hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: mourinho oot

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good amount of chatter about Laurent Blanc going there as a caretaker until season's end.....
    Could be a good move: steady the ship for a few months.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Could be a good move: steady the ship for a few months.
    Think the logic is that he may be able to get the best out of Pogba and persuade Martial to sign a new contract.

Not sure if that's just because he's French or if he's had dealings with them before?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    What do you think?

I think they'll go for Zidane but not sure that would be a great appointment for them. He strikes me as another that'll just strive for instant first team success and just buy world class players to do so.

I get the idea of that and why that is appealing but IMO they should be looking to appoint someone who will build something long term. I personally think they should go for Pochettino from Spurs. Lets face it, he would go and money isn't really an object for them so they'd be able to do a deal with Spurs.

Sounds like a dream for Utd.

I think their signing policy is based on how big a player’s Instagram following is.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Good amount of chatter about Laurent Blanc going there as a caretaker until season's end.....
    Was he not touted as a successor to Fergie

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Was he not touted as a successor to Fergie

That is what they need rather than a new manager.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Hope pochettino stays put at spurs , new stadium seems like they r ready to push on .

Fergie til end of season on the other hand that I’d love to see.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalOrder View Post
    Hope pochettino stays put at spurs , new stadium seems like they r ready to push on .

Given his recent health issues I think Fergie's wife would put the foot down there.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    He got Cardiff relegated
    Well it's going to be him it looks like..

If it is Solskjaer (sic) he's too late for McGinn but might be after Ryan!!

No chance of Ferguson going back in charge, especially since he was in intensive care from a brain haemorrhage just 7 months ago.

Left by mutual consent!

Wouldnt be surprised at that.
    Would soon sort out Pogba,Lingaard and co.

Then next season Zidane or Poch.

Neither would go sooner.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Who’s fav for the Caretaker’s job

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GlasMatt PSN ID: mrxblaikiex
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Who’s fav for the Caretaker’s job
    Ole Gunner Solksjar with Phelan as assistant seems to be the chat on Twitter.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blaikie View Post
    Ole Gunner Solksjar with Phelan as assistant seems to be the chat on Twitter.
    Interesting

That photo on the BBC site of Mourinho smirking in the back of a chauffeur driven car is that of a cat that got the cream.

The relief on his face is palpable and the satisfaction in driving away with millions in your bank account is the stuff of dreams for most of us.

I actually like the guy.

He's one of footballs true characters.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer as manager until the end of the season? Please let the rumour be true.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Ole Gunnar Solksjær named as interim manager until the end of the season.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    That’s a shocker for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    That photo on the BBC site of Mourinho smirking in the back of a chauffeur driven car is that of a cat that got the cream.

The relief on his face is palpable and the satisfaction in driving away with millions in your bank account is the stuff of dreams for most of us.

I actually like the guy.

He's one of footballs true characters.
    I don't like him but you're right about the TV pix. He looked about ten years younger!

He orchestrated his move away, clearly obvious to see, another big pay day.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I think OGS is a great appointment by them, i think it's brave but i reckon it'll work.

I know it sounds a bit daft but i think too much emphasis on previous managerial results. Just because his Cardiff team failed doesn't mean his future teams will fail. Every manager has different attributes that will be suited to different players in different situations. It isn't championship manager, there's not a blueprint for success that'll work every time.

From what i can see the Man U players need to be loved a wee bit, they will benefit hugely from someone with softer man management skills and they'll benefit from having someone that knows the nuts and bolts of the make up of the club.

IMO they're good players, he just needs to get them feeling good about themselves again and he strikes me as someone that'll do that well.

I thought he came across brilliantly when we played them earlier in the season so i really hope he is a success.

Delighted as won £500 off SKYBet on this news. Had £250 at evens in August he wouldn't be Manager on Christmas Day .. had a sweat on as it didn't look likely!!

He is a little tit.. and hopefully it's the last wee see of him

Thought he was doing a fine job though #BlueMoon

Left by mutual consent!
    Molde have literally loaned him out to Man Utd. It’s agreed that he goes back to Molde in the summer 😂

As poor as Mourinho was some of the stories leaking out do suggest the entire structure of the club is outdated and needs an overhaul. Perhaps it's a legacy of the totally immersive style Fergie had for so many years.

As an example Mourinho was apparently unhappy he couldn't sign Harry Macguire in the summer in part because of Leicesters asking price. I think he has a point when he's said to have asked why none of the 52 scouts Man Utd employ had noticed him playing for Hull a season earlier when he could have been signed for a fraction of the price. 52 scouts and not one noticed a young guy, his name had never been mentioned, who would be an England regular within months? Something is well wrong there.

I'm far from suggesting Mourinho is blameless. His whole philosophy looks prehistoric in the face of the pressing dynamism of modern teams but the problems lie far, far deeper.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    As poor as Mourinho was some of the stories leaking out do suggest the entire structure of the club is outdated and needs an overhaul. Perhaps it's a legacy of the totally immersive style Fergie had for so many years.

As an example Mourinho was apparently unhappy he couldn't sign Harry Macguire in the summer in part because of Leicesters asking price. I think he has a point when he's said to have asked why none of the 52 scouts Man Utd employ had noticed him playing for Hull a season earlier when he could have been signed for a fraction of the price. 52 scouts and not one noticed a young guy, his name had never been mentioned, who would be an England regular within months? Something is well wrong there.

I'm far from suggesting Mourinho is blameless. His whole philosophy looks prehistoric in the face of the pressing dynamism of modern teams but the problems lie far, far deeper.
    You only have to look at the rapport Pep has with his team to see what was wrong with Jose' style..

Quote Originally Posted by IWasThere2016 View Post
    You only have to look at the rapport Pep has with his team to see what was wrong with Jose' style..
    No doubt he comes across as an arrogant buffoon. I wouldn't want to give 100% for him.

Getting rid of him isn't a quick fix though. United probably have a 4-5 year rebuilding job to get back to the top table.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

The English commentators we get over here have suggested repeatedly that David Gill stepping down at the same time as Fergie did was an enormous loss of knowledge for the club as a whole.....