hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I wish

I wish

Back in the day ET picked out star players. Alan Gordon quality. Wee mickey for £13,000 Nijinsky was a joy to watch purely for his enthusiasm... happy days...OH and Sloop was the best most cultured defender i saw in my not short lived puff. John Blackley epitomised Hibs total class outfit.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by IDHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Back in the day ET picked out star players. Alan Gordon quality. Wee mickey for £13,000 Nijinsky was a joy to watch purely for his enthusiasm... happy days...OH and Sloop was the best most cultured defender i saw in my not short lived puff. John Blackley epitomised Hibs total class outfit.
    Could be wrong, but wasn't Nijinksky signed by Willie McFarlane?

I wish I was a little bit taller
    I wish I was a baller
    I wish I had a girl who looked good, I would call her
    I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
    And a six four Impala

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    I wish I was a baller
    And a six four Impala
    I wish I could fly
    Right up to the sky
    But I can't
    (You can!)
    Naw! Ah cannae, as tells ye!!

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    I wish we had a Manager like Eddie Turnbull who knew the style and system he wanted to play knew the players he wanted (Herriot, Edwards and Gordon) and just went out and got them at fairly cheap to reasonable prices got his team together drilled the system into them religiously and played the same eleven for thirty months and at the end of it all they all knew each other’s game inside out

A joy to behold for any hibee like myself who witnessed such a great team it was like watching a game of chess on the football pitch

No disrespect to Neil Lennon but I am aware that what we witnessed was a once a once in a lifetime experience and that it ain’t gonna happen in the modern era.

Like Eddie Turnbulls team nothing lasts forever and for Neil Lennon the clock is ticking in this transfer window I am sure hope WISH pray he will turn things around
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 05-01-2019 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    I wish I was a baller
    And a six four Impala
    *Andy McNeil's hibs.net username revealed*

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    I wish we had a Manager like Eddie Turnbull who knew the style and system he wanted to play knew the players he wanted (Herriot, Edwards and Gordon) and just went out and got them at fairly cheap to reasonable prices got them team together drilled the system into them religiously and played the same eleven for thirty months and at the end of it all they all knew each other’s game inside out

A joy to behold for any hibee like myself who witnessed such a great team it was like watching a game of chess on the football pitch

No disrespect to Neil Lennon but I am aware that what we witnessed was a once a once in a lifetime experience and that it ain’t gonna happen in the modern era.

Like Eddie Turnbulls team nothing lasts forever and for Neil Lennon the clock is ticking in this transfer window I am sure hope WISH pray he will turn things around
    ...Happy days indeed Billy,but even in the sixties we had some braw players.

Coaching Staff
    I wish we had a Manager like Eddie Turnbull who knew the style and system he wanted to play knew the players he wanted (Herriot, Edwards and Gordon) and just went out and got them at fairly cheap to reasonable prices got them team together drilled the system into them religiously and played the same eleven for thirty months and at the end of it all they all knew each other’s game inside out

What can I say but your wish is my wish, a team that played for the shirt. Happy days loved them.

I wish we had a Manager like Eddie Turnbull who knew the style and system he wanted to play knew the players he wanted (Herriot, Edwards and Gordon) and just went out and got them at fairly cheap to reasonable prices got his team together drilled the system into them religiously and played the same eleven for thirty months and at the end of it all they all knew each other’s game inside out

He was a man well ahead of his time was our Eddie like. That team of his should've won a lot more. It must've been a joy to watch them mate.

Left by mutual consent!
    Wish we had never sold SJM to such a p@sh team. In fact I wish we had never sold him at all. No one in the team to grab the game by the scruff on the neck like he did.

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Wish we had never sold SJM to such a p@sh team. In fact I wish we had never sold him at all. No one in the team to grab the game by the scruff on the neck like he did.
    True mate he's sadly missed like we should've just let his contract run out this season

Left by mutual consent!
    Just saying Villa are rank. We should have gave him a £1m for a 2 year extension.
    Last edited by southsider; 05-01-2019 at 04:48 PM.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar

Sure I seen it somewhere that the turnbull tornadoes only played together about 22 times so no where near 30 months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Ned came to Hibs after Dave (Rangers are rubbish) left in 1971. We got to the Cup Final but our bottled crashed. Left Hampden as a broken hearted 12 year old

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar

Did Eddie Turnbull not break the bank when he signed Joe Harper?

I wish, number one was Ambrose, number two was Ambrose, number three was Ambrose....
    Etc etc......

Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    Did Eddie Turnbull not break the bank when he signed Joe Harper?
    And so it begins.....

Eddie Turnbull decided to break up the Tornadoes after their loss to Hadjuk Split 4-5 in the ECWCQF a massive disappointment

He decided to sign his goalden boy from Aberdeen Joe Harper a player sold to Everton for £180000 he decided to buy for £120000 Aberdeen matched our offer but later withdrew it Harper hoping to scupper his move to HIBS demanded a 15k tax free signing on fee and the same wages as at Everton surprisingly Tom Hart agreed

I attended his debut at Brockville and to say it was a disappointment is a massive understatement he was fat overweight unfit and one of our heroes was sat on the bench

He was a good player without any doubt but was never accepted by the HIBS fans

Tom Hart wanted a return on his investment and decided to sell Cropley ORourke and Gordon

Yes I would say we broke the bank and the club but as Joe Harper said himself “ Do you think I would have left Everton for less money?”

It was the beginning of the end of the best HIBS team I have ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by madabouthibs View Post
    I wish, number one was Ambrose, number two was Ambrose, number three was Ambrose....
    Etc etc......
    Was that an Efe moment? 😁

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Ned came to Hibs after Dave (Rangers are rubbish) left in 1971. We got to the Cup Final but our bottled crashed. Left Hampden as a broken hearted 12 year old
    Dave Ewing said Rangers are rubbish after a draw in a semi final we lost the replay to a Willie Henderson goal but yes I too was the tearful 12 year old leaving Hampden Park around about that time all to be ended on 9th December 1972 Scottish League Cup Final 2-1 win versus Celtic

GGTTH

Yogi????

Dave Ewing said Rangers are rubbish after a draw in a semi final we lost the replay to a Willie Henderson goal but yes I too was the tearful 12 year old leaving Hampden Park around about that time all to be ended on 9th December 1972 Scottish League Cup Final 2-1 win versus Celtic

GGTTH
    i was 15 and totally gutted...mind you Dixie Deans handled the baw and was well offside for his other 2...gimme Nijinsky or Marinello cutting in and shoving it to the weedgies any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Connollys11 View Post
    He was a man well ahead of his time was our Eddie like. That team of his should've won a lot more. It must've been a joy to watch them mate.
    it was... check out wee Mickeys ball to Gordon for the second goal of the 0-7 humping.... that ball from Edwards was genious. Played with his head up saw things others didn't

And so it begins.....

Eddie Turnbull decided to break up the Tornadoes after their loss to Hadjuk Split 4-5 in the ECWCQF a massive disappointment

He decided to sign his goalden boy from Aberdeen Joe Harper a player sold to Everton for £180000 he decided to buy for £120000 Aberdeen matched our offer but later withdrew it Harper hoping to scupper his move to HIBS demanded a 15k tax free signing on fee and the same wages as at Everton surprisingly Tom Hart agreed

I attended his debut at Brockville and to say it was a disappointment is a massive understatement he was fat overweight unfit and one of our heroes was sat on the bench

He was a good player without any doubt but was never accepted by the HIBS fans

Tom Hart wanted a return on his investment and decided to sell Cropley ORourke and Gordon

Yes I would say we broke the bank and the club but as Joe Harper said himself “ Do you think I would have left Everton for less money?”

It was the beginning of the end of the best HIBS team I have ever seen
    “Sheer football delight....this green machine”.

https://youtu.be/ppM_MbCh4cA

The Match was actually a lot closer than the score suggests ��

Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    Sure I seen it somewhere that the turnbull tornadoes only played together about 22 times so no where near 30 months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    bull****...barring injuries imposed on them by Huns, soapies and Johnny Love . Turnbull was a brilliant man... Bremner in for onion ? you had to be there

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    bull****...barring injuries imposed on them by Huns, soapies and Johnny Love . Turnbull was a brilliant man... Bremner in for onion ? you had to be there
    With the amount of times you have been corrected on things from that era I'm beginning to doubt you were there!!

Ha Ha!

I Met Johnny Love in the Cask Southside last week the first thing he said to me was “ It wisnae me that broke John Brownlies leg!”

IIRC it was Ian Printy

He went on to tell me he had been over in Spain and met Jackie MacNamara SNR and showed me images on his phone of them in a local hostelry

We also had a young Bobby Smith and Derek Spalding coming through who both were emerging talents

Mickey Edwards was a brilliant midfielder who could hit a fifty pence piece from fifty yards with his precision passing and got sent off in that bad tempered match versus East Fife at Easter Road and got a three month ban

I think East Fife had decided they were not going to get embarrassed like Hearts did a week earlier

[QUOTE=allant1981;5655688]With the amount of times you have been corrected on things from that era I'm beginning to doubt you were there!![/QUOTE
    ****in justify that statement.....

Ha Ha!

I Met Johnny Love in the Cask Southside last week the first thing he said to me was “ It wisnae me that broke John Brownlies leg!”

IIRC it was Ian Printy

He went on to tell me he had been over in Spain and met Jackie MacNamara SNR and showed me images on his phone of them in a local hostelry

We also had a young Bobby Smith and Derek Spalding coming through who both were emerging talents

Mickey Edwards was a brilliant midfielder who could hit a fifty pence piece from fifty yards with his precision passing and got sent off in that bad tempered match versus East Fife at Easter Road and got a three month ban

I think East Fife had decided they were not going to get embarrassed like Hearts did a week earlier
    or like Ayr united were mind you i wisnae their ...all a figment of my oft corrected imagination just like i wisnae at the Napoli game, Sporting Lisbon. Liverpool and Leeds home and away. yonder **** dissing me is pure trolling

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    With the amount of times you have been corrected on things from that era I'm beginning to doubt you were there!!
    You talk ***** son... followed all my days as do my boys, daughter and grandaughters...you know **** all

You talk ***** son... followed all my days as do my boys, daughter and grandaughters...you know **** all
    You really are an angry man on here at times.