hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hibs scarfs

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In my eyes HIBS green is always a darker close to bottle green not a light green which to me is more a Celtic strip colour Think the dark green of the 2016 cup winning strip or the Alex Cropley strip 1974-75 in the HIBS images through the years thread

Just a personal preference

If you go onto that website you put up the Celtic retro scarf is exactly the same shade of green as the”HIBS retro scarf”

I had the Hibernian Supporters scarf that a poster put up on this thread from the early sixties that is the shade of green

To give an example I went to Darkheid and the vendors were trying to pass off their light green bar scarfs as HIBS and Celtic bar scarfs

As I said just personal preference from supporting HIBS for sixty years
    Definitely a Hibs green and a Celtic green in many people’s eyes Billy, albeit we’ve had a few different shades through the years. Like you I identify with a slighter darker shade of green with being our own.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Definitely a Hibs green and a Celtic green in many people’s eyes Billy, albeit we’ve had a few different shades through the years. Like you I identify with a slighter darker shade of green with being our own.

Spot on !

We were first to wear the hoops but dark green hoops and then we went for all bottle green tops (reintroduced 2014) then in 1938 a slightly lighter green with white sleeves but to me always a darker green

The current strip has every shade of green possible

It is not only personal choice it is Hibernian tradition I know of one poster who thinks the all dark green top of the 1972/73 European Campaign is a thing of beauty

Barry photy btw