hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Slivka

Coaching Staff

Slivka

Told you he would score today

In all seriousness, what a good player and very intelligent user of the ball. If you watch his goal back, not only do he and Whitty play ourselves out the corner really calmly, the minute SW plays the ball to Hyndman, look how intelligent a run he makes and how athletic he is to get from one end of the pitch to the other, then has the composure to not be rash and scores a really beautiful goal. He absolutely knows once Whitty plays the pass there is a chance to score or get into the box.

Top player, needs to be played more and regularly - great performance today. He's always been a first pick for me, really good footballing brain on him. Play him in a diamond or allow him to play off the strikers he is a real threat - but what an athlete too.
    Fans were first class today too. As for Ryan Porteous..........if McKenna is valued at £8 million by the Dons He is an absolute gem, way better than McKenna even at this stage of his career.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i think quite a lot of players would have delayed just that split-second longer to take the 2nd touch and the shot would have been blocked

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i think quite a lot of players would have delayed just that split-second longer to take the 2nd touch and the shot would have been blocked
    True mate, but it was VS's movement from the minute SW made the pass that made the goal. Fair play to Shaw too, but to go one end of the pitch to the other, full pace, and have that composure - that's a top player

Unbelievable goal, great play from Hibs. Hope his injury isn’t to bad, seen he was wearing a moon boot after the game.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I've been critical of Slivka in the past and don't feel he's offered nearly enough in his time here. His performance when he came on the other week was one of the only bright spots from that game (St Mirren? or Dundee, can't remember what one it was). He was superb however first half today. If he can keep up this level of performance then he'll be like a new signing.

Fingers crossed his injury isn't too bad.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I've been critical of Slivka in the past and don't feel he's offered nearly enough in his time here. His performance when he came on the other week was one of the only bright spots from that game (St Mirren? or Dundee, can't remember what one it was). He was superb however first half today. If he can keep up this level of performance then he'll be like a new signing.

I'm biased Calum as I've always rated him, but if you look at when he played last 5 games last season he was excellent - not only his play but his assists and goal v Celtic. Dare I say he changed the game when he came on at Tynie too when we lost but he laid a chance on for Brandon Barker minutes after coming on due to him being a very athletic footballer and being very good positionally.

Always think he is best played at the tip of the diamond or on the right. He's a very fit laddie too and the run from end to end was magnificent, even if it was at the start of the match. He made the same kind of run when he scored v Celtic last time too.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    True mate, but it was VS's movement from the minute SW made the pass that made the goal. Fair play to Shaw too, but to go one end of the pitch to the other, full pace, and have that composure - that's a top player

absolutely i remember John Brownlie running the length of the pitch at Hampden, although onion took the ball with him

First Team Breakthrough
    Was it that little waste of skin brown that did him?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bodhibs View Post
    Was it that little waste of skin brown that did him?

Yes, did you not see the tackle at the game?

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WalterSobzcek
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    For those of us not there it's not included in highlights onlins. Funny that! Must be too explicit

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    For those of us not there it's not included in highlights onlins. Funny that! Must be too explicit

Is it not? It was a shocker and could easily have been a red card. High, late and zero attempt to play the ball. He knew what he was doing.

@hibs.net private member

Any news on his injury?

@hibs.net private member

I watched it again on Sportscene where they reviewed it again at the end of the match. Pundits both agreed a yellow was the right decision and that Eduardo's yellow for diving should have been a free kick for him outside the box. They said he went down "in instalments" but it was because he had been tripped and stumbled but it looked to me like he only went down when once he'd lost chance to reach the ball.

He’s one of the first names on the team sheet for with, with Efe and Porteous.

Never got the stick some have given him.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    I watched it again on Sportscene where they reviewed it again at the end of the match. Pundits both agreed a yellow was the right decision and that Eduardo's yellow for diving should have been a free kick for him outside the box. They said he went down "in instalments" but it was because he had been tripped and stumbled but it looked to me like he only went down when once he'd lost chance to reach the ball.
    Yep, he seemed to stabilise then make a conscious decision to fall.

The diamond suits him well. He's too often thrown out wide right.

Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    The diamond suits him well. He's too often thrown out wide right.
    I wasn't at the game yesterday, who played where in the diamond?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    I wasn't at the game yesterday, who played where in the diamond?
    Mallan sat deeper, Slivka on the right, Hyndman on the left and Horgan at the tip all over Brown. Mackie then came on the left for Slivka and Hyndman moved over to the right.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I'm biased Calum as I've always rated him, but if you look at when he played last 5 games last season he was excellent - not only his play but his assists and goal v Celtic. Dare I say he changed the game when he came on at Tynie too when we lost but he laid a chance on for Brandon Barker minutes after coming on due to him being a very athletic footballer and being very good positionally.

Always think he is best played at the tip of the diamond or on the right. He's a very fit laddie too and the run from end to end was magnificent, even if it was at the start of the match. He made the same kind of run when he scored v Celtic last time too.
    I've always been a big fan of him too but I do think that a mix of him not imposing himself on games and not being SJM have influenced many opinions of him.

For me, a player of undoubted quality who needs a run of games and to take his chance when he gets it.

Mallan sat deeper, Slivka on the right, Hyndman on the left and Horgan at the tip all over Brown. Mackie then came on the left for Slivka and Hyndman moved over to the right.
    Cheers

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Just seen the goal again in the highlights - what a treat, all the way from helping out Whittaker at right back then bombing the length of the pitch, tricking his way into the area and curling it home.

Mon the Slivka! More o that please!

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    He's starting to come into some form and contribute more. Frustrating that he's injured now but hopefully when fully fit he can recapture this momentum and become a vital part of the team, because he's got the ability, just needs the consistency.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Slivka just looks like class to me and always has. He’s quick, strong and composed. Injuries or rotation maybe came at all the wrong times for the fellah, who knows. Great player to have in the side.

First Team Breakthrough
    No I never, couldn't manage, hence why I asked.

A bit of an aside but what tickled me most as he slid it in so majestically was the Celtc support were still singing that crude little ditty "What a ******y home support"

GIRFUY STFU!

Never to be heard again in the whole 95 minutes!!!

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    [/B]

Is it not? It was a shocker and could easily have been a red card. High, late and zero attempt to play the ball. He knew what he was doing.
    If you want to see it, it's on the BBC website.

Has a little piece of its own - Monday Jury: Should Brown have been sent off?

Testimonial Due
    I just watched the goal again. slivka ran 70 meters to make himself available on the other side. Flo runs about 40 meters to receive with options for Horgan to take a pass also.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    If you want to see it, it's on the BBC website.

Has a little piece of its own - Monday Jury: Should Brown have been sent off?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/scotland/46588222

First time I've seen it since the game, stick on red imo, dunno what Micheal Stewart is thinking by saying a yellow is suffice.