hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ball Boys

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    He held on tae the baw longer in that period than Scott Brown could manage in 90 minutes.

2. Log in to remove the advert

One of the best off field things I’ve ever seen.

Get him along to the Sunnyside POTY night in April and give him a special award. Boy was class.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He held on tae the baw longer in that period than Scott Brown could manage in 90 minutes.
    Ha! Superb.

Left by mutual consent!
    I remember broony doing the same when we went round the pitch:

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    The wee ball boy was my man of the match, it was hilarious. I recorded the game so hopefully I can remember at what point it happened and see if it`s on the TV
    At the time of the exchange Sky decided to show a 'highlight' so it was lost to the viewer!!

@hibs.net private member
    Damn but surely they have more than one camera that caught it - priceless!

Promising Youngster
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Doogz97
    I remember a young fan doing something similar to Whittaker when he was playing for Oldco. I think it was a game we drew 1-1 with them and Deeks scored a peach from about 25 yards. The young man waited for Whittaker to come to him before placing the ball on the ground. Greeted with sarcastic cheers from the Hibs fans.

@hibs.net private member tamsonsbairn's Avatar

The Ballboys

The exact same thing happened in the first half. The ballboy in the corner of the FF and east stand took his time to give the ball back to Brown and Brown had a few words with him. The Ballboys must have had a wee chat at half time and decided to take their time giving the ball back.

Quote Originally Posted by tamsonsbairn View Post
    The exact same thing happened in the first half. The ballboy in the corner of the FF and east stand took his time to give the ball back to Brown and Brown had a few words with him. The Ballboys must have had a wee chat at half time and decided to take their time giving the ball back.
    was superb. Kudos to my ain grandson sitting on the corner flag east stand near famous 5,got Pelters from plukey for not giving ball back quickly enough ,young Wrighty just sat back down and smiled!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    That young ball boy at the North West was bloody fantastic! Got a very well deserved cheer from everyone in the ground. Browns face was priceless 😂👍🏾

One of the funniest things I've seen at a game for ages, class from the wee lad

On a serious note, I've advocated for years that ballboys & girls should be instructed how to approach their duties depending on how the game is going … its really annoying when we are winning seeing them rush to get the ball for the opposition … take yer time kids

Quote Originally Posted by Fanforlife View Post
    was superb. Kudos to my ain grandson sitting on the corner flag east stand near famous 5,got Pelters from plukey for not giving ball back quickly enough ,young Wrighty just sat back down and smiled!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    remember that wee incident tooo. Pluckuey puss seemed ragin'. he looked like he was moaning at a wee laddie, but was that not in the second half?

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    remember that wee incident tooo. Pluckuey puss seemed ragin'. he looked like he was moaning at a wee laddie, but was that not in the second half?
    was in 2nd half m8.😀

@hibs.net private member tamsonsbairn's Avatar

Ballboys

There were two incidents, One in the first half with the Ballboy in the corner of the east and Famous Five and the other was in the opposite corner to that. Scott Brown had words with the first laddie but said nothing to the other one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanforlife View Post
    was in 2nd half m8.😀

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamsonsbairn View Post
    There were two incidents, One in the first half with the Ballboy in the corner of the east and Famous Five and the other was in the opposite corner to that. Scott Brown had words with the first laddie but said nothing to the other one.

he definitely said something to the second half incident ballboy (corner of famous five and west stand)...yet the ballboy was cool under pressure... emotionless, didn't react or move...was pretty impressive tbh.

Brown shouldn't have still been on the pitch at that stage of the match to have been wound up by the ball boy, if the referee had done his job and given Brown a straight red card.
    Last edited by emerald green; 17-12-2018 at 05:40 PM.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dar View Post
    A few photos of it on here near the end.
    https://www.sportpix.org.uk/portfoli...0003Qf2JEwOxmc
    Notice Kamberi having a pull at Hyndman after his goal, that's going to hurt!!

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    Good team spirit clearly

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    A yank receiving a yank, clearly. Still, he's got a smile on his face which is what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    A yank receiving a yank, clearly. Still, he's got a smile on his face which is what matters.
    😁😁

@hibs.net private member
    Not a very flattering photo of the wifey with the pie !

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    The pictures linked above, just after the Brown gets the ball are priceless. The look on Broony's face.
    Have seen ball boys in the past at other clubs throwing the ball at opposing players which is wrong.
    This kid was perfectly well behaved and calm, stood at the spot were the throw in was to be taken and waited for Brown to collect the ball from him.
    There was nothing for Brown to react to and the funny bit was that Broony knew that as well.
    What it did do was slow him down and make him take it from the right place.
    Very impressive kid. Well thought out.
    Sorry to be pedantic but it wasn't a throw in, it was a Celtic free kick for offside.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    I’d prefer if we left this kind of behaviour to the bigots across the road. Hopefully the young man got a good talking to and will choose his actions more carefully next time.

He might have thought it was just a joke but he was representing the club in an official capacity and should have behaved as such.

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    I’d prefer if we left this kind of behaviour to the bigots across the road. Hopefully the young man got a good talking to and will choose his actions more carefully next time.

He might have thought it was just a joke but he was representing the club in an official capacity and should have behaved as such.
    You’re not trying as hard as you used to. Disappointing

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    You’re not trying as hard as you used to. Disappointing
    Anything relevant to the thread that you’d like to add or are you going to drag yet another thread off topic with petty digs towards other posters?

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I bet Scott Brown secretly and grudgingly admired the boy for the way he offered him the ball back. Just the kind of gallus and cocky thing he would have had no hesitation in doing himself if he was in the ballboys shoes. Probably thought about saying something to him, but ultimately what really could he say? Ball Boy 1 Scott Brown 0

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Quite funny watching Brown give the hard man stare to a laddie who didn't look in the least bothered
    Exactly, he's like a young Scott Brown, he'd certainly have done the same if he was a ball boy as a kid.

Hopefully this is meant as a joke, if not then get a life, if so then apologies in advance

Anything relevant to the thread that you’d like to add or are you going to drag yet another thread off topic with petty digs towards other posters?
    Getting better!

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Getting better!
    It would appear my question has been answered. Crack on big man, whatever makes you feel good 👍🏼