which is still good value at £4 per game but the likes of Hearts are still cheaper at £55 for most seats in the ground and £30 for a cat B season ticket.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven79 View Post
    Tickets for kids in the rest of the ground are £75 which is still good value at £4 per game but the likes of Hearts are still cheaper at £55 for most seats in the ground and £30 for a cat B season ticket.
    You're right, season ticket prices are decent, but individual ticket prices are still too high - including what we charge away fans with kids. Other clubs have a much fairer structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Col L View Post
    You're right, season ticket prices are decent, but individual ticket prices are still too high - including what we charge away fans. Other clubs have a much fairer structure.
    I think Hearts only charge cat B away fans £5 for kids under 13 which is much fairer than the £12 that we charge just now.

Maybe a revamp of prices for next season would be in order as we need to encourage kids (Both home and away fans) to come to live football rather than sitting on the couch watching English football.

First Team Breakthrough
    Hi there,

Apologies for the delay. I did want this raised at the last board meeting but unfortunately I was unable to attend.

I have had feedback and the pricing was finalised based on budget, it being the Scottish Cup competition and Elgin agreed on price.

I have noted all feedback from here, other sites and what’s been messaged to me and will be feeding it back and raising the points that have been raised.

Thanks

Tracey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    Hi there,

Apologies for the delay. I did want this raised at the last board meeting but unfortunately I was unable to attend.

I have had feedback and the pricing was finalised based on budget, it being the Scottish Cup competition and Elgin agreed on price.

I have noted all feedback from here, other sites and what’s been messaged to me and will be feeding it back and raising the points that have been raised.

Thanks

Tracey

Tracey, that basically reads as the board thinking £22 at home to Elgin is ok. It might be the Scottish Cup but not interested in incentivising folk to go whatsoever. Very poor when you look at prices around the country for other ties.
    Last edited by B.H.F.C; 12-01-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    Giving this one a miss, I actually feel disappointed in myself for not going but I'm saving for a house so that comes first just now
    That's where I am too. Just forked out £22 & £24 for next 2 away games so giving the cup game a miss.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Tracey, that basically reads as the board thinking £22 at home to Elgin is ok. It might be the Scottish Cup but not interested in incentivising folk to go whatsoever. Very poor when you look at prices around the country for other ties.
    Its something we definitely need to look at moving forward. You make very valid points

@hibs.net private member
    A huge own goal by Hibs...…..far to expensive for what it is...….. even more so with us having two away games the following week.

Price is absolutely ridiculous to be honest. I'm actually amazed that the board thought £22 for this game in January is acceptable. I believe Hearts are charging £15 for their cup game against Premier League opposition and Hibs are trying to fleece us for £22.

The attendance will be tiny and you could get away with only opening the West Stand and still have space.

@hibs.net private member
    A huge own goal by Hibs...…..far to expensive for what it is...….. even more so with us having two away games the following week.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Time the club repaid the supporters who have turned up in great numbers to support them.

Left by mutual consent!
    Hi there,

Thanks

Tracey

If you couldn't attend them couldn't you have asked Frank to have raised the point then ??

Its something we definitely need to look at moving forward. You make very valid points

I hope they do but doubt they will.

I’ve given the benefit of the doubt about other teams having to agree price etc. Your post reflects a lot of the perceptions about our board though IMO.

We will be lucky to have 5000 at the game. Talking about budget as well. What about the budget supporters have at this time of year.

As others have said, the kids pricing is the particularly poor bit.

So Hibs set the price.....I can't say I'm surprised. Complete disregard for the fans and pure greed. The board are so out of touch. As I said earlier I got into Newcastle v Blackburn for £10 and £5 last week but I've paid £20 and £10 for Elgin (inclusive of discount). Hibs are taking the p155.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Hi there,

Thanks

Tracey

do you not think it's a bit late to give feedback to the club now when the match is in a weeks time? The board aren't going to change it now, I appreciate you will be busy and may not be able to attend every board meeting but these are issues that should be getting fed back to the club asap

We can only hope that the club learns the lesson from this mistake. I'm sure that a similar draw next season will see lower prices - in the case of the bairns' admission, much lower.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Hi there,

Thanks

Tracey

If true a shocker. No chance Elgin requested the pricing?
    Last edited by JimBHibees; 12-01-2019 at 07:03 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    do you not think it's a bit late to give feedback to the club now when the match is in a weeks time? The board aren't going to change it now, I appreciate you will be busy and may not be able to attend every board meeting but these are issues that should be getting fed back to the club asap
    It is too late for this match unfortunately but I would expect us to get through this tie and we will then have further matches.

I wasn’t too busy either and missing a meeting is not something I take lightly.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    If true a shocker. No chance Elgin requested the pricing.
    Both clubs have to agree the pricing before it can be announced

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    It is too late for this match unfortunately but I would expect us to get through this tie and we will then have further matches.

I wasn’t too busy either and missing a meeting is not something I take lightly.

Here's hoping!! As I say I appreciate you may not be able to attend every meeting

Be lucky if 5000 bother for this.
    Yup it's middle of Jan and we've just came off an 8 game Dec with 5 home games. Real lack of imagination from both clubs with these prices and it will attract the crowd it deserves tbh

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback Tracey but please feedback to the board this is a bit out of order in comparison to other clubs pricing around the country - very unfair on supporters at a tough time of the year financially. I've bought tickets for well and st mirren away this weekend so simply cannot afford this one as well at these prices

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Yup it's middle of Jan and we've just came off an 8 game Dec with 5 home games. Real lack of imagination from both clubs with these prices and it will attract the crowd it deserves tbh

This.

I know both clubs agree to the pricing but common sense should have prevailed on setting a decent price that is affordable for all and will attract a half decent crowd.

Club only have themselves to blame if the attendance is embarrassing which won’t be surprising.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback Tracey but please feedback to the board this is a bit out of order in comparison to other clubs pricing around the country - very unfair on supporters at a tough time of the year financially. I've bought tickets for well and st mirren away this weekend so simply cannot afford this one as well at these prices

I will be feeding it back. I’m the same with the away tickets this week also and with the 2 girls. We will be there next week but I’m luckily enough to be able to do so but totally get others can’t especially this time of year.

I will be feeding it back. I’m the same with the away tickets this week also and with the 2 girls. We will be there next week but I’m luckily enough to be able to do so but totally get others can’t especially this time of year.

Thanks Tracey - as I've mentioned in a previous post Dec was a tough month financially for us too with 8 matches- real lack of vision from the Board

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Both clubs have to agree the pricing before it can be announced

I know that just whether Elgin indicated the pricing rather than Hibs.

Give everyone who attends on Saturday a voucher for first dibs at a Cup Final ticket.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Tracey doesn’t say that the board made the decision on ticket pricing, only that she was taking the decision to the board

Love your honesty on this Tracey, could easily have bruised it under the carpet

@hibs.net private member
    I would say it’s “unbelievable” that the Hibs board set these prices due to “budget” but it isn’t really