hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by c31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs should looked at Blackburn v Newcastle tonight £10 & £2 concession, maybe nearer the correct price for Saturday.
    Agreed - maybe something like £15/£5 would make more sense for Hibs with less TV money etc involved but it's the right idea for an early cup tie. Would surely result in a bigger crowd and possibly more cash as well if it really caught on. Very little risk of significant financial loss in exchange for guaranteed bigger crowd/better atmosphere/backing for the team!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    In the past, people just didn’t go to games they didn’t fancy and that was that, but now there seems to be an endless pursuit for answers to why they’re not going and long lists of excuses from fans as to why they’re not going.
    Early round of cup against lower league opposition at Easter Road never attracts big crowds and this one will be similar. Reducing prices would have minimal impact on the size of gate going by history. The large numbers of season tickets gives us consistent numbers attending league games, but before, you would get quite a fluctuation on crowds from week to week depending on opposition and occasion.
    This is true - I think even the famous five team played the odd game at ER to paltry crowds by even todays standards against unglamorous opposition. In the modern day though the club has a direct line to fans through websites like this and fans can easily purchase tickets in advance online if they want to - or are enticed to. All seater grounds have changed the landscape and we now have much lower capacities and much higher ST sales as a result of the enticement of guaranteeing a seat at the really big games - and Elgin City with all due respect do not come into that category.
    I appreciate the odd nudge from the club about forthcoming matches - but invitations to buy a ticket in advance are meaningless to me when I know 100% I can walk up for exactly the same price with little prospect of a big queue and sit just about anywhere in the ground that I please - there is no enticement at all. The point that's being made is it's maybe an opportunity missed to drum up interest in the game and get a bigger crowd in while creating a better buzz about the club with a better feelgood factor for the fans - even if a small financial loss was made these factors would turn it into a net gain - probably

I wonder if getting Scott Allan on a pre contract might encourage some of the whingers on here?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    I wonder if getting Scott Allan on a pre contract might encourage some of the whingers on here?
    To find something else to moan about?

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    To find something else to moan about?
    They'll say the forecast is too cold, so that's why they didn't buy a ticket weeks ago.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Great news but doesn't stop people being skint and not paid since pre Xmas. No need to have a pop at your fellow fans...there are bills to be paid and we can't all just spend our money on football every week mate

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Great news but doesn't stop people being skint and not paid since pre Xmas. No need to have a pop at your fellow fans...there are bills to be paid and we can't all just spend our money on football every week mate

That's a fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post

This is a post no-one could disagree with. Hopefully those who attend on Saturday (and good on you) won't come on here after the game to have a dash at their fellow Hibbies who haven't gone for whatever reason. The important thing, as always, is that Hibs win (then we can reignite the argument just before the next round 😁).

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    This is a post no-one could disagree with. Hopefully those who attend on Saturday (and good on you) won't come on here after the game to have a dash at their fellow Hibbies who haven't gone for whatever reason. The important thing, as always, is that Hibs win (then we can reignite the argument just before the next round 😁).

and every subsequent round right through to the final