hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slivka

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Wow. I thought he was decent on the ball but dire off it, sat off and gave their midfield so much space.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Very strong tonight.

Good game from him. Tough one for all of our midfield because rangers were good but he was our best one.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by essexhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where did Mallan play for St Mirren when he had the wonder season? Are we playing him in that same position? He just doesn’t look comfortable there
    Good question. I seem to remember him as an attacking midfielder but can't be sure. I agree though, he's clearly a talented footballer but I'm not sure at the moment if his all round game is good enough for the SPL. I hope a bit of coaching and time in the gym will sort him out.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Shame we couldn’t capitalise on a couple of those fantastic balls he played.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I’m not agreeing with the majority tonight to be honest.

He was alright but felt the whole midfield were completely overrun. Don’t think any of our midfielders could be classed as outstanding.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Thought he was pretty anonymous in the first half tbh but was good in the second.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

He was alright but felt the whole midfield were completely overrun. Don’t think any of our midfielders could be classed as outstanding.
    Agree. I don’t think the shape helped though. We played narrow and the played with width so they had an out ball every time they got it.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar

That’s the way I saw it. The best of the midfielders, a decent enough performance but not outstanding.

He was decent, not outstanding.
    Hopefully he can get a decent run going as he is a good player.

Our midfield put in another battling performance. Yes we were overrun on many occasions but they had an extra man in there and they worked a lot harder than Celtic did. Got to be happy with the majority. Wasnt a game for Milligan though.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Our midfield put in another battling performance. Yes we were overrun on many occasions but they had an extra man in there and they worked a lot harder than Celtic did. Got to be happy with the majority. Wasnt a game for Milligan though.
    I’m not sure Milligan is good enough to be honest. Would play Bartley ahead of him every time.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I actually thought Milligan did well in the 2nd half

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Slivka was very much anonymous for large spells of the game. Mallan is Mallan... Boyle hasn't ran past a player for weeks. Horgan and Hyndman started well with the former giving Stevenson something to aim for. I was surprised Horgan went off and thought we looked worse when he did. Hyndman teetered off as the game went in. All in all another lackluster performance from the midfield show a lack of drive and creativity.

Up front wasn't much better with the exception of Shaw making a few good runs.

Defence had a few scares from corners and 2nd balls but all in all they managed to get the job done.

And thank you Bogdan.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Where did Mallan play for St Mirren when he had the wonder season?
    In the Championship

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I’m not sure Milligan is good enough to be honest. Would play Bartley ahead of him every time.
    Milligan would start every game if it was up to me. He’s a brilliant player and one we’re lucky to have imo

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar

This!

The Rangers did to us tonight what we did to Celtic on Sunday.

They were right in our faces from the first whistle

The HIBS midfield all sat off and wanted too much time on the ball getting caught in possession Mallan giving the ball away to opposition players and constantly passing the ball backwards did not help that is why Milligan was brought on second half to shore up the midfield

Slivka was back to flitting in and out of games and Shaws got to hit the target ( twice ).

Well played Adam Bogdan

If I was a Martian from Outer Space I would have said The Rangers were the home side at times it looked a matter of time until they scored

Craig Thomson really does hate the HIBS!

Got to be happy with four points against the OF massive game on Saturday

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Anybody know what’s up with MacLaren?

Serious question

We should not be signing players with a pathetically low number of caps like Mark. Only 73! Defo not good enough. 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Anybody know what’s up with MacLaren?

Serious question
    I said on the PM board that I’m starting to wonder if he will be here after January. Think he’s made one sub appearance in six since Aberdeen. Doesn’t even seem to get a look in anymore and considering we’re probably short of a striker that seems strange.

Left by mutual consent!
    I said on the PM board that I’m starting to wonder if he will be here after January. Think he’s made one sub appearance in six since Aberdeen. Doesn’t even seem to get a look in anymore and considering we’re probably short of a striker that seems strange.
    Has an ongoing back problem I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    We should not be signing players with a pathetically low number of caps like Mark. Only 73! Defo not good enough. 🙄
    That’s great for him and all that but what’s that got to do with his performances at Hibs?

Jonathon Johanson, Shefki Kuqi, Eduardo Hurtado, Jarko Wiss and probably plenty more. International caps are an absolute irrelevance if they’re not doing it for Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Has an ongoing back problem I believe.
    would seem strange to have him on the bench most weeks in that case. Any form of back problem would probably make playing football at a professional level nigh on impossible.

Where did Mallan play for St Mirren when he had the wonder season? Are we playing him in that same position? He just doesn’t look comfortable there
    He looks a world-beater when teams stand off him and give him space, he struggles badly when he's closed down quickly.

Slivka looked better than our other midfielders tonight because he's the most comfortable under pressure - good touch, fit and plays with his head up.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Craig Thomson really does hate the HIBS!
    I deserve to be banned for saying something nice about him, but the Cheat didn't give them a stonewall penalty when Milligan stuck his arm out.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I deserve to be banned for saying something nice about him, but the Cheat didn't give them a stonewall penalty when Milligan stuck his arm out.
    It hit his shoulder,no penalty.

Very rarely gives the ball away, but we need him on it more often.

You could really see his quality on the ball tonight, like mentioned above he is by far the most confident when under pressure out of our midfielders. He clearly tired though along with rest of the midfield who put in some amount of running on Sunday. Don't think diamond helped tonight either as Slivka was often torn between closing down Barisic or staying tucked in to limit the space they had in the middle, same goes for Hyndman/Mallan in the 1st/2nd half on the opposite side. Wouldn't go with it again at Ibrox as their fullbacks are too good to be allowed as much room to drive forward as they were tonight.. A lot of us have predicted that we would see the best of VS once given a run on games in his best position and it looks like we might be seeing this at last, still just 23 as well.

Think he's our best midfielder ATM, starts every week for me. Scored some importaint goals and had some memorable moments already and he's barely played 2 games together.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Funny how this board works, a few weeks ago folk were wanting rid of Sliv in the January window...

Great player!