hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

How mental are Cats?

Recently our 2 cats (3 yrs old) have been brining more and more stuff in through the cat flap - not like they don’t get fed!

Today was taking the biscuit.
    Heard muffled meows from our bedroom - suspecting that one of our kitties had somehow locked themselves into a wardrobe or summit went to investigate.

Next thing we know an adult magpie is flapping and crapping around our room. She couldn’t meow because she had a mouthful of magpie!

Five mins later the bird is out and frees and a miffed kitty sniffing around the room for a bird.

I know it’s just in their nature as hunters but their too efficient (except when it comes to mice!) but wish they’d calm it down a bit!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Put a bell on them if they are that bad. They think they are contributing to the household bringing home food.

My cat has brought home some random things over the years. Highlights include part of an inner tube from a bike tyre, a bird that had clearly been dead for weeks, a crows egg and, my personal favourite, an unopened pack of Nandos peri peri chicken crisps.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Mine brought home a dead frog, by the time we found it it was dried out. I know it was dead because between then they have never caught anything. Just one of them left now and confident he wont catch anything.
    My parents had a farm kitten and a total hunter, my dad woke up to a massive noise and found the cat dragging a rabbit through the catflap!

They're just bringing in food to share with you, happy in their environment.

@hibs.net private member
    I don't really like dealing with the remains of what ours brings in (usually just a tail and what looks like a kidney if it's a mouse) but by god it's better than dealing with a mouse that he hasn't killed and trying to catch the little blighter to let him out again. Used to buy him collars with bells but he always managed to take them off. Latest one was a quid out of B&M and he hasn't figured out how to get it off yet - best pound I ever spent as he's only brought a couple of things home in the three or four months since I bought it.

Cats are mad.

Left by mutual consent!
    Mine is indoor car brings his toys up to me and the wife's hair bands. He puts them in his food bowl as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mine is indoor car brings his toys up to me and the wife's hair bands. He puts them in his food bowl as well.
    Aye, I know what you mean. 😀

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Cats are mad.
    Mine used to walk half a mile through the village to pick me up from primary school,would head of at 3.30 to pick me up at 4.

Topsy was possibly mad,but I prefer "devoted".

@hibs.net private member
    Many years ago living in a basement tenement flat off Easter Road, our cat brought a rat into the house through an open window in the middle of the night. Rat was not dead - far from it. It took ages - and the family dogs - to eventually corner the rat and remove it.

Reading this thread it's almost like none of you have taken the time to properly train your cats!

Now, whilst my cat won't fetch a stick if I throw it, she will stop clawing my bald head in the dead of the night if I scream loudly enough....

Small gains people, that's what it's all about

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Reading this thread it's almost like none of you have taken the time to properly train your cats!

Now, whilst my cat won't fetch a stick if I throw it, she will stop clawing my bald head in the dead of the night if I scream loudly enough....

You don't have to pick up cat****.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post

One of ours will play fetch with scrunched up paper.

Our sadly deceased Hamish would leave something dead behind the front door nearly every night.

Love having cats around one is sitting on my knee just now.

Left by mutual consent!
    My cat plays fetch with his toys when I throw he brings them back to me.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    My cat plays fetch with his toys when I throw he brings them back to me.
    Mines is the same thought he was the only 1 😂