hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Some are suggesting that the 46 sec goal was the reason the travelling support appeared to be quiet.

Well if you recall, there have been previous occasions at ER where Hibs have taken the lead, but the large OF visiting support have roared them back into the match, resulting in Hibs not taking the full 3 points at the end.

It may sound simplistic, but 700 odd fans ain't going to able to generate the noise 2,000 can make, unless they're all issued with megaphones

Another point is that refs can be influenced by the noise the fans make to contentious goalmouth incidents.

Take the example today where Edouard was booked for diving in the second half and ask yourself if the referee would have have done the same if there were a full house of Celtic fans in close proximity behind the goal, screaming for a penalty?
    Last edited by joebakerforever; 16-12-2018 at 10:45 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It usually is empty for the run of mill games v Stj, StM, Motherwell Hamilton etc. Whats the difference? ***** the OF, Less of them the better. Whats more important, a win, points on the board and good team on the park or money?
    What do you know, we actually agree on something.

First Team Breakthrough
    Torn eh, can't decide if fewer slum dwellers is a bonus or a hindrance. Can see both sides, financial hit and a better atmosphere or have the place full of classless halfwit clowns?

Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bodhibs View Post
    Torn eh, can't decide if fewer slum dwellers is a bonus or a hindrance. Can see both sides, financial hit and a better atmosphere or have the place full of classless halfwit clowns?
    If better atmosphere leads to better results, then the finanical hit will only be temporary.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    If better atmosphere leads to better results, then the finanical hit will only be temporary.
    Ok, you've talked me round. Converted eh.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Carve them out of half that stand at every opportunity we can. And fill in the ******g corners too. Anything will do, even metal sheeting, if it helps us raise the noise.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joebakerforever View Post

Another point is that refs can be influenced by the noise the fans make to contentious goalmouth incidents.

Take the example today where Edouard was booked for diving in the second half and ask yourself if the referee would have have done the same if there were a full house of Celtic fans in close proximity behind the goal, screaming for a penalty?
    Very good point - can`t disagree

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    I'm serious, I don't care what the cost is. The difference between them having a full stand roaring them on and having half a stand was so noticeable. We will win more games and we will earn more money by keeping both of those horrible clubs down to half a stand each.
    My thoughts exactly as well. Virtually heard f*** all from them all game.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Also last week at Hamilton there were only 900 hibs supporters there (me being one) but we keep hearing that we only get a thousand for Ipox and ****hed.

Not true. There was just under 1200 at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    What do you know, we actually agree on something.

Well bugger me sideways with a pitchfork!

I’ve always thought they should put the singing section in half of the south stand. The place would be bouncing

There is no old firm.

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    I’ve always thought they should put the singing section in half of the south stand. The place would be bouncing

Where would they go when we play Hearts though?

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    It needs to be in the lower tier of the Famous Five or South Stand.

I personally wouldn’t give any away support more than yesterday and that includes the yams. They would do the same at the tiny library but I could deal with that.

We should never give anyone the full stand again.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    I'm serious, I don't care what the cost is. The difference between them having a full stand roaring them on and having half a stand was so noticeable. We will win more games and we will earn more money by keeping both of those horrible clubs down to half a stand each.
    Agree, it was very noticable, i mentioned this on another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Also last week at Hamilton there were only 900 hibs supporters there (me being one) but we keep hearing that we only get a thousand for Ipox and ****hed.

You do realise there's a very big difference in the numbers we could take to the other two stadia, don't you?

Plus the Hamilton figure was a lot lower because it was at the end of a very poor run. We took 1,800 to Paisley this season already.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    So if you think this is a good idea and we should continue to restrict away fans numbers, can you now stop asking more fans to sign up to HSL as a few tenners a month are obviously not needed anymore?

Or, do we need to ask fans to stump up even more to make up for the lost revenue?!

Appears that we want more cash coming in but not from Rangers or Celtic fans? We want our own to pay more yeah?

Mental.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    You do realise there's a very big difference in the numbers we could take to the other two stadia, don't you?

Plus the Hamilton figure was a lot lower because it was at the end of a very poor run. We took 1,800 to Paisley this season already.

Impossible, the away section at St Mirren only holds 1633 and we never sold out, there was PATG that day too.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    So if you think this is a good idea and we should continue to restrict away fans numbers, can you now stop asking more fans to sign up to HSL as a few tenners a month are obviously not needed anymore?

Or, do we need to ask fans to stump up even more to make up for the lost revenue?!

Appears that we want more cash coming in but not from Rangers or Celtic fans? We want our own to pay more yeah?

Mental.

I think it should all depend on the sales for subsequent games against those two this season. If we could sell over a thousand ticket to Hibs Fan in the South Stand for each game, then I'd argue it would be worthwhile. If not, then maybe it's not such a great idea.

If you think there's no point donating to HSL because of it, then feel free to stop. It's your choice.

Still only bout half of section 26 in the South stand sold for this game which is disappointing, what do Hibs have to do to shift tickets...?

Impossible, the away section at St Mirren only holds 1633 and we never sold out, there was PATG that day too.

Are you sure they didn't announce a figure just under 1,800?

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Are you sure they didn't announce a figure just under 1,800?

• East Stand (Greenhill Road) - capacity 2,220. (Main Stand)
    • West Stand (Craigielea Drive) - capacity 2,516. (2 sections for Away Stand Overspill or small away support)
    • North Stand (Ferguslie Park Avenue) - capacity 1,633. (Away Stand)
    • South Stand (Drums Avenue) - capacity 1,654. (Family Stand)

• East Stand (Greenhill Road) - capacity 2,220. (Main Stand)
    • West Stand (Craigielea Drive) - capacity 2,516. (2 sections for Away Stand Overspill or small away support)
    • North Stand (Ferguslie Park Avenue) - capacity 1,633. (Away Stand)
    • South Stand (Drums Avenue) - capa
    • city 1,654. (Family Stand)

I stand corrected. I must have been thinking about another game.

However, my original point was in regards to how many we took to Hamilton being lower than other similar games, and our end at St Mirren was almost full, so it's still a big difference.

Mental.
    Isn’t that how football clubs work? Your own fans generally stump up most money. We shouldn’t be turning our own away under any circumstances, if we want to grow, we open the south to our own, we sell however many tickets we sell, we scud Celtic and entice those fans to come back and bring others with them on Wednesday, the cycle then continues.

HSL isn’t a necessity for hibs, it is a bonus. It helps buy a player we couldn’t otherwise buy. It could be a huge bonus, and if we win games, sell out, and those fans selling out also donate to HSL then it’s a huge bonus.

Grow a set and stick up for the club through these decisions rather than berate them. Presumably would be having a go at the club if we gave them the whole stand and then 1000 ended up missing out for the hibs end due to lack of tickets available.

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar

Mental.
    Few years ago building the East was a waste of money because we couldn’t fill it.

We are now at the stage that season tickets take up the vast majority of the home stands. Success on the pitch has driven this.

If we are to continue to grow our attendances we need to have attractive seats available and the only place available is the Dunbar End.

Our approach with TRIFC and CFC reflects their own approach to prioritise their own home support.

Over time it may or may not work but I think it is worth the effort .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    We could end up with more in the South for Livingston on Saturday than for Rangers in Wednesday with it being a Hibs Kids fixture. Still time to shift a few more and hopefully yesterday’s result and performance can persuade those who were maybe swithering.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Grow a set?

No idea what you’re on about.

The days of Hibs letting those two Glasgow clubs pull our pants down are long gone. Treat their fans with the same contempt they treat us with. Easter Road is our stadium. We should use it in whatever way is necessary within the rules to gain advantage and get a result on the park. Slashing their allocation helped us yesterday there's absolutely no doubt about that and it'll help us on Wednesday too. Well done Hibs. Give me that over 50k any day. We coud potentially get that money back plus more in league position from wins against them at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    We could end up with more in the South for Livingston on Saturday than for Rangers in Wednesday with it being a Hibs Kids fixture. Still time to shift a few more and hopefully yesterday’s result and performance can persuade those who were maybe swithering.

I think the game being on tv is slowing sales a tad, a great chance to do a Glasgow double at home in the space of 4 days, whens the last time we could say that? I know where I'd rather watch the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    The days of Hibs letting those two Glasgow clubs pull our pants down are long gone. Treat their fans with the same contempt they treat us with. Easter Road is our stadium. We should use it in whatever way is necessary within the rules to gain advantage and get a result on the park. Slashing their allocation helped us yesterday there's absolutely no doubt about that and it'll help us on Wednesday too. Well done Hibs. Give me that over 50k any day. We coud potentially get that money back plus more in league position from wins against them at home.

Prior to 2001 the OF and Hearts got the whole South and a quarter of the West stand, now while Hearts still quite rightly get the whole South the ugly sisters are restricted to 1800 tickets and quite right too. f*** them.