hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They should have offered a tonne of tickets to schools. The first ever game I went to was against Hamilton when local schools got free tickets..
    Do you think Elgin City would have been letting loads of kids in for free if the game was played at Borough Briggs? I don’t think we can expect them to effectively subsidise a scheme like that.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    We should insist on a discount for the replay

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Totally agree unacceptable pricing for a game v Elgin in the middle of January when season tickets dont apply.
    Also agree this is unacceptable. The party line seems to be that Elgin - by not agreeing to reduced prices - have forced Hibs' hand here. That may be the case, but can the Fans Reps confirm?

If it is the case that Elgin insisted on full prices, well more fool them. Very short-sighted and it will probably cost them rather than benefit them from the number of people who will vote with their feet and not go. You would think they would want their players to get a cup tie in front of as big a crowd as possible.

I'm a season ticket holder and go to most away games, but do not intend to go to this one - after the flurry of games in December, Christmas, New Year and family birthdays, it's an expense I can do without. I'm not knocking anyone who is going, far from it, but it feels like a slap in the face to be asked to pay full price for a game where the ground will probably be half full at best. I especially take issue with the pricing for kids - Hibs fall way behind other clubs in this regard. I've had to pay less for my laddie at just about every other ground in Scotland than Hibs charge.

I think the club need to look more closely at rewarding loyal fans when the opportunity arises. My team down south, Swansea, for example paid for all 2,500 away tickets for their fans to go to Villa in the FA Cup - and they won 3-0 too!

If Hibs absolutely had to agree to these prices, could they not have rewarded/compensated fans in another way - voucher for the club shop, discount for a future match etc?
    Last edited by Col L; 09-01-2019 at 09:59 AM.

Season ticket holders get 10% off if buy by lunchtime today

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    £20 for an adult to see Hibs in the Scottish Cup (up to today) is fine, but agree that the kids pricing is a bit on the heavy side.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    £20 for an adult to see Hibs in the Scottish Cup (up to today) is fine, but agree that the kids pricing is a bit on the heavy side.
    I agree mate as do most folk I think.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Tickets now offline, presume they'll be back up with the new prices/seats shortly.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I paid £15 for a ticket to see Middlesbrough v Peterborough Utd on Saturday. Normally £32 for the part of the ground I sat in.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Thought the discount period would have been up till nearer the game date seems a little odd for it to be withdrawn ten days or so before the game. Had no idea this was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    I think the authorities need to look at the rules etc if teams like Elgin can dictate that Hibs charge top dollar for a game like this. I've bought my tickets but there's no doubting the pricing structure is way off for this one. By comparison I got in to Newcastle v Blackburn last Saturday for £10 and £5.
    If Elgin did insist on the pricing for this...it's gonna cost them as it's deffo going to affect the crowd...especially at this time of Year when we are all skint

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    If Elgin did insist on the pricing for this...it's gonna cost them as it's deffo going to affect the crowd...especially at this time of Year when we are all skint

Gauld and another one or two will boost the attendance.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Gauld and another one or two will boost the attendance.
    Hopefully mate yeah...a couple of quality signings will deffo stir interest

I know where you are coming from but I expect it will work out about the same or better off with the higher price

5000 at £20 or 10000 at £10. Do you think we’d get an extra 5000 with the cheaper price? I don’t think we would.

I know where you are coming from but I expect it will work out about the same or better off with the higher price

5000 at £20 or 10000 at £10. Do you think we’d get an extra 5000 with the cheaper price? I don’t think we would.
    Probably not mate no....the best thing Hibs could do to boost the crowd would be to announce a couple of quality signings in next week or so...that should add a couple of thousand to gate I'd imagine...fingers crossed

Probably not mate no....the best thing Hibs could do to boost the crowd would be to announce a couple of quality signings in next week or so...that should add a couple of thousand to gate I'd imagine...fingers crossed

Maybe they’ve deliberately held off announcing the new signings to get that extra £2 in 😄

Maybe they’ve deliberately held off announcing the new signings to get that extra £2 in
    Haha Petrie

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    I think the authorities need to look at the rules etc if teams like Elgin can dictate that Hibs charge top dollar for a game like this. I've bought my tickets but there's no doubting the pricing structure is way off for this one. By comparison I got in to Newcastle v Blackburn last Saturday for £10 and £5.
    This post says it all for me.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    This post says it all for me.

I'm in the fortunate position where I can afford it, and will be attending anyway, but money's tight for a lot of people (I know what that's like as well) and it would have been nice for the club to be able to encourage a decent attendance by giving them reduced prices.

Football is a spectacle and a decent crowd adds to that. If we lost a few hundred quid but had a much larger crowd, I think it would be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Meanwhile in a thread not too far away people are complaining that kids season tickets in FF lower are too cheap.

Giving this one a miss, I actually feel disappointed in myself for not going but I'm saving for a house so that comes first just now

Quote Originally Posted by Col L View Post
    Also agree this is unacceptable. The party line seems to be that Elgin - by not agreeing to reduced prices - have forced Hibs' hand here. That may be the case, but can the Fans Reps confirm?

If it is the case that Elgin insisted on full prices, well more fool them. Very short-sighted and it will probably cost them rather than benefit them from the number of people who will vote with their feet and not go. You would think they would want their players to get a cup tie in front of as big a crowd as possible.

I'm a season ticket holder and go to most away games, but do not intend to go to this one - after the flurry of games in December, Christmas, New Year and family birthdays, it's an expense I can do without. I'm not knocking anyone who is going, far from it, but it feels like a slap in the face to be asked to pay full price for a game where the ground will probably be half full at best. I especially take issue with the pricing for kids - Hibs fall way behind other clubs in this regard. I've had to pay less for my laddie at just about every other ground in Scotland than Hibs charge.

I think the club need to look more closely at rewarding loyal fans when the opportunity arises. My team down south, Swansea, for example paid for all 2,500 away tickets for their fans to go to Villa in the FA Cup - and they won 3-0 too!

If Hibs absolutely had to agree to these prices, could they not have rewarded/compensated fans in another way - voucher for the club shop, discount for a future match etc?
    Agreed. A lack of imagination, but no shortage of greed - whether from Hibs, Elgin, or a combination of both clubs we may never know.

Very much doubt I'll be there, and I fear the pricing will attract the crowd it deserves.

It costs £14 to watch Elgin City play at home in the league. £9 for concessions. What do people expect to pay to see Hibs play anybody in the Scottish Cup? IF the answer is somewhere between our normal admission price and theirs then accusing either of the clubs of greed seems a bit harsh.

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    Agreed. A lack of imagination, but no shortage of greed - whether from Hibs, Elgin, or a combination of both clubs we may never know..
    It would be a bit harsh to accuse Elgin of greed. I hardly imagine their directors are lighting cigars with £20 notes in anticipation of the filthy lucre inflating their coffers. Its a well run club but done on a shoestring which requires fiscal prudence and a decent social club to keep it going. Along with Peterhead they're probably the farthest travelled club over the course of a league season in Scotland. That costs a bit. Games like this and a few thousand quid go a long way to keep them going. Can't blame them for wanting to maximise it.

Maybe a question for the fans reps. Did Elgin insist on standard prices for this game?

Hate to see our club possibly getting another kicking for something they had no control over
    Do we have active fans reps anymore? That’s not a dig but we used to get updates but I’ve not heard a peep for months.

Every cup game we charge near full price, every cup game most other clubs charge less then us, yet every time people on try and defend it saying its the oppositions fault, instead of just accepting our board can be robbing barstards at times. We'll have the most expensive tickets in the country that weekend.

Going to be a tad hypocritical as I don't like talking about them, especially on a Hibs site but Hertz are charging £15 adults, £10 students/oap's and £5 U16's for their cup tie v Livi. Aberdeen are charging the exact same for Stenhousemuir as are Killie for their game against Forfar. Infact even Celtic are charging those prices aswell.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    Every cup game we charge near full price, every cup game most other clubs charge less then us, yet every time people on try and defend it saying its the oppositions fault, instead of just accepting our board can be robbing barstards at times. We'll have the most expensive tickets in the country that weekend.

Going to be a tad hypocritical as I don't like talking about them, especially on a Hibs site but Hertz are charging £15 adults, £10 students/oap's and £5 U16's for their cup tie v Livi. Aberdeen are charging the exact same for Stenhousemuir as are Killie for their game against Forfar. Infact even Celtic are charging those prices aswell.
    Yes, that's reasonable for this kind of tie. Hearts also have a local derby against another SPFL club, which is even better value. We've priced this game incorrectly, IMHO.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    It costs £14 to watch Elgin City play at home in the league. £9 for concessions. What do people expect to pay to see Hibs play anybody in the Scottish Cup? IF the answer is somewhere between our normal admission price and theirs then accusing either of the clubs of greed seems a bit harsh.
    It is greed, in my opinion, as prices have been fixed with apparent disregard for the financial strain on supporters and their families (especially those who'd like to travel down from Elgin) at the tail end of January. Of course, Elgin as a club want to make as much money as they can, but they'd still get a bumper pay day if the pricing was reasonable and allowed more fans (in particular those who have children they'd usually bring along) to attend.

Even cheaper kids tickets would be an acknowledgement that the clubs understand we've all just been through the most expensive time of the year (and that expense has included supporting our football teams!).

Be lucky if 5000 bother for this.

Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    It is greed, in my opinion, as prices have been fixed with apparent disregard for the financial strain on supporters and their families (especially those who'd like to travel down from Elgin) at the tail end of January. Of course, Elgin as a club want to make as much money as they can, but they'd still get a bumper pay day if the pricing was reasonable and allowed more fans (in particular those who have children they'd usually bring along) to attend.

Even cheaper kids tickets would be an acknowledgement that the clubs understand we've all just been through the most expensive time of the year (and that expense has included supporting our football teams!).
    Are the Elgin fans complaining?
    I take it if we had been playing Hearts you would have wanted ticket prices slashed as well then as we still wouldn’t have any more cash to spend. I think the tickets could have been cheaper but I don’t think they were too far off the mark if you had the ST discount.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Are the Elgin fans complaining?
    I take it if we had been playing Hearts you would have wanted ticket prices slashed as well then as we still wouldn’t have any more cash to spend. I think the tickets could have been cheaper but I don’t think they were too far off the mark if you had the ST discount.
    I don't know if the Elgin fans are complaining - i don't know any. It'd be funny if none of those thinking of travelling wouldn't prefer the prices to be cheaper though?!

In answer to your question about a hypothetical scenario involving Hearts: Yes, I'd expect the prices to be lower than they usually are for a category 'a' league game.

Ach well, we're never going to find common ground here, Marinello - you think the prices are ok and I don't. Let's leave it at that! I also think a fiver a pint is an outrage, but there must be enough people happy and willing to pay it to keep the pubs of Dode Street in business...