hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As much as I abhor the far right, is that not a political allegiance in itself? As such, should the expression of such views not be allowed as part of the political debate that exists on this site?

I'm always uncomfortable with the suppression of political views,no matter how much I might disagree with them. I'd far rather have them challenged and ridiculed in open debate than have them claim some sort of censorship and martyrdom.
    The site won't be a platform for extremist or racist viewpoints, if people want to express them then they can - just not here.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HNA1 View Post
    The site won't be a platform for extremist or racist viewpoints, if people want to express them then they can - just not here.
    I'm curious as to where the line is for "extremism". UKIP, for example, are a legitimate political party. Are you happy for members on here to express support for them?
    Similarly, how do you view those on here with far-left views?

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I'm curious as to where the line is for "extremism". UKIP, for example, are a legitimate political party. Are you happy for members on here to express support for them?
    Similarly, how do you view those on here with far-left views?
    I think when it crosses into racist rhetoric then the line has been crossed.

Saying immigration is bad, for example, is fine and wanted an independent UK is fine. Saying all Muslims are tax dodging taxi drivers (for example) isn't.

If we see far left posts that also are extreme then of course we'll deal with those as well.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    I think when it crosses into racist rhetoric then the line has been crossed.

Saying immigration is bad, for example, is fine and wanted an independent UK is fine. Saying all Muslims are tax dodging taxi drivers (for example) isn't.

If we see far left posts that also are extreme then of course we'll deal with those as well.
    Ok ta.

I'm not criticising, more empathising that it can't be an easy job for you. One of the "weapons" of political extremism is crying "censorship", and claiming some sort of victory.

Thatcher tried it on with Sinn Fein and made an erse of it, handing them a huge propaganda gain.

I realise that I'm starting to sound sympathetic to our departed friend, so I'll away and wash my hands. 😁

Note from the admins: we welcome debate and are happy to see points discussed between members with varied political views.

We do not have an editorial stance and as an admin team or site have no political agenda, so it makes no difference to us what your political allegiances are.

We will not be used as a forum for racism or far-right statements, and we will ban users who repeatedly post what can easily be considered racist opinions.

There is no room for racism on Hibs.net.
    Excellent post and very welcomed by most Hibs.net folk

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    bring back hanging for **** like this, infact make it a double hanging...him and his vile faither

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46751312

A man held as part of the investigation into the murder of a security guard in Mayfair on New Year's Day is the son of the banned radical cleric Abu Hamza.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    bring back hanging for **** like this, infact make it a double hanging...him and his vile faither

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46751312

A man held as part of the investigation into the murder of a security guard in Mayfair on New Year's Day is the son of the banned radical cleric Abu Hamza.
    "The force added the alleged offences were not linked to Mr Simionov's stabbing - which happened at about 05:30 - or the stabbing of three other people at the event."

Possessing a fire arm is a serious offence. But hanging???

@hibs.net private member VivaPalmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    When the first response of everyone is to make sure no one offends Muslims or Islam it's really no wonder Europe is going down the drains.

Thank **** my partner is Brazilian and we've got Bolsonaro in charge from today.
    Omg
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

....SHARE THE VISION RODNEY....

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    When the first response of everyone is to make sure no one offends Muslims or Islam it's really no wonder Europe is going down the drains.

Thank **** my partner is Brazilian and we've got Bolsonaro in charge from today.
    Just checking if we managed to find out whose first response was to make sure nobody offended Muslims or Islam?

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Just checking if we managed to find out whose first response was to make sure nobody offended Muslims or Islam?
    Nah, we are still waiting, might be a while. The right-wingers on here rarely come back with a response.