hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Well done Neil Lennon

Took a lot of stick on here lately (a lot from me). Happy to be proved wrong. Team was immense today. Great tactics and pressing. Hopefully we can keep it up with more big games coming.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    The bar has been set 👍

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent!
    Been a critic too recently but great performance today. If we can get a result against the evil huns the feel good factor will be back.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    In Neil we trust. Never doubted the man.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    He was the right man to lift this team out of a bad spell. A few big games between now and new year then bring in a few more players we could have another great season

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In Neil we trust. Never doubted the man.

Gutted at the negativity towards Lennon and the team recently but thats the nature of football. Fans must be able to vent even if prematurely. Two wins will now hopefully return confidence to our talented side.

Yep, will hold my hands up, I didn't think he would be able to turn it around but delighted to proved wrong. Onwards and upwards.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Gutted at the negativity towards Lennon and the team recently but thats the nature of football. Fans must be able to vent even if prematurely. Two wins will now hopefully return confidence to our talented side.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Blog Entries
    Lennon interview coming up.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Best response is action.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

First Team Regular WillowbraeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    He was the right man to lift this team out of a bad spell. A few big games between now and new year then bring in a few more players we could have another great season
    Scott Alan would be good for a start, and another striker hopefully?

Blog Entries
    Lennon spoke well. Made the point that players, singling out Kamberi, can’t save their best for the big games and thinks we press on from here back into the top six.

This thread can be specifically for you pessimistic moaners out there. Keep it as an echo chamber where you can just moan and greet. No wonder you lot are getting the piss rinsed out you on social media.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I didn't want him to go, but I thought he'd lost the dressing room and we all know how that turns out.

The performance shown today shows that either that was bollocks or he's got it back. Well done Lennon. Stay as long as you want.

@hibs.net private member
    Amazing result. I hope that's a marker for the kind of performances we'll be seeing from now on. I don't want to be negative on a brilliant day for the club but it makes the line up versus Killie even more bizarre.

Let's get the team playing attacking football with players pressing hard and looking to push on when we get the ball.

Thought we would seriously toil today and predicted a pumping when I saw the team.

Delighted to be wrong.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    People wanted Lennon out the door 😂

Yup I was a critic too so eating a large slice of humble pie right now and am delighted to do so, that was outstanding today from start to finish. But as he said himself after the game it makes him angry at how poor we've been for 2 months when we can go and produce a performance like that...so the criticism levelled at him and the team was justified.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Lennons team had a dip in form, his first dip in form since arriving at the club. There were idiots waiting for this dip in form to slaughter him and the team, couldnt wait to dig both out.

He's practically having to build another team through injuries and players leaving, but the first dip in form he's being hounded out.

Ridiculous.

Well done Hibs, well done Lennon and his backroom staff, i'm glad you are staying and held your nerve a lot better than some i could mention.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    Absolutely sumptuous. A period of quiet self reflection from some of our dafter posters is in order.

I posted similar, but worth repeating on here.

Team selection and tactics were fantastic, as well as the performance.

Left by mutual consent!
    Hat off to the management and players today who played fantastically and motivated for 90 mins.

Left by mutual consent!
    Yep, let’s start ripping other fans after the biggest win of the season.

@hibs.net private member
    I think he realises himself how poor performances have been. That team played like a team that wanted and needed to do well. That has been lacking for most of the season and while Lennon deserves great credit for learning from Parkhead in terms of shape and putting right the disgraceful performances of the last few months in terms of effort there are still questions to answer on some of the formation choices and the lack lustre performances. It looks like he has the dressing room behind him so that is the biggest question answered. He just needs to make sure that players like Mallan, Horgan, Hyndman and Flo know that the level of work rate today is what is expected every game. That has been nowhere near the case this season so far. The players need to shoulder a big bit of the blame there but as manager he has to have a look to see why they have lacked motivation because a big part of his job is getting the players playing for the jersey..

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Yep, let’s start ripping other fans after the biggest win of the season.
    Better than ripping into our team when going through a sticky spell and needed support.

Did you read some of the stuff written? They deserve to be called out for being so very wrong.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    What i think is brilliant about Lennon, there's no excuses, we've been crap, we've not in my opinion given everything, and Lennon has told them in no uncertain terms that its not good enough.

Even after the game today, he's told Kamberi that its not good enough turning up against Celtic, he needs to start doing it every week.

No players are allowed to rest on their laurels, and i agree with Lennon telling them this.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    We won't win every week, some people need to get realistic. We are very fortunate to have Neil Lennon. The stupid negativity and threads calling for his head were madness and frankly embarrassing. He's proven himself too many times to be tagged with that rubbish after a few bad results!

C'mon the Hibees and let's all do the Lenny!

Left by mutual consent!
    Better than ripping into our team when going through a sticky spell and needed support.

Did you read some of the stuff written? They deserve to be called out for being so very wrong.
    Think we should just unite and get behind everyone at the club now there’s a lot of renewed optimism for the season ahead. I personally though this season was a bit of a lost cause but there’s a lot of ground for optimism again now. Weds night is massive now. Go a point behind hertz going into the derby would be some turnaround. I’ll swap a point with Dundee for a win today any day of the week.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5

Yup. Like to dish it out, not so keen on getting it back.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar

Exactly, some of the garbage written on here recently has been laughable, rather than getting behind the team we have people wanting Lennon gone, claims that he lost the dressing room, him and Parker aren't interested and working their ticket out.