hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whittaker

Whittaker

Old Whitty gets some stick ,wage thief .Legs are gone .. all that **** . i thought he was excellent today and his legs looked just fine , he was still running hard into the dying seconds

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    He was great today the first goal came from him doing well

I was really worried prematch because he's looked better at defensive mid recently, but that piece of skill and vision to start the move for the first goal was sublime, Cafu reborn He was a bit sloppy with his passing at times but overall contributed well to a brilliant team performance.

Porteous was the stand out.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Old Whitty gets some stick ,wage thief .Legs are gone .. all that **** . i thought he was excellent today and his legs looked just fine , he was still running hard into the dying seconds

A few slack passes in the first first half but other than that he had a very good game. Stopped Celtic getting the ball into the box countless times and had a sublime touch in the build up to the first goal.

I thought he gave it away cheaply a couple of times in the first half, but had a good game overall.

Think Horgan is another who deserves a lot of credit today - not so much what he did with the ball, but the defensive number 10 role he played on Scott Brown really helped to stop them bringing the ball out from the back effectively

Excellent performance today

Quote Originally Posted by ChilliEater View Post
    I thought he gave it away cheaply a couple of times in the first half, but had a good game overall.

Think Horgan is another who deserves a lot of credit today - not so much what he did with the ball, but the defensive number 10 role he played on Scott Brown really helped to stop them bringing the ball out from the back effectively
    Add Mallan to that, who has had his detractors but showed total commitment today, both with and without the ball.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Dont think Whittaker done badly today but wouldn’t go as far as excellent. A couple of awful pieces of distribution and still looks very slow. Was solid enough imo, wouldn’t go much further than that.

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    He surprised me. He was good today.

@hibs.net private member
    Less crosses came in from his side than the left from memory. I thought all the defender looked better simply because we had a shape and the midfield got tackles in and tracked runners.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Dont think Whittaker done badly today but wouldn’t go as far as excellent. A couple of awful pieces of distribution and still looks very slow. Was solid enough imo, wouldn’t go much further than that.
    He made two bad passes, other than that he was outstanding. Hayes came on and barely got a kick.

Posted in the team news thread earlier about his record v celtic since coming back. 4 games unbeaten with him starting against Celtic now, he seems to pull out a performance against them

He coped well until Hayes came on and then got skinned a couple of times but overall pass marks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    He made two bad passes, other than that he was outstanding. Hayes came on and barely got a kick.
    Don’t get me wrong, he done well. I’d have gave him a 7/10. Wouldn’t go as far as excellent but still a good performance.

Hayes btw is absolutely rotten. Irrelevant to Whittaker’s performance though, more just an observation.

Whittaker owes us a few good performances!

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar
    Have you any idea how begrudging you sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    He coped well until Hayes came on and then got skinned a couple of times but overall pass marks.

That's pretty much how I saw it

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Well done Steven, part of a team today that all deserve a

Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    Have you any idea how begrudging you sound?

I realise that after reading the post you quoted. I posted again just a couple above yours and it hopefully doesn’t sound as bad

@hibs.net private member allmodcons's Avatar

I realise that after reading the post you quoted. I posted again just a couple above yours and it hopefully doesn’t sound as bad
    No worries. I just think we should enjoy what was an excellent 'team' performance today and not look to nitpick when we've just beaten the champions.

The first goal was fantastic at any level of football. Whittaker was fantastic in build up.

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Apart from a couple of passes,i thought he stood up well,as did the whole team.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    If he just keeps it simple he does just fine

He was part of an excellent team performance and can be pleased with his contribution.

Celtic's tactics did surprise me though - if I had players like Forrest, Sinclair, Lewis Morgan, Mikey Johnston and Hayes at my disposal I'd have been going all-out to run at him and make life as uncomfortable as possible.

Izaguirre got very little from him, and Celtic seemed hell-bent on marking their own best players out of the game by playing them centrally.

Whittaker did make a few sloppy passes, which was unusual, but his play out of the corner to start the move for our goal was superb, and he put in a couple of excellent balls at the other end too.

First Team Breakthrough
    IT was a totally professional performance from him today. He is such an important squad player for us. He appears to one of they players , who for seem reason , the fans will jump on every mistake he makes . All players ( at the level we are paying) make mistakes every game , it's how you recover from them that's the difference. Whittaker always stays calm and composed, dosent get carried away with what's going on around him . Today he stuck to his task , and never looked troubled .
    For example, he is ten times the player James mcpake ever was , but some would let you think Mcpake was some sort of colossus , when in truth, he sold the jerseys more times than Whittaker ever has .

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Every player in every team in the land will misplace at least 2 passes in a game.

Do we we really need to highlight these today?

Pretty sure Stevenson did as well. And Porteous. And Efe. And....

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Every player in every team in the land will misplace at least 2 passes in a game.

Do we we really need to highlight these today?

Pretty sure Stevenson did as well. And Porteous. And Efe. And....
    That’s a fair point. It’s not what he does with the ball that Whittaker has a problem with. A couple of misplaced passes early on does not make it a bad performance.
    He played ok today because he stayed close to his man and marked properly. He didn’t let his concentration stray and wasn’t passive when they were on the ball.
    Credit where credit is due, today is a good day for Whittaker.

For the goal great but need to analyse guys he had some really slack passes and was certainly not excellent. We cloud performances when we win against the top 4.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Class of 72-73 View Post
    For the goal great but need to analyse guys he had some really slack passes and was certainly not excellent. We cloud performances when we win against the top 4.
    No we don't, he had a good game and deserves some credit for it

Pure class today. Kept his winger quiet and was composed on the ball. Well done Whitts.