hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    I confidently predict that, if we keep playing at a reasonable level and the fans think there's even the remotest chance of winning the games....

...we'll sell our whole south stand allocation the next time we play the uglies.

Then all the bickering will be over the 400 empty seats for segregation...

....plus nae chips, cold coffee, closed gates after the game, the state of Petrie's moustache........

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Montford View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For 20 years we’ve given them the full end. For 20 years has the extra cash actually benefited us in any way??
    For 20 years their support has arrogantly expected every other team in the division to bow down to theirs green or blue pound yet have given not one extra away seat above the absolute minimum in return, ever. Hibs never progressed as a club and spent years of being a subservient entity.
    On Sunday we sold over 18000 tickets. The club would have made more than £500,000 from the game including TV fees. More (much more, £100,000’s more) money than any time we have given them the full stand..
    Hibs won at a canter
    Celtic fans are bleating, stomping they’re feet, screaming unfairness. They are now experiencing what non old firm fans felt for years.
    Yet..... and this leaves me utterly bewildered, there are fans on this board complaining we didn’t give them a full stand. To me that is a perineal loser mentality. Hibs (the club)are leaving that behind these days. This is beautiful to watch. Rangers and Celtic fans demands being ignored.
    Bravo Hibernian FC.
    Great post!

Budge at "their" AGM claimed they had made agreement before season started to give the Uglies full Roseburn Stand as if a legally binding agreement was in place.

Now the last time I heard that arguement trotted out, by a team with serious cash flow demands was when Whyte signed the deal with Ticketus.

Have the done similar because they need to fund £4m on the Gorgie Library

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    Not too bothered by the financial figures in detail, but talking in terms of the principles - this is a great post. Hope you stick around to write 27 more, on this form!
    Same as me, wasn’t bothered about the figures, more the point about what we have gained as a club selling them the full end the last 20 years. At least we’ve riled them and the media, which makes it enjoyable from my point of view.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Some are looking at this a bit too "black and white"

OK, our half of the South wasn't sold out but it DID make the uglies quieter as a result and who's to say how many extra seats were sold in the other stands because there was going to be less Celtc about? Its unquantifiable :-( .... As is the extra revenue at any extra point scraped as a result.

Anyways... Clocks ticking for tonight GGTTH!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    What’s the view after tonight? I definitely think with the momentum going their way a full stand of the mutants would have given Sevoc an added impetus in the 2nd half.

Very supportive of the club taking this approach and hope that the fans can respond by selling out south next time round.

Quote Originally Posted by ED Hibee View Post
    What’s the view after tonight? I definitely think with the momentum going their way a full stand of the mutants would have given Sevoc an added impetus in the 2nd half.

Very supportive of the club taking this approach and hope that the fans can respond by selling out south next time round.
    +1

Agreed. It makes a huge difference.

Also think it gives us a good bargaining chip in the future if we want to get a bigger allocation going through there.

Absolutely agree. They were a whimper the night. Not interested in facilitator a Bigot bash for them with a full stand.

18.5k is excellent with them only getting half the south. A full south of Huns would have helped them get the goal they deserved with the extra vocal backing. Again, well done Hibs.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875

Much better tonight, it looked terrible on Sunday but the extra numbers made the effort. That needs to be consistent now.

I was sceptical because the timing meant we weren't going to sell out, but I'm happy that it was the right decision - for nothing else other than that I could get off the bus at London Rd at 7.30 and walk down Easter Road with my son, and make the return journey to the bus stop post- match without having to be subjected to the usual bile.

Not even a debate.

Keep or even lower their allocation.

Would much rather Hibs fans in the ground and less of them.

Saying that I didn’t think Hibs atmosphere was that great tonight - mainly due to the fact we didn’t play that well.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

Agreed thought there was a good Hibs support in the South also

There were more Hibs fans in the stadium than if we'd given the Huns the whole South stand. That's all that matters.

@hibs.net private member
    A full stand of sevconians might have encouraged the ref to award a penalty. Right decision to limit them for me.

For 20 years we’ve given them the full end. For 20 years has the extra cash actually benefited us in any way??
    For 20 years their support has arrogantly expected every other team in the division to bow down to theirs green or blue pound yet have given not one extra away seat above the absolute minimum in return, ever. Hibs never progressed as a club and spent years of being a subservient entity.
    On Sunday we sold over 18000 tickets. The club would have made more than £500,000 from the game including TV fees. More (much more, £100,000’s more) money than any time we have given them the full stand..
    Hibs won at a canter
    Celtic fans are bleating, stomping they’re feet, screaming unfairness. They are now experiencing what non old firm fans felt for years.
    Yet..... and this leaves me utterly bewildered, there are fans on this board complaining we didn’t give them a full stand. To me that is a perineal loser mentality. Hibs (the club)are leaving that behind these days. This is beautiful to watch. Rangers and Celtic fans demands being ignored.
    Bravo Hibernian FC.
    This in spades.
    Also means we can get up Easter road quicker as there are less huns to move.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    I must admit I was in the camp of giving the Uglies the whole of the South and taking the much needed dough for our January war chest.

The Huns were much more vociferous than their Celtic counterparts and made a fair din and tried their best to get their team over the line to hang onto their SPFL Premiership top spot.

I have no doubt that a full South Stand would have been worth a goal of a start to them

I was amazed that they managed to sell their full allocation to their minority of bigots but have no doubt they would find more idiots where they came from to fill up their end

Full marks to our board for once they got it spot on

My son said that there were reports on social media that there were Huns in our end anyone else hear anything?

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    I must admit I was in the camp of giving the Uglies the whole of the South and taking the much needed dough for our January war chest.

The Huns were much more vociferous than their Celtic counterparts and made a fair din and tried their best to get their team over the line to hang onto their SPFL Premiership top spot.

I have no doubt that a full South Stand would have been worth a goal of a start to them

I was amazed that they managed to sell their full allocation to their minority of bigots but have no doubt they would find more idiots where they came from to fill up their end

Full marks to our board for once they got it spot on

My son said that there were reports on social media that there were Huns in our end anyone else hear anything?
    Probably a few in our end, just like loads of other games in the past. I know one of us who might be in their end again next week.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    Probably a few in our end, just like loads of other games in the past. I know one of us who might be in their end again next week.
    My dad and best mate are rangers fans, they've come with me to see plenty Hibs games before, not just ones against rangers. I've also been invited to take a ticket in the home end for Hibs vs rangers and Hibs vs Celtic (though never taken up the offer) so I don't necessarily have an issue with it. If it a group of away support who aren't with a Hibs supporting family member or friend then it's a slightly different issue. I don't think it's always a sinister as some make out, fans used to stand side by side on the terraces now we need whole sections blocked off to keep us apart.

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    Great post!
    I like it too

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    If I was making the decision at the start, I’d have given both Rangers and Celtic the full stands, but happily admit to being wrong, and luckily I’m not running the club.
    Looking back after a win and a draw, a reduced away allocation that possibly didn’t have the same influence on their team a full end might have had, it was 100% the right decision. Well done Hibs 👏

Hibs won at a canter
    Bravo Hibernian FC.
    With us not selling the South Stand out for these 4 games, it looks like our attendance will be down this season over last, but any statos out there keeping a track of Hibs supporters, and are THOSE numbers up?

Quote Originally Posted by SJNB Hibby View Post
    With us not selling the South Stand out for these 4 games, it looks like our attendance will be down this season over last, but any statos out there keeping a track of Hibs supporters, and are THOSE numbers up?
    last night we probably lost out on about £18,000 splitting the stand.

well worth the money. A few more hibbies next time and it will be even less.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    If I was making the decision at the start, I’d have given both Rangers and Celtic the full stands, but happily admit to being wrong, and luckily I’m not running the club.
    Looking back after a win and a draw, a reduced away allocation that possibly didn’t have the same influence on their team a full end might have had, it was 100% the right decision. Well done Hibs
    I feel the same. They were quiet last night even when pushing hard for the goal.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    last night we probably lost out on about £18,000 splitting the stand.

well worth the money. A few more hibbies next time and it will be even less.

Plus every Hibby in the south is a potential repeat customer whereas the Huns are just a (thankfully) temporary infestation.

There were still too many huns inside Easter Road last night for my liking.

A further reduction next time please, Hibs. Give them the same proportion of Easter Road that we get at Ibrox, i.e. 400 odd tickets.

**** them.

I take it existing ST holders could switch their seats to the South if they wanted to?

Imagine if the singing section and regulars in section 43 all did this when OF came visiting?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    I take it existing ST holders could switch their seats to the South if they wanted to?

Imagine if the singing section and regulars in section 43 all did this when OF came visiting?
    I thought of that last night, great idea

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I was of the opinion that it wasn't a good financial decision at a time where we were driving a narrative of wanting extra contributions to help fund player signings, but having half the number of OF fans there was a delight. How much that helped us secure the 4 points I'm not convinced by either way, but it was certiainly a better overall experience. Play well and fill half the south with Hibs fans to minimise the losses to a negligible amount and it's the best of both worlds.
    Mon the Hibs.