hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry to complain on the evening of a great result but didn’t see the point playing this at full time today. A large part of the crowd boosted at FT and another large part of the crowd was standing on the stairs.

It’s more special when we sing it after a huge and pulsating victory under the lights against Hearts or at Hampden. I just think it should be reserved for when everyone is up for singing it and not just the chorus.

Interested to hear peoples thoughts on this.
    Kill joy!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    Sorry to complain on the evening of a great result but didn’t see the point playing this at full time today. A large part of the crowd boosted at FT and another large part of the crowd was standing on the stairs.

It’s more special when we sing it after a huge and pulsating victory under the lights against Hearts or at Hampden. I just think it should be reserved for when everyone is up for singing it and not just the chorus.

Interested to hear peoples thoughts on this.
    There was a period (2003ish?) where it got played every week at half time to the point I hated it! As long as it doesn’t get to that stage again.

I think it’s always more atmospheric when the players walk over en masse to thank the fans. A lot of new players in the squad but to me the captain should be leading them over.

Whittaker disappeared up the tunnel the second the whistle was blown. Must have been dying on a jobbie.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I'm more concerned you and Daz walked into Black Ivy last week looking like you were on a Polar expedition with that furry collar nonsense going on

SoL always has a place when we win, whenever I hear it, it means we have got the 3 points or we are into the next round - keep playing it - it's our song
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    I think yesterday was a fitting occasion for SoL, it was a huge result for us. It was great to see Ryan Porteous singing along as well.

Left by mutual consent!
    Always enjoy listening and singing to Sunshine on Leith no matter what the occasion is

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    We convincingly beat the current Champions. Of course it was the right time to play SOL. It was just a shame that so many people had left before the final whistle.

More controversial was whoever decided to cut short ‘Streets of Edinburgh’ and play ‘Paradise’ just before the game started.

Agree it should be kept for special performances / events, otherwise it gets devalued. Suspect Hibs DJ thought it might look good on TV but it didn't.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Don’t suppose anyone else saw Mackie and Porteous singing along?
    I appreciate the importance of not over-doing it but I found that clip a heartening one - brining the fans and young guns together. What a fantastic club we have.

Edit: Doh - I wasn’t the only one :)

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    It should only be played on truly special occasions today was not one of those days.

Having said that I can't believe we have only beat Celtic 36 times at home in the league
    This comment got me thinking how many have I seen?

Since I first started going to ER in 1962, we’ve had 18 home League wins. That’s not many. So SoL after a Celtic win maybe is warranted.

Strangely though, there have been about a third of those in last 15 years or so. Is that because we’ve better in that period or is it (more likely) that in majority of these seasons we’ve played at home twice?

Quote Originally Posted by HibsAnnouncer View Post
    Hi guys

As always I’m keen to keep an eye on feedback and try to respond where I can to feedback that is given. I was back up in the box in full control of the music played out today so, I personally take full responsibility for this being played today.

On occasions when we really need a win and we have all been behind the team when we achieve a big result I usually encourage the guys controlling the music to proceed with using Sunshine.

No doubt had we not played this today there would of been a comment with regards to us not playing it. I guess in my own opinion that there is a need to refrain from playing the track but so far this season it’s been played twice and we are half way through the season.

What’s more important....is that the Hibees are back to winning ways and it’s three points in the bag!

Thanks for the feedback guys I’ll keep taking it onboard
    Barrie
    I have an issue with playing music right up to kick off. The anticipation and noise level is not allowed to build. Stop it!

Quote Originally Posted by hibby6270 View Post
    This comment got me thinking how many have I seen?

Since I first started going to ER in 1962, we’ve had 18 home League wins. That’s not many. So SoL after a Celtic win maybe is warranted.

Strangely though, there have been about a third of those in last 15 years or so. Is that because we’ve better in that period or is it (more likely) that in majority of these seasons we’ve played at home twice?
    I did think that I've been to a disproportionate share of those wins. Suppose there had to be a trade off for missing the Tornadoes!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Best ever sunshine on Leith was after the 1-0 cup replay win against them nearly three year ago.
    No it wasn’t. It was against AEK at half time (at Easter Road obviously) two final wins the rest don’t come close.

It was perfect yesterday as it was a massive win in our season.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Agree it should be kept for special performances / events, otherwise it gets devalued. Suspect Hibs DJ thought it might look good on TV but it didn't.
    Watching the game again this evening it looked very good on tv, especially when our players are belting it out.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    No it wasn’t. It was against AEK at half time (at Easter Road obviously) two final wins the rest don’t come close.

It was perfect yesterday as it was a massive win in our season.
    Think it was before extra time.

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Derby wins only.
    Agree and add on significant cup victories

Key thing is to keep it special and not run if the Mill 👍

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lang Toun hibby View Post
    I have an issue with playing music right up to kick off. The anticipation and noise level is not allowed to build. Stop it!
    Not only the music the sheer volume you cannot hear yourself think or speak to the person standing beside you
    As the teams are about to run out it should always be to “Glory Glory Glory to the Hibees!” by Hector Nicol and right to the end “and now we’ve got a younger team ah dinnae want to brag ah only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag! “ not cut off for some modern operatic gladiator music or “Right Here Right Now!”
    Why?