hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder if getting Scott Allan on a pre contract might encourage some of the whingers on here?

Maybe I'm being a bit thick, but what's that got to do with the Elgin City game?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Maybe I'm being a bit thick, but what's that got to do with the Elgin City game?
    Coz we all got a massive lift from SA signing. Maybe a few doubters will now come along.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    If gate is halved then £3.50 per adult which may be around 5000. So around £17,500? And then is there VAT to take off that?

And if it put another 1000 on the gate then take another £1750 off it as well.

As I said, no very much
    It’s a lot if you are Elgin.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Say someone wants to take their kids. An extra £7 per ticket makes it an extra £21 for an adult and two kids.

I don’t think many people would miss it for the sake of a fiver for the own ticket. But families are probably being priced out today. Which is a shame when there’ll be 15,000 empty seats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Fair enough but telling people £5 or £7 Is nothing is in my opinion having a go at some who may be a bit light in the pocket this close to pay day...that's all I meant

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    If money is that tight then it's sensible not to go regardless of the price. Not nice to miss out but ultimately attending a football game is a luxury and not a necessity.

I'd never criticise anyone who is in that position.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Coz we all got a massive lift from SA signing. Maybe a few doubters will now come along.

Ah, OK.

Cheers.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Mate I love Hibs but they deserve a bashing for this...THE most expensive cup tie in the country this weekend...it's short sighted and a fingers up to the fans who bought STs in record numbers this Season...

I will ask you again - Hibs have priced more attractive matches this season at a lower cost, so why are you so confident that this is Hibs fault?

Hint.........pricing for the match isnt just down to Hibs

What's the best guess for our announced attendance today?

I've just found a copy of the Hibs Monthly/Mass Hibsteria summer special from 1993. More than one contributor talks about crowds of 3,500 (one specifically referencing a game, at home in the league, v St.Johnstone). This in an admittedly disappointing season, but still one where we were only knocked out of the UEFA Cup by Anderlecht on away goals, reached the Scottish Cup semi-final, and had Wright & Jackson up front. It was also the season after we had won the League Cup.

Many of us won't be at the game today for the reasons already articulated by several posters, but things are still better than they were back then - the difference is, there was no internet for attending fans to point the finger at their fellow Hibbies.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    What's the best guess for our announced attendance today?
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I will ask you again - Hibs have priced more attractive matches this season at a lower cost, so why are you so confident that this is Hibs fault?

Hint.........pricing for the match isnt just down to Hibs
    Because the fans rep on the Board told us pretty much this earlier in this very thread mate

Anyway regardless hope we do the business today and we can then have this convo about the next round

First Team Breakthrough
    Should have given Celtic and Rangers the full stand then they could of lowered the price a few quid for this game.

Because the fans rep on the Board told us pretty much this earlier in this very thread mate

Anyway regardless hope we do the business today and we can then have this convo about the next round

What she said was " the pricing was finalised based on budget, it being the Scottish Cup competition and Elgin agreed on price."

Which doesnt tell us anything except both clubs agreed on the price.

Hibs v Ayr quarter finals march 2017 - £20, £18 for ST holders.

Previous round v Bonnyrigg at Tynie was £20

Do you seriously think Hibs decided all by themselves that playing another diddy club this season was worth more money????

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    What she said was " the pricing was finalised based on budget, it being the Scottish Cup competition and Elgin agreed on price."

Which doesnt tell us anything except both clubs agreed on the price.

Hibs v Ayr quarter finals march 2017 - £20, £18 for ST holders.

Previous round v Bonnyrigg at Tynie was £20

Do you seriously think Hibs decided all by themselves that playing another diddy club this season was worth more money????
    Your clearly after an argument mate just leave it and enjoy the game. All I will say is how come Hibs and Elgin couldn't lower the price when every other club around the country has today??

Let's leave it there and agree to disagree on this...enjoy the match and Mon the Hibees

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I’ve got a friend who’s an Elgin supporter. He said they took 500 to a midweek game at Tynecastle a few years ago, said he’s expecting something similar today

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    So the game costs a fiver more. So what, just go along and support the team.
    100 % agree.......great post 👍🇳🇬

Your clearly after an argument mate just leave it and enjoy the game. All I will say is how come Hibs and Elgin couldn't lower the price when every other club around the country has today??

Let's leave it there and agree to disagree on this...enjoy the match and Mon the Hibees

I am not after an argument, but - your highlighted point answers your own question - clearly it wasnt agreed !!