hibs.net Messageboard

Remember postponed games

I remember going to Partick in the 70’s. Went on an Eastern Scottish Bus. Along the A8 in the snow, no M8 then! Just got to Partick to hear the Games aff!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    One of my mates, a Celtic fan, drove to a midweek game at Pittodrie from Peebles in the late 80’s. Listened to Radio 1 all the way up and didn’t learn the game was off till they arrived at ground. The rest of the car wanted to go for a pint before he drove them home and they didn’t leave until 1am 😂 Served him right for getting in with the local lesser green lot.

A derby i think late 80s was postponed just before ko. Shortly after a wee skirmish with some jambos on Leith Street and two of mates nicked. Arrested on a postponed match 😄

New Year game at ER versus that lot, late 80s I think. Weather was horrendous, tipping it down and freezing, game got called close to kick off, only found out it was off while on bus on way down

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I was abandoned in the pissing rain outside Robbie's one day only for dad to emerge and tell me the game was off after the st mirren bus couldn't get through because of an accident.

It was a really wet day too if memory serves?

@hibs.net private member
    Couple of years ago had made it as far as Port Glasgow before the Morton game. Went to the pub instead.
    The re-arranged game was one of the coldest I have ever been at the football.

Was a cup tie away at St Johnstone not called off/abandoned. Late 90's early 2000's? Recal us losing the rearranged game 4/5-0. Ah the good old days lol.

Greenock a couple of years ago. Ten minutes from the stadium when it was announced that the match was postponed. Waterlogged pitch. I wasn't too disappointed as the wind speed was 50mph.

Many many years ago v Newcastle I was alread at Waverley when I heard it was postponed. Looked forwardmtae that game for donkeys.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    I got past Dundee once on the way to Aberdeen when it was cancelled. No too bad as some I suppose.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"