hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

Avengers: Infinity Wars

I have absolutely no idea what is going on and, as much as it's brilliant to see Edinburgh in a blockbuster, I have no idea why they're there.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have absolutely no idea what is going on and, as much as it's brilliant to see Edinburgh in a blockbuster, I have no idea why they're there.

Something to do with Hulk returning a video of him and Black Widow to the video shop I believe.

I think the canon on this is that they wanted to see if they were powerful enough to cope with one of the best atmospheres in northern European football. Needless to say, they couldn't and ended up taking out their frustration in a pagger up the town.

It was dreadful.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Director visited Edinburgh on holiday, went crazy when he saw the old town and royal mile and called the studio there and then to get them onto location scouting for the film.

It was dreadful.
    Did you enjoy the previous films which built up to this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Did you enjoy the previous films which built up to this one?
    They just kept getting messier as more and more characters were included, imo. Story lines were increasingly all over the place such was the need to give every superhero some screen time and a couple of fight scenes.

Despite the intriguing teaser trailer at the end of Infinity Wars, I'll not be rushing to see the next installment.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!

Now I've actually seen the film - why not? If you're going to have a moody tree and, actually need I go on? The characters randomly taking a break in one of Europe's beautiful cities doesn't impact on the register of the inexplicable!

Great film.

Loved every minutes of it, but I'm a geek so that was to be expected.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    "We will deep fry your kebab"

It was okay, I'm not an avid Avengers/marvel fan but know what all the superheroes are about, a lot of the more intricate detail was lost on me though I'd bet but I was able to just enjoy it by itself. I was a bit disappointed by how much was actually in Edinburgh though - I thought there would have been a few more scenes.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    "We will deep fry your kebab"

It was okay, I'm not an avid Avengers/marvel fan but know what all the superheroes are about, a lot of the more intricate detail was lost on me though I'd bet but I was able to just enjoy it by itself. I was a bit disappointed by how much was actually in Edinburgh though - I thought there would have been a few more scenes.
    Might still be in the sequel 😉

Anyway, brilliant film, can’t wait for Endgame

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post

can’t wait for Endgame
    Now this I can agree with!

They just kept getting messier as more and more characters were included, imo. Story lines were increasingly all over the place such was the need to give every superhero some screen time and a couple of fight scenes.

Despite the intriguing teaser trailer at the end of Infinity Wars, I'll not be rushing to see the next installment.
    Cool. I'm a big fan so I think it's an amazing achievement to bring it all together after 20 odd films. Especially when you compare to the recent DC films which are just a mess for me.

Looking forward to the Captain Marvel film to see how that's gonna tie into Endgame.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    I thought Age of Ultron was so disappointing but Infinity Wars was fantastic. I think the Thor films are the best character ones, especially the last one. Loved the Captain Marvel trailer (Coulson back in the films!) and can’t wait to see Endgame. It’s a terrific series of films. Knocks Star Wars out the park hands down.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Cool. I'm a big fan so I think it's an amazing achievement to bring it all together after 20 odd films. Especially when you compare to the recent DC films which are just a mess for me.

Looking forward to the Captain Marvel film to see how that's gonna tie into Endgame.
    What’s happening after the next Avengers? Back to individual films with the odd crossover or is there the start of a new build up to something?

My wife loves the superhero films so I’ve seen them all. Some good ones in there like the last Thor, and thought Wonder Women and Superman films have been decent, but I am getting a bit bored of the endless stream of superhero films. When they start making Ant Man & Aqua Man films (I know they’re seperate studios) they’ve taken the cash cow too far IMO.

Prefer the X-Men films myself. Always seems to be too much going on in the Avengers movies.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    The Dark Knight trilogy won't be beaten for the best superhero films. The rest of the DC films suck though.

My next favourites are Guardians of the Galaxy, Spiderman 1 (Toby mcguire) and the Thor movies.

For me the Avengers films have now gotten too messy with so many characters.

I really recommend the Spider-Man Into The Spider verse film. I’ve not seen animation like it.

Not to everyone’s taste but something of s landmark in superhero films

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    I really recommend the Spider-Man Into The Spider verse film. I’ve not seen animation like it.

Not to everyone’s taste but something of s landmark in superhero films
    I saw this movie today and thought it was absolutely amazing. My favourite movie from 2018.

I agree, it's been some undertaking to bring 10 years worth of films into two, there have been some great movies and some average, thing about marvel is that they are never less than a 7/10 but going up to a 9 or 10 with Ragnarok, I read the comics as a kid and never thought I'd see a day when this all happened, looking forward to end game to see how it pans out and how they will go from here

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    What’s happening after the next Avengers? Back to individual films with the odd crossover or is there the start of a new build up to something?

My wife loves the superhero films so I’ve seen them all. Some good ones in there like the last Thor, and thought Wonder Women and Superman films have been decent, but I am getting a bit bored of the endless stream of superhero films. When they start making Ant Man & Aqua Man films (I know they’re seperate studios) they’ve taken the cash cow too far IMO.
    In terms of what comes next, it’s no coincidence that the next film is pretty much back to the original Avengers line up, plus a few others. Doesn’t take a genius to question whether they all get through this alive.

I think we’ve seen the last Iron Man and Thor films and the next phase will focus more on Black Panther, Spidey and the Guardians. Plus a Widow film. No doubt with more crossovers but not on this scale

In terms of what comes next, it’s no coincidence that the next film is pretty much back to the original Avengers line up, plus a few others. Doesn’t take a genius to question whether they all get through this alive.

I think we’ve seen the last Iron Man and Thor films and the next phase will focus more on Black Panther, Spidey and the Guardians. Plus a Widow film. No doubt with more crossovers but not on this scale
    I'm thinking even more crossovers considering they will soon have the rights to X-Men Deadpool and The fantastic four soon enough.

Also there are few rumours of a Thor 4 kicking about recently.Think Downey Jr and Chris Evans are done though.

I thought Black Panther was pretty disappointing after all the hype, but then one or two of the others have been too. In general I really like the whole genre particularly after reading them as a kid.

My Saturday mornings were: playing for St Catherine's, butcher's shop on the way home to pick up a big egg box for the guinea pig, into the newsagent for Spider man comic, cream egg/fondant bear and Toffee Treets/Chocolate treets (Minstrels pre-cursor), then Grandstand for the rest of the day. Bliss.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    I thought Black Panther was pretty disappointing after all the hype, but then one or two of the others have been too. In general I really like the whole genre particularly after reading them as a kid.

My Saturday mornings were: playing for St Catherine's, butcher's shop on the way home to pick up a big egg box for the guinea pig, into the newsagent for Spider man comic, cream egg/fondant bear and Toffee Treets/Chocolate treets (Minstrels pre-cursor), then Grandstand for the rest of the day. Bliss.
    That sounds like a good day!

I didn’t read many comics as a youngster but did get into Watchmen and a few of the other graphic novels in my 20s.

I thought Black Panther was ground breaking in terms of the roles for women. Quite unique to have most of the most compelling characters be women. Also think Michael B. Jordan is a brilliant actor and his Kilgore was much more interesting than your average Marvel villain. The villains have typically been the weak links in the films IMO.

The trailer for the new Spider-Man film looks decent 😉