hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True. But if yer auntie hud baws we'd maybe have signed someone else who can influence games in so many more ways than scoring.
    Exactly. Mallan has already scored more goals for us this season than McGeouch, McGinn and Allan combined managed last season but I’d swap Mallan and his goals for any one of them in a heartbeat.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by King Efe View Post

I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum and twitter and the facebook pages is the above. So yes I think they do
    My point was there's a bit of a lack of support from many supporters.

He is a young guy who has only been at the club a few months. Those months have coincided with a horrific injury list and the departure of several of our best players.
    He has played practically every game since he arrived after a season of mostly inactivity at his previous club.
    Some of the stuff said about him both here and on other fan platforms has been both nasty and unfair.
    Give him a bit of time in a settled side playing behind the strikers and I think we will have a player on our hands.
    Not that he hasn't chipped in with numerous goals and assists already.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    He is a young guy who has only been at the club a few months. Those months have coincided with a horrific injury list and the departure of several of our best players.
    He has played practically every game since he arrived after a season of mostly inactivity at his previous club.
    Some of the stuff said about him both here and on other fan platforms has been both nasty and unfair.
    Give him a bit of time in a settled side playing behind the strikers and I think we will have a player on our hands.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Good post . Some absolutely brutal pish directed at him on here at times .

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Hmmmm!

Stevie Mallan has scored nine goals from twenty eight games which is a good return from any midfielder
    His last two coming against Hamilton in a 6-0 win at Easter Road in an excellent team performance on 6th October
    He has played a lot of football since arriving from Barnsley and was perhaps looking forward to his winter break
    Since the Hamilton game I can only remember one game when he was truly outstanding versus Celtic on 16/12/18 in a fine 2-0 win where he played a deeper lying role
    I would say he has possibly suffered through having to play this new deep lying role and feel as others have said that he may benefit by playing further forward in order to utilise his undoubted shooting ability
    I feel that he is an undoubted talent but lately he has been inconsistent and is still trying to find his true position
    Hopefully he will find his niche in our new midfield prove all the doubters wrong and go on to become a HIBS legend

GGTTH
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 07-01-2019 at 08:52 PM.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

this

I thought it was gonna be a brilliant strike. Missing something?

As BILLYHIBS alluded to above Mallan's best game was probably against Celtic where he seemed far more up for it than he had been in other games with his movement and closing players down far more in evidence.

There is without doubt a player in there and perhaps it is true that he is in a midfield where he is expected to do more spadework than a player of his style would want to have to do …. It shouldn't be forgotten that a few players over the years have taken a while to get going, John McGinn was one for a bit and I remember Stuart Lovell from the Sauzee team being a target for the boo boys until he suddenly blossomed and became an integral part of the team.

As for goals in training … meh meh meh …. I scored one like that at walking football a few months ago from a bit closer but into goals half that size, it doesn't mean I could play in the Scottish premiership

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    As BILLYHIBS alluded to above Mallan's best game was probably against Celtic where he seemed far more up for it than he had been in other games with his movement and closing players down far more in evidence.

There is without doubt a player in there and perhaps it is true that he is in a midfield where he is expected to do more spadework than a player of his style would want to have to do …. It shouldn't be forgotten that a few players over the years have taken a while to get going, John McGinn was one for a bit and I remember Stuart Lovell from the Sauzee team being a target for the boo boys until he suddenly blossomed and became an integral part of the team.

As for goals in training … meh meh meh …. I scored one like that at walking football a few months ago from a bit closer but into goals half that size, it doesn't mean I could play in the Scottish premiership
    I thought he was outstanding against Celtic bordering on exceptional. Sadly had a stinker in the very next game against Rangers. He's without doubt a player and considering he's only just joined us and come into a new midfield he's done very well imo. He'll be a huge player for us in the seasons to come. The annoying thing for Mallan is that it's like going on the karaoke straight after Leona Lewis. The boys that left last season are still fresh in the mind.
    Last edited by SirDavidsNapper; 08-01-2019 at 07:00 AM.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Totally agree as you say young guy with serious talent being skewered on a daily basis. Time for supporters to support, his performances earlier in the season and also Celtic were excellent a bit of patience required.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This place is nuts!

I heard that Joe Tortolano was brilliant in Training

Any news of any signings?
    The ignore filter is really handy - but only if you’ve logged in. Otherwise things just get messi. In all my time on the boards - pretty much since the Hibs list evolved I’ve never had to use the ignore feature. Now I’ve got what I hope is not a growing list but it’s gone from zero a couple of weeks ago.

Regular contributors are posting that they are contributing less frequently. Let’s not weight ourselves down and get caught in the mire. Only left once for a few jones around the relegation after Dundee United when it got pretty bad. Hope we can pull away from that is it is a great place. Let’s keep it that way. Maybe I’m just getting old 😎

It’s become tiresome with the “hope im wrong”. Be good if the The realisation of what we actually had accurred when we actually had a player rather than an Epitaph (which was another train crash of a thread).
    Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 08-01-2019 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    The ignore filter is really handy - but only if you’ve not logged in. Otherwise things just get messi
    Agree! But my ignore file is getting kinda full

As Nae Nookie said he scored a similiar goal playing walking football a few months ago ???

PS

Joe Tortolano much maligned was one of my heroes

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    The ignore filter is really handy - but only if you’ve not logged in. Otherwise things just get messi. In all my time on the boards - pretty much since the Hibs list evolved I’ve never had to use the ignore feature. Now I’ve got what I hope is not a growing list. Regular contributors are posting that they are contributing less frequently. Let’s not weight ourselves down and get caught in the mire. Only left once for a few jones around the relegation after Dundee United when it got pretty bad. Hope we can pull away from that is it is a great place. Let’s keep it that way. Maybe I’m just getting old 😎

It’s become tiresome with the “hope im wrong”. Be good if the The realisation of what we actually had accurred when we actually had a player rather than an Epitaph (which was another train crash of a thread).
    Agree 100% with your extended post

I also liked what you did with”messi”

My own ignore list has grown in the carnage that has been this stop start season

I agree I would like it to return to empty as at the end of the day we are all HIBS supporters and want the same thing

The Stevie Mallan training strike was only a practice in a training kick about

Let us hope he can give us more of the real thing once the new season gets underway

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    We all know it was only in training ffs! Still a great strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Agree! Great strike but only training

Do you want added to my list ?

@hibs.net private member
    this is is a lovely piece of football skill from Mallan ..hope we get the ball to him further up the pitch in the second half of the season - there are not that many with this level of consistency in their toolkit

I struggle to think of anyone better i've seen at Hibs striking a ball from that distance. There's a high chance it'll end up in the back of the net. Riordan is the only one i can think of that comes close.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This place is nuts!

I heard that Joe Tortolano was brilliant in Training

Any news of any signings?
    Archibald said he was the best crosser of a ball he played with.

Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    Archibald said he was the best crosser of a ball he played with.
    Agree! He could whip in a mean cross with that left peg

Testimonial Due
    Very true great goal, but its our defending you really need to look at!!!
    That's twice in a couple of weeks we've lost a goal like that!!!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It was a nice finish.

One of the replies I saw to the Hibs official account when they posted the video asked for a similar video of him winning a 50/50. Pretty sure the guy claims to be a Hibs fan but clearly takes delight in rubbishing the players/club. What pleasure do folk get in that?

How many games is it since he last scored for first team Seems ages ago Even the number of shots he is having on goal seem to be far fewer Symptomatic of teams dip in form but even on our last run of unbeaten games he didn't score I don't think We are not creating same amount of free kicks iether In the Hearts game st Tyncastke he had several pops at goal that nearly paid off
    Don't know if he has been asked to play a different role in some games but we need to get back to playing g in a style that allows him to get back scoring At start of Season you would have thought he was a vert to score nearer 20 goals by end of the Season
    Maybe that was expecting too much and he went through goal droughts at St Mirren as well but came back to form again

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Mallan is a good player. He needs a settled team and formation and we'll begin to see him showing the soft of form that had so many teams following him when he was at St Mirren. We're in a rebuilding season, that doesn't mean we write the season off but it does mean that we're going to see some poor performances as we try find the right balance as not everything is going to click first time.

The league is still pretty tight, let's see what the team looks like after Jan and what the table looks like come the end of May.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    The man speaketh...

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...form-1-4853610

Some open yet perhaps naive quotes that you just know will be coming back at him on these boards -did he not read Benjis quote about Real Madrid ? :)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.