hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flo

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All I pointed out was how many appearances he has made so far. Maybe you could strip the ones out you don’t want to count ����
    The number of appearances is a near-useless metric, because obviously there are cases where players are only on the pitch for 5 or 10 minutes as a late sub. Flo's stint at Grasshoppers looks terrible if you look at his 5 goals in 40-odd appearances, but when you put it down to about 1 goal every 270 minutes (i.e. 1 goal every 3 games-worth of time), then his stats look a bit more realistic.

Maclaren's definitely been a bit off this season, compared to last, but those 13 appearances include 6 games with less than 30 minutes game time. His scoring rate is still only 1 goal in 520 minutes, which is not good enough for someone whose primary job is scoring goals, so obviously Jamie and Hibs have to work that issue out somehow.

Basically, goals-per-appearance is a terrible metric. Goals-per-time-played is much better, though likely imperfect for some other reason...

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All I pointed out was how many appearances he has made so far. Maybe you could strip the ones out you don’t want to count 👍🏼
    And again it's a daft thing to mention, I'm sure in about 3 of those games he played a combined time of about 5 minutes, so you can't really judge a player on that, yes the games where he has had more time he could and possibly should have scored more, think 3 on the bounce he played minimum of an hour, these are the games to judge him on