hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by c31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs should looked at Blackburn v Newcastle tonight £10 & £2 concession, maybe nearer the correct price for Saturday.
    Agreed - maybe something like £15/£5 would make more sense for Hibs with less TV money etc involved but it's the right idea for an early cup tie. Would surely result in a bigger crowd and possibly more cash as well if it really caught on. Very little risk of significant financial loss in exchange for guaranteed bigger crowd/better atmosphere/backing for the team!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    In the past, people just didn’t go to games they didn’t fancy and that was that, but now there seems to be an endless pursuit for answers to why they’re not going and long lists of excuses from fans as to why they’re not going.
    Early round of cup against lower league opposition at Easter Road never attracts big crowds and this one will be similar. Reducing prices would have minimal impact on the size of gate going by history. The large numbers of season tickets gives us consistent numbers attending league games, but before, you would get quite a fluctuation on crowds from week to week depending on opposition and occasion.
    This is true - I think even the famous five team played the odd game at ER to paltry crowds by even todays standards against unglamorous opposition. In the modern day though the club has a direct line to fans through websites like this and fans can easily purchase tickets in advance online if they want to - or are enticed to. All seater grounds have changed the landscape and we now have much lower capacities and much higher ST sales as a result of the enticement of guaranteeing a seat at the really big games - and Elgin City with all due respect do not come into that category.
    I appreciate the odd nudge from the club about forthcoming matches - but invitations to buy a ticket in advance are meaningless to me when I know 100% I can walk up for exactly the same price with little prospect of a big queue and sit just about anywhere in the ground that I please - there is no enticement at all. The point that's being made is it's maybe an opportunity missed to drum up interest in the game and get a bigger crowd in while creating a better buzz about the club with a better feelgood factor for the fans - even if a small financial loss was made these factors would turn it into a net gain - probably

I wonder if getting Scott Allan on a pre contract might encourage some of the whingers on here?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    I wonder if getting Scott Allan on a pre contract might encourage some of the whingers on here?
    To find something else to moan about?

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    To find something else to moan about?
    They'll say the forecast is too cold, so that's why they didn't buy a ticket weeks ago.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Great news but doesn't stop people being skint and not paid since pre Xmas. No need to have a pop at your fellow fans...there are bills to be paid and we can't all just spend our money on football every week mate

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Great news but doesn't stop people being skint and not paid since pre Xmas. No need to have a pop at your fellow fans...there are bills to be paid and we can't all just spend our money on football every week mate

That's a fair point.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

This is a post no-one could disagree with. Hopefully those who attend on Saturday (and good on you) won't come on here after the game to have a dash at their fellow Hibbies who haven't gone for whatever reason. The important thing, as always, is that Hibs win (then we can reignite the argument just before the next round 😁).

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    This is a post no-one could disagree with. Hopefully those who attend on Saturday (and good on you) won't come on here after the game to have a dash at their fellow Hibbies who haven't gone for whatever reason. The important thing, as always, is that Hibs win (then we can reignite the argument just before the next round 😁).

and every subsequent round right through to the final

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Tracey advised earlier in the thread that it was based on budget and that it was a Scottish Cup game
    Elgin have a say in pricing too.

Saw a table yesterday and the vast majority of matches are £15/£5 - Hibs Elgin is the outlier, by a long way.

I dont think that Hibs are so unprofessional to think that charging £22 for playing Elgin is in any way going to maximise the crowd.

As has been noted elsewhere, we charged less for more attractive matches this season. I also dont expect Hibs to come out and say "these muppets from the highlands refused to move on the cost".

I am going along, but can imagine that a lot of families would be put off with the pricing.

Only one way I can show my feelings about the ticket prices for this game (be it Hibs fault or Elgin's fault for it) and that's not attending. Gutted to be missing a home Scottish cup tie for the first time in years but £22 is a disgrace.

Also just seen the Mascot package for the game is £125. What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post
    Only one way I can show my feelings about the ticket prices for this game (be it Hibs fault or Elgin's fault for it) and that's not attending. Gutted to be missing a home Scottish cup tie for the first time in years but £22 is a disgrace.

Gutted but boycotting?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Left by mutual consent!

So the game costs a fiver more. So what, just go along and support the team.

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Who exactly are you showing your feelings to? Your absence will not be noticed yet you claim to be gutted at your self imposed absence!

@hibs.net private member
    How much would Hibs lose out on if it was reduced to £15 & £5?

Not very much would be my guess

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Agree only home game in January and Scottish cup sounds great.

How much would Hibs lose out on if it was reduced to £15 & £5?

Not very much would be my guess
    £7 each adult ticket sold would be my guess

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    £7 each adult ticket sold would be my guess
    If gate is halved then £3.50 per adult which may be around 5000. So around £17,500? And then is there VAT to take off that?

And if it put another 1000 on the gate then take another £1750 off it as well.

As I said, no very much
    Last edited by BoomtownHibees; 19-01-2019 at 09:17 AM.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    If gate is halved then £3.50 per adult which may be around 5000. So around £17,500? And then is there VAT to take off that?

And if it put another 1000 on the gate then take another £1750 off it as well.

As I said, no very much
    Bigger crowd means more stewards etc, so you can take that cost of any potential profit.

I think everyone agrees that the price is too high. Wouldn’t personally miss a hibs home Scottish Cup tie for the sake of £5 or £7 though

I think everyone agrees that the price is too high. Wouldn’t personally miss a hibs home Scottish Cup tie for the sake of £5 or £7 though
    As I've said previously tho fine if you don't have kids but £5 or £7 Is a lot of money to some a week before pay day when you haven't been paid since 20 Dec or whatever. Far too many financial experts on here...if u can afford to go great if u can't u don't need a bashing off your fellow fans. Hibs got this wrong end of story and the gate will suffer today because of it. Personally I think Season ticket holders should get tickets for cup ties like this for around a £10...that's just my own personal opinion

@hibs.net private member
    Neither would I and will be there today

As I've said previously tho fine if you don't have kids but £5 or £7 Is a lot of money to some a week before pay day when you haven't been paid since 20 Dec or whatever. Far too many financial experts on here...if u can afford to go great if u can't u don't need a bashing off your fellow fans. Hibs got this wrong end of story and the gate will suffer today because of it. Personally I think Season ticket holders should get tickets for cup ties like this for around a £10...that's just my own personal opinion

I’m not bashing anyone who cannot afford it. However there are some who seem to take great delight in telling folk they aren’t going.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar

How do you know?

To paraphrase yourself "far too many people willing to bash Hibs on here"

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    How do you know?

To paraphrase yourself "far too many people willing to bash Hibs on here"
    Mate I love Hibs but they deserve a bashing for this...THE most expensive cup tie in the country this weekend...it's short sighted and a fingers up to the fans who bought STs in record numbers this Season...

Say someone wants to take their kids. An extra £7 per ticket makes it an extra £21 for an adult and two kids.

I don’t think many people would miss it for the sake of a fiver for the own ticket. But families are probably being priced out today. Which is a shame when there’ll be 15,000 empty seats.

I’m not bashing anyone who cannot afford it. However there are some who seem to take great delight in telling folk they aren’t going.
    Fair enough but telling people £5 or £7 Is nothing is in my opinion having a go at some who may be a bit light in the pocket this close to pay day...that's all I meant

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Say someone wants to take their kids. An extra £7 per ticket makes it an extra £21 for an adult and two kids.

I don’t think many people would miss it for the sake of a fiver for the own ticket. But families are probably being priced out today. Which is a shame when there’ll be 15,000 empty seats.
    Completely agree mate. £30 for me and my son today. Not all our season ticket holders are part of a family group though

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

Thanks the point I've been trying to make