hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The majority won’t turn up. There will be 5/6000 max
    5 or 6k would be about right for this sort of game would it not.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Just booked my seats on line. Noticed a lot of regulars round about me with season tickets still haven’t booked their seat. Might be sat elsewheere or haven’t got round to buying yet but can see this being a very small crowd by recent standards.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post
    Just booked my seats on line. Noticed a lot of regulars round about me with season tickets still haven’t booked their seat. Might be sat elsewheere or haven’t got round to buying yet but can see this being a very small crowd by recent standards.
    There will be about 7k which is decent considering the opposition

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    5 or 6k would be about right for this sort of game would it not.

I had a look at attendances against lower league clubs in the early stages of both cups in the last few years and they vary quite a lot

We generally get lower crowds for league cup games, but I suppose that's the same at most clubs.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 15-01-2019 at 06:28 PM.

Testimonial Due
    Blog Entries
    Hibs should looked at Blackburn v Newcastle tonight £10 & £2 concession, maybe nearer the correct price for Saturday.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c31 View Post
    Hibs should looked at Blackburn v Newcastle tonight £10 & £2 concession, maybe nearer the correct price for Saturday.

but tbf english clubs in the top two tiers can easily subsidise one-off reductions, though i still disagree with our own clubs pricing for little Elgin

A lot easier when the first game was on TV earning you £75k each and you have a crowd of 37000 approximately £250k each
    Last edited by Ringothedog; 15-01-2019 at 08:03 PM.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post

Think it’s the pricing that has put a lot off people off.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    In the past, people just didn’t go to games they didn’t fancy and that was that, but now there seems to be an endless pursuit for answers to why they’re not going and long lists of excuses from fans as to why they’re not going.
    Early round of cup against lower league opposition at Easter Road never attracts big crowds and this one will be similar. Reducing prices would have minimal impact on the size of gate going by history. The large numbers of season tickets gives us consistent numbers attending league games, but before, you would get quite a fluctuation on crowds from week to week depending on opposition and occasion.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Halving the price will not double the gate, though.

Why does the gate need to double though? Why can't the board just give something back to ST holders in a very expensive time of the year, especially as we've already had 5 competitive cup fixtures at home. £15 and £5 would be about right. And i know £7 is hardly anything, people will put that on a bet or buy a pie n bovril for that, but would be good to feel valued at times as opposed to just a cash cow. Reducing the pricing wouldn't cost us anything as its essentially a bonus being drawn at home plus I'm sure i read on here a while back that the club don't budget for cup runs...

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    Why does the gate need to double though? Why can't the board just give something back to ST holders in a very expensive time of the year, especially as we've already had 5 competitive cup fixtures at home. £15 and £5 would be about right. And i know £7 is hardly anything, people will put that on a bet or buy a pie n bovril for that, but would be good to feel valued at times as opposed to just a cash cow. Reducing the pricing wouldn't cost us anything as its essentially a bonus being drawn at home plus I'm sure i read on here a while back that the club don't budget for cup runs...
    Elgin wouldn't agree to that. That's the point here.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    If only somebody had mentioned it before....

We won't know the answer to that but we have these types of threads for pretty much every home cup tie that is over-priced. I'm not believing for one minute our board are itching to reduce the prices but every time the opposition puts a stop to it.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Not doubting this but has it actually been confirmed that Elgin has or has not agreed to a price reduction?

One for Tracey perhaps?

@hibs.net private member
    We won't know the answer to that but we have these types of threads for pretty much every home cup tie that is over-priced. I'm not believing for one minute our board are itching to reduce the prices but every time the opposition puts a stop to it.

that's probably fair - I recall reading some years ago that there isn't a big relationship between price and attendances at football games. Clubs tried dropping prices and often saw only fractional changes in the attendance. I don't think this game is priced appropriately, but I also suspect that Hibs feel the attendance won't be markedly different than had it been a bit cheaper.

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Didn't look like a bumper crowd, despite the reduction to ticket prices.

the mild mannered janitor Last Minute's Avatar
    Can maybe Frank or Tracey the fans reps come on board and maybe answer some of the questions on how we got to £22 a ticket

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Minute View Post
    Can maybe Frank or Tracey the fans reps come on board and maybe answer some of the questions on how we got to £22 a ticket
    Tracey advised earlier in the thread that it was based on budget and that it was a Scottish Cup game

Quote Originally Posted by green with envy View Post
    Not doubting this but has it actually been confirmed that Elgin has or has not agreed to a price reduction?

One for Tracey perhaps?
    I'm surmising, of course. But they will want to maximise their income from this tie. Setting ticket prices at £10 wouldn't do that.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    I'm surmising, of course. But they will want to maximise their income from this tie. Setting ticket prices at £10 wouldn't do that.
    I'm in total agreement, however, I really do hope it was Elgin that did not agree to any 'suggested' price reduction. Although it doesn't make a personal difference to me as i'm going anyway, I do know quite a lot of ST holders that are not prepared to pay the admission price for this one - I don't blame them TBH.

I would still like to know though if there was an objection on Elgin's part.

Totally agree. We hear this excuse every year yet every other premiership club seems to be able to reduce their prices at will.

We are stopped by these nasty wee League 2 sides though, definitely not the Hibs board that wanted to charge 22 quid

First Team Breakthrough Ralphy C's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Totally agree. We hear this excuse every year yet every other premiership club seems to be able to reduce their prices at will.

We are stopped by these nasty wee League 2 sides though, definitely not the Hibs board that wanted to charge 22 quid
    Been to loads of games against similar opposition where the prices have been reduced, still poor crowds, but the board have shown willing in the past. As an aside to those who don't travel is this not our only game in January?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphy C View Post
    Been to loads of games against similar opposition where the prices have been reduced, still poor crowds, but the board have shown willing in the past. As an aside to those who don't travel is this not our only game in January?

Paisley and Motherwell are the other two locations, so minimal travelling for me

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    enjoy a night time game at Fir park

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Looking back at games earlier in the season. £23 for Molde and Greek side. £20 against Ross County in the league cup. Missed the game against the Faroese and was treated to hospitality for the dons cup tie so don’t know their prices.

Elgin City should be less than those games.

Hopefully the club take the feedback on board but given our poor performance in the statement league I doubt we will hear anything either way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what has been discussed ,I would guess that Hibs have suggested the £22 ticket price to Elgin City who have agreed. Hibs gave supporters the opportunity to purchase at a 10% discount for a limited period of time. Not much but something of a reduction

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    From what has been discussed ,I would guess that Hibs have suggested the £22 ticket price to Elgin City who have agreed. Hibs gave supporters the opportunity to purchase at a 10% discount for a limited period of time. Not much but something of a reduction

There would be no suggestion necessary from either club for that price.

It's the default if no other agreement is reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    There would be no suggestion necessary from either club for that price.

It's the default if no other agreement is reached.
    I know 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    In the past, people just didn’t go to games they didn’t fancy and that was that, but now there seems to be an endless pursuit for answers to why they’re not going and long lists of excuses from fans as to why they’re not going.
    Early round of cup against lower league opposition at Easter Road never attracts big crowds and this one will be similar. Reducing prices would have minimal impact on the size of gate going by history. The large numbers of season tickets gives us consistent numbers attending league games, but before, you would get quite a fluctuation on crowds from week to week depending on opposition and occasion.
    so for that reason, half the price and let kids in for a couple of quid. get real