hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For me, Porteous has the shirt and can be considered an automatic at the back.

This might very well be McGregors ( a player who has been magnificent for us) final season for us.
    I love Daz, he's an incredible Hibs player, a Scottish cup winner, a player who can rightfully say that he was part of the turnaround of this club but he's getting on now and I want him to go out on a high and for us to be able to remember him as the warrior and legend that he is.

Porteous is the man to replace him, his physicality and his leadership. Some things come with experience but some things can't be taught and Porteous has all the things that can't be taught. He's brilliant.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by murray26 View Post
    Am I right in saying he’s recently signed a 5 year deal..? Fantastic prospect and looking forward to watching him develop..
    He has, what we don’t know is what clauses are inserted into it
    Ryan for me needs this season and at least next at Hibs. Young players need to play to develop. No point in signing for a big club and only part playing
    Even then he’ll only still be 21. Also remember he’s a right sided defender playing at left centre back

I think everyone knows that he will have a great career if he keeps developing at the rate he is at moment.

He talks well and appears to be respectful of those around him.

As others have said a future Hibs and Scotland captain.

For me, he's already made the CH position his own which says it all. Great tackler, strong, good header of a ball, calm head and most importantly improving all the time. Won't be long before Celtic come calling, he's considered for full international .... and more. At 19, he'll still have his moments and will make mistakes but that's ok - he'll learn from that.

Was going to say great prospect but he's more than that now. Excited to see how far he can go in the game.

Any mistakes he’s made are almost irrelevant in terms of how good he is. Young players will make them but his attributes are absolutely undeniable. He is potentially a great player.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I love Daz, he's an incredible Hibs player, a Scottish cup winner, a player who can rightfully say that he was part of the turnaround of this club but he's getting on now and I want him to go out on a high and for us to be able to remember him as the warrior and legend that he is.

Porteous is the man to replace him, his physicality and his leadership. Some things come with experience but some things can't be taught and Porteous has all the things that can't be taught. He's brilliant.
    I couldn't put it any better.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    For me, Porteous has the shirt and can be considered an automatic at the back.

This might very well be McGregors ( a player who has been magnificent for us) final season for us.

This will McGregors final games for his this season and I think he knows it.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6O_30JUuGI

He's very much an old soul, maturity and ability way beyond his years.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Fantastic talent. Just needs to remember doesn’t always need to fly in.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Fletcher.

Forced himself into first team squad at 17, playing most games a year later, has had a very good career.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Fletcher.
    Agree

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

Forced himself into first team squad at 17, playing most games a year later, has had a very good career.
    I found Fletcher such a strange player. Undoubted talent as a footballer but not a great goals return at any of his clubs for someone that’s went for so much money throughout his career.

There's a genuine belief within the club that he's actually about a year behind in his developmemt because of a couple of previous managers. 'If we had been here a year earlier he'd be destined for the top 6 in England' was close to the exact quote said to me. That was at the time Stubbs was here.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    There's a genuine belief within the club that he's actually about a year behind in his developmemt because of a couple of previous managers. 'If we had been here a year earlier he'd be destined for the top 6 in England' was close to the exact quote said to me. That was at the time Stubbs was here.
    Would Butcher have had that much of an influence on him? He would have only been around 14 at the time of Butcher, even younger when previous managers were here?

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Would Butcher have had that much of an influence on him? He would have only been around 14 at the time of Butcher, even younger when previous managers were here?
    I think it was more a comment on the overall set up at the time.

As an example when Craig, Stubbs etc moved into EM all the heart monitoring equipment and the like had been gathering dust in a cupboard for years as previous regimes didn't believe in it. Of course evidence suggests there's a difference between a player thinking they are working at capacity and actually doing so. Things like that just don't happen now.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think it was more a comment on the overall set up at the time.

As an example when Craig, Stubbs etc moved into EM all the heart monitoring equipment and the like had been gathering dust in a cupboard for years as previous regimes didn't believe in it. Of course evidence suggests there's a difference between a player thinking they are working at capacity and actually doing so. Things like that just don't happen now.
    forgot Craig and co came in at the same time as Stubbs. Seems crazy in this day and age to have all that equipment available to you and not use it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Scary to think how good he could become in 2/3 years time, if he’s still with us. Future Hiba captain IMO, and potentially maybe even Scotland. Way beyond his years. Leader!

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Every bit as good a player as Kieran Tierney for Celtic. He's majestic, he reminds me of the James McPake we had on loan but with better positioning. Ferocious in the tackle, vocal, fearsome and a warrior.
    Sorry he's a million times better than James mcPake who was a bombscare the way he dived in to challenges. He only looked good when we had him on loan coz the rest of team were utter garbage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

First Team Regular
    A young player I am genuinely excited about. Proved himself big-time against the best team in the league.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    He's an outstanding prospect, still a bit to go to be the finished article but to be able to play such a critical position, and shine regularly, at his age, is fantastic.

I hope we have him for a few years yet, he definitely looks like the real deal.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Sorry he's a million times better than James mcPake who was a bombscare the way he dived in to challenges. He only looked good when we had him on loan coz the rest of team were utter garbage

McPake was the kind of defender who could disguise how poor he was by making last ditch challenges. In reality, he should never have had to be making them in the first place.

Think this is why I love Efe so much. I actually don't know if I've ever seen him leave his feet because he never needs to.

First Team Breakthrough

McPake was the kind of defender who could disguise how poor he was by making last ditch challenges. In reality, he should never have had to be making them in the first place.

Think this is why I love Efe so much. I actually don't know if I've ever seen him leave his feet because he never needs to.
    Excatly great post .

I loved James McPake.
    He always gave 100% and went into places others wouldn't dare.
    Sadly, his body couldn't keep pace with his mind.
    The poor guy suffered big time injury-wise.
    There will always be a free pint for him down ER way.

@hibs.net private member
    He looks the real deal in a difficult position for a youngster. Great chance of kicking on particularly with the players at the club in that position. Early days though as Alex Harris looked a world beater for a few months

Coaching Staff

James was in a very poor side, badly (and unprofessionally) managed and badly led, but he did really well and for a period galvanised the squad with his character and self belief - still loves Hibs and last time I spoke with him (before a Hearts v Dundee game at Tynie a couple of seasons ago) he has nothing but love for Hibs - top bloke and from our chat was devastated Hibs were relegated.
    He was great for the club. When you consider we had the likes of Michael Nelson , David Stephens , Sean O'Hanlon and Tim 'balsa wood hamstrings' Clancy around the club he was a godsend Ryan Porteous is Carlos Puyol in comparison with those charlatans. James was a player

him and efe are first pics now. huge talent

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    James was in a very poor side, badly (and unprofessionally) managed and badly led, but he did really well and for a period galvanised the squad with his character and self belief - still loves Hibs and last time I spoke with him (before a Hearts v Dundee game at Tynie a couple of seasons ago) he has nothing but love for Hibs - top bloke and from our chat was devastated Hibs were relegated.
    He was great for the club. When you consider we had the likes of Michael Nelson , David Stephens , Sean O'Hanlon and Tim 'balsa wood hamstrings' Clancy around the club he was a godsend Ryan Porteous is Carlos Puyol in comparison with those charlatans. James was a player
    He was better than the others, that’s for sure, but he wasn’t good enough. He spent the majority of his career at the likes of Livi and Dundee. That was his level.

No doubting his commitment or passion which you could definitely question in the others in your post, just a lack of ability IMO. Any centre half worth their salt doesn’t need to be making god knows how many body on the line last ditch tackles per game.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Love Porteous’ interview where he spoke about keeping things tight etc and then looks to his right and he sees “big Efe swaggering aboot” 😂😂

Both of them were magnificent yesterday. Lovely mix of brawn and calm.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Love Porteous’ interview where he spoke about keeping things tight etc and then looks to his right and he sees “big Efe swaggering aboot”

Both of them were magnificent yesterday. Lovely mix of brawn and calm.
    The 2 of them are building a really good partnership interesting to hear Efe say he loves playing with Porto and vice versa. Let's hope it's enough to persuade Efe to sign a new deal

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

He was James Mistake when he was with us, won't forget that absolutely shocking tackle he put in on Callum Paterson in that league cup game when we were losing 0-1 effectively blowing our chances of salvaging the game.