hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member RMQ1967's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Look, I have never suggested that people will, or should, stop donating for any reason. Where are you guys getting this from?

I think though, that if the fans are suggesting stopping selling tickets to away fans, then it’s valid to ask about the financial implications of doing so.

We discuss the cost of tickets and pies etc. We discuss our annual accounts. We all want more money coming into the club.

Why you’re all so sensitive to anything being said about HSL?

I’ve never said I’m against HSL in any shape or form on any thread at any time.
    Good points well made & pretty clear to anyone who's not trying to deflect the debate.

It's money down the drain & the points made about the away fans influence on their team & referee are being massively overstated. If we're playing well we won't hear anything from the away fans.

There are always around 1000 vacant seats in the home stands in a sellout crowd & we should be looking at more imaginative ways to get them filled.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    I think it was more the case that it had much less impact on the opposition team. Any impact on the result in our favour is a good thing imo.
    Agree. Not sure how anyone can say it had zero effect or it had a massive effect. Sunday broke new ground, with possibly the smallest Celtic support ever to watch a Hibs v Celtic match ? What we do know is Celtic were surprisingly poor, Hibs were surprisingly good and the Celtic supporters were as quiet as I've ever known them. Yes, it may have been coincidence and other effects but games are often decided by small margins.

So far we have a 100% record against the Champions when they were denied a big vocal support

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Agree. Not sure how anyone can say it had zero effect or it had a massive effect. Sunday broke new ground, with possibly the smallest Celtic support ever to watch a Hibs v Celtic match ? What we do know is Celtic were surprisingly poor, Hibs were surprisingly good and the Celtic supporters were as quiet as I've ever known them. Yes, it may have been coincidence and other effects but games are often decided by small margins.

So far we have a 100% record against the Champions when they were denied a big vocal support
    Agree anything that gives us an edge, no matter how small. it has to be an advantage and we have to be sure to use it.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RMQ1967 View Post
    Good points well made & pretty clear to anyone who's not trying to deflect the debate.
    Thanks you!!

My view on this is that Hibs lost out on possibly 60K in revenue I don't think that any business can afford to lose this amount of money. I would rather fleece Glasgow B ds of them of every penny.

I get we get treated unfairly by them and that's what our board should be bringing them to task over.

we should never cut our noses of to spite our face

I also think that's why supporters should not run football teams

On to Wednesday I hope we turn up for that also

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    My view on this is that Hibs lost out on possibly 60K in revenue I don't think that any business can afford to lose this amount of money. I would rather fleece Glasgow B ds of them of every penny.

I get we get treated unfairly by them and that's what our board should be bringing them to task over.

Don’t you think that lack of old firm fans will tempt fans next time to attend the games?

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    **** them, seriously. Even if it only gives us a slight edge, it's still worth it. Just got to go even further to encourage more of our own fans to go to the games.

It's money down the drain & the points made about the away fans influence on their team & referee are being massively overstated. If we're playing well we won't hear anything from the away fans.
    Don Robertson was the referee on Sunday, he was also the referee at Parkhead earlier this season. At Parkhead, he gave us two decisions and then for 75 minutes Hibs were not given a single free kick. On Sunday, he was far more fair and did not bow to their pressure. He is clearly a referee who can be swayed by the appeal of a crowd. A full Celtic end screaming for that Edouard penalty and he might have given it.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    You might be right on that one, but if it was the norm it wouldn't be discussed, on sunday there was probably less than 200 hibs fans in the south
    Should the club be turning away our own fans (even if it's only a few hundred ) to accomadate away fans.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Should the club be turning away our own fans (even if it's only a few hundred ) to accomadate away fans.
    No they shouldn't. I take it the stand can only be split in half? Meaning it's 3,800 of them or 1,900 and nothing in between?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    To me it looked like there was plenty of empty seats in the home end anyway.

Also when your asking for fans to donate money I believe the discussion is worth having.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    I think the 3 stands are probably sufficient for the home support we get just now and it is always healthy to have demand exceed supply to encourage season ticket sales. I'd be giving Celtic and Rangers the whole South Stand until such time as the demand is there to more than sell half the stand to home fans.

It makes financial sense but also from a football point of view you'd rather see a sold out stadium no matter which team the fans support.

Hibs have been quite right to five it a try but for me it has not been a success. Maybe in a few seasons. . .

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    It makes financial sense but also from a football point of view you'd rather see a sold out stadium no matter which team the fans support.
    Each to their own, but no, no I wouldn't.

Also when your asking for fans to donate money I believe the discussion is worth having.

Exactly this.

Weirdly though some folk don’t want to discuss this particular issue and instead just want their own thoughts to be the line the club takes.

Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post

So, what if Leeann spoke to both Glasgow clubs in the summer and argued the case for a bigger allocation for us when we travel through to these grounds and she was told to bolt, does she just accept this or play the same game and tell them that there allocation will be cut when they travel to ER, these 2 clubs don't give a f*** for anyone else in Scotland so time to give it back and folk are complaining that we are standing up to these 2 horrible clubs.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    See if results keep picking up and we have a strong second half of the season along with a good cup run then I can see us having ST holders in the South next season and the only team getting the whole South being Hearts! The way it should be.

I think it might attract more fans to these games in future, as the atmosphere is less poisonous. I think it helps our and the refs performance, which might also attract fans.

A short term hit for a long term gain. No difference to other investments made in the club.

I'm all for it

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    I think it might attract more fans to these games in future, as the atmosphere is less poisonous. I think it helps our and the refs performance, which might also attract fans.

A short term hit for a long term gain. No difference to other investments made in the club.

I'm all for it
    Definitely, and more likely to get people taking their children along too with the reduced risk of trouble.

I'm assuming that these empty seats in the home stands were ST holders not attending the game, the club can't force folk to come to games but these seats are paid for, the club issued a statement saying that the 3 home stands were sold out, should the club be turning away Hibs fans to accomadate away fans.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    When have I made a dig at those who contribute? I’ve never done that so stop with the false allegations.

You have taken issue issue with me and are trying to make it personal for some reason? Why not just discuss the point instead of trying to argue with me?

You make claims about me justifying a position. I don’t have one.

Clinging to anything? Again, what makes you think that, my posts on this thread are perfectly clear if you read them.

I’m asking a question. That’s all. I’ve no agenda, position or anything else.

If that is being an arse then I’m fine with that!

If you had asked that question in isolation I would have thought what a strange concept linking the two issues but heigh ho

Its on the back of your constant negativity over HSL that it is and looks like a position / agenda so I am afraid the poor misunderstood you line doesn't fly at all

Its obvious to a blind man what your agenda is.

Your contribution to each and every thread where you get a chance to have a dig at HSL makes it so.

For you to say you don't have a position on HSL is laughable.

It so obviously irritates you that your anti HSL crusade isn't getting the traction you would like that you have now become defensive over it.

Its a total waste debating the point with you as you are either blind to your prejudice or hard at it.

I am not one of those folk that go back and trawl through past posts to prove a point but maybe a bit of introspection might help you?

Have a look at your posting history over HSL and come back to this message board and tell us that that posting history isn't indicative of someone with an anti HSL agenda?

Btw if you have one that's fine as we are all entitled to am opinion but to pretend otherwise is disingenuous and demeans you.

Exactly this.

Weirdly though some folk don’t want to discuss this particular issue and instead just want their own thoughts to be the line the club takes.

OK, I have a very straightforward question for You. It has a real bearing on how seriously the rest of us will take your concerns about HSL money.

Do you donate to HSL?

Simply answer Yes or No.

Or just take my word that I have no agenda.

You go and check my history. Nothing I’ve ever posted is anti HSL or trying to discourage folk from donating.

Absolutely nothing at all.

If you check back this thread you’ll see Ive not said anything negative about them here either.

You’re looking for something that isn’t there.

So calm it and stop throwing these allegations against me or quote me where I’ve said these things and I’ll come back and apologise to you.

Testimonial Due

I'm all for it
    Think the gain is more immediate. If having fewer OF fans in the ground helps to make the atmosphere better for Hibs and more intimidating for them then good. Even if it's only marginal it may turn a draw into a win or a defeat into a draw. More points is likely to result in higher league placings = more prize money or European qualification.

If it send their club's management a message we won't be pushed around then even better.

I'd actually take the roof off the south so away fans get soaked when it's wet and reduces any noise they make. Easter Road needs to be as intimidating to Celtic and Rangers as Ibrox or Parkhead is for away fans. Part of their sporting advantage has been the ability to turn away grounds into home fixtures because they have more fans there than the opposition and they make more noise. It used to happen at ER and I'm glad it doesn't any longer.

Or just take my word that I have no agenda.

You go and check my history. Nothing I’ve ever posted is anti HSL or trying to discourage folk from donating.

Absolutely nothing at all.

If you check back this thread you’ll see Ive not said anything negative about them here either.

You’re looking for something that isn’t there.

So calm it and stop throwing these allegations against me or quote me where I’ve said these things and I’ll come back and apologise to you.

Still waiting for your answer........

Yeah I wasn’t going to bother as I don’t see the relevance but since you put a wee smiley on it I’ll say again that I don’t.

I’ve been consistent with that for years and have never hidden it.

I’m not going to go into my reasons why as that will be seen as me encouraging others to follow suite.

Let me ask you this, if you do donate, have I ever said anything that’s made you think “damn he’s right, I’m going to stop”?

Assuming your answer is no, then what makes you think other Hibs fans would take the slightest bit of notice of my posts and think hey, he’s right, I’ll cancel my direct debit.

O think you need to put my views on HSL aside for a moment and focus on what I’m saying in this thread in isolation.

If you think that me asking about fan donations at the same time as fans are advocating cutting tickets for the away support tis being negative towards HSL then we’ll just have to disagree and move on.

I think it’s a valid discussion to have.
    Last edited by WhileTheChief..; 18-12-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post
    Think the gain is more immediate. If having fewer OF fans in the ground helps to make the atmosphere better for Hibs and more intimidating for them then good. Even if it's only marginal it may turn a draw into a win or a defeat into a draw. More points is likely to result in higher league placings = more prize money or European qualification.

If it send their club's management a message we won't be pushed around then even better.

I'd actually take the roof off the south so away fans get soaked when it's wet and reduces any noise they make. Easter Road needs to be as intimidating to Celtic and Rangers as Ibrox or Parkhead is for away fans. Part of their sporting advantage has been the ability to turn away grounds into home fixtures because they have more fans there than the opposition and they make more noise. It used to happen at ER and I'm glad it doesn't any longer.
    Great post, and echos what I think.

I get some people didn't think it was a good move and they are entitled to their opinion. My opinion however is the opposite, and I hope that the fewer away fans is the start of the policy, rather than a one off.

Each to their own however.

Lastly, I think the HSL arguement isnt relevant at all, due to to view of this as an investment. I'm more ****ed off when fans throw flares or break seats as that is just chucking money away

@hibs.net private member RMQ1967's Avatar

I'm all for it
    I think it's completely the opposite - goals apart I thought the atmosphere was pretty flat considering the way we played and the result. A bit of poison from the stands helps the atmosphere. What a dull game it will be if we go down the OF route & restrict opposition fans to a token few - petty stuff from both of them. Rival fans taunting each other adds excitement - be pretty dull & sterile without that.

I think it's completely the opposite - goals apart I thought the atmosphere was pretty flat considering the way we played and the result. A bit of poison from the stands helps the atmosphere. What a dull game it will be if we go down the OF route & restrict opposition fans to a token few - petty stuff from both of them. Rival fans taunting each other adds excitement - be pretty dull & sterile without that.
    Agree the atmosphere from our end wasn't quite as good as usual. I think that was perhaps general nerves due to our recent poor form. I know I struggled to enjoy the game until the last five minutes or so

So, what if Leeann spoke to both Glasgow clubs in the summer and argued the case for a bigger allocation for us when we travel through to these grounds and she was told to bolt, does she just accept this or play the same game and tell them that there allocation will be cut when they travel to ER, these 2 clubs don't give a f*** for anyone else in Scotland so time to give it back and folk are complaining that we are standing up to these 2 horrible clubs.

I am not standing up for these clubs. I am standing up for the Economics.

Hibs cannot afford to lose out on huge amount of money .One poster is correct we are asking for donations from supporters when we lost out on approx 60k from a traveling support.

Leeann might be able to get a deal I don't know. We are treated like S##T but we have a choice go or not to go. Just like our supporters who shouted for tickets to such games did not turn up

Empty seats in all the stands on Sunday.

We cannot have our cake and eat it.

The celtic fans where very quiet did it help us I don't know you would have to ask the players. Did it cost us YES !

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Still waiting for your answer........

Gave you one!

Does that clarify my thoughts or do you still think I’ve got an evil agenda against HSL?!!

By the way, I’m not asking anyone to agree with me or take me seriously. I’ve not even stated what I’m saying as fact.

Was just asking a question!