hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sunshine on Leith

Sorry to complain on the evening of a great result but didn’t see the point playing this at full time today. A large part of the crowd boosted at FT and another large part of the crowd was standing on the stairs.

It’s more special when we sing it after a huge and pulsating victory under the lights against Hearts or at Hampden. I just think it should be reserved for when everyone is up for singing it and not just the chorus.

Interested to hear peoples thoughts on this.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Thought exactly the same myself. We need to use sparingly.

It should only be played on truly special occasions today was not one of those days.

Having said that I can't believe we have only beat Celtic 36 times at home in the league

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    Tend to agree. I said to my daughter today that it seems to be played when we get a victory. Needs to be saved for big and significant games.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Scrooges alive and kicking on here.

Can't believe we've got folk greeting about this.

We beat the reigning champions, gave them a stuffing and we still get whiners on here.

Get a life or get over to Gorgie.

Rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

We beat the reigning champions, gave them a stuffing and we still get whiners on here.

Rant over.
    Easy, tiger!

Rant over.
    Nae bother mate.

It should only be played after significant victories and today was a significant victory.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Thought exactly the same myself. We need to use sparingly.
    I'm on my way is alright for run of the mill home wins.

It’s not like we sing it every game? After wins over Celtic, Rangers and Hearts are obvious occasions when it should be sung. Some people are off their heads

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I really enjoyed it, ok it didn't have the same poignancy as a derby win but that, for me, was as important a win as any we will get this season and to mark it with the best football anthem on earth is absolutely fine by me.

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!

Rant over.
    Well said! Why not play SOL every time we win? After a real sticky patch let's just revel in it. We are the Hibees GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    The atmosphere in general was very muted today. Even after going 2-0 up. The place should’ve been rocking. A few too many hangovers from Xmas nights out last night maybe?

Best ever sunshine on Leith was after the 1-0 cup replay win against them nearly three year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    The atmosphere in general was very muted today. Even after going 2-0 up. The place should’ve been rocking. A few too many hangovers from Xmas nights out last night maybe?
    Don't think it'll muted on the 29th😎😎

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Unbelievable , Beat celtc 2-0 and we get threads like this

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Best ever sunshine on Leith was after the 1-0 cup replay win against them nearly three year ago.
    Correct sir.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Surprised to see so many leave the stadium before the final whistle - maybe watching on the TV screens before a sharp getaway, but playing SOL when folk are leaving, or have left, doesn’t have the same intensity. Still enjoyed it though watching the players leave the park after the win, and more than happy for it to be aired again on Wednesday night.

Hi guys

As always I’m keen to keep an eye on feedback and try to respond where I can to feedback that is given. I was back up in the box in full control of the music played out today so, I personally take full responsibility for this being played today.

On occasions when we really need a win and we have all been behind the team when we achieve a big result I usually encourage the guys controlling the music to proceed with using Sunshine.

No doubt had we not played this today there would of been a comment with regards to us not playing it. I guess in my own opinion that there is a need to refrain from playing the track but so far this season it’s been played twice and we are half way through the season.

What’s more important....is that the Hibees are back to winning ways and it’s three points in the bag!

Thanks for the feedback guys I’ll keep taking it onboard
    Barrie

100% the correct decision to play it today. It's been a pretty rubbish couple of months watching our team and a battling win versus the champions deserves appreciation.

Onwards and upwards.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: lewyhfc
    Correct decision to play. Big result, big song. Great work.

It's our song and I'll happily listen to it anytime. Keep on with the good work Barrie

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsAnnouncer View Post
    Hi guys

As always I’m keen to keep an eye on feedback and try to respond where I can to feedback that is given. I was back up in the box in full control of the music played out today so, I personally take full responsibility for this being played today.

On occasions when we really need a win and we have all been behind the team when we achieve a big result I usually encourage the guys controlling the music to proceed with using Sunshine.

No doubt had we not played this today there would of been a comment with regards to us not playing it. I guess in my own opinion that there is a need to refrain from playing the track but so far this season it’s been played twice and we are half way through the season.

What’s more important....is that the Hibees are back to winning ways and it’s three points in the bag!

Barrie
    It’s our anthem. Why not? We badly needed a win today and we got it. I was surprised when it started tbh, but not in a bad way. I was just used to it after derby wins and Hampden. Standing in the stands at ER listening to SoL having just pumped Celtic 2-0 was a fine way to end.

Coaching Staff
    Hi guys

Barrie
    I'm more concerned you and Daz walked into Black Ivy last week looking like you were on a Polar expedition with that furry collar nonsense going on

SoL always has a place when we win, whenever I hear it, it means we have got the 3 points or we are into the next round - keep playing it - it's our song

Hi guys

Barrie
    Barrie Gadgie, Barrie. was a bit surprised to hear it though although not complaining.. would have been a bit better when the team walked towards thw fans. nae real complaints though although I'm on my way might have been better today

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Always the same at a 12:30 Sunday game

No problem with it being played yesterday, would like us to get to the stage as a club though where beating Celtic is a regular enough event that it doesn't warrant Sunshine on Leith.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    It was a significant result!

Derby wins only.

Hi guys

Barrie
    Barrie i thought you were spot on playing it today.

wins v hearts rangers & Celtic are 100% SoL occasions!