hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Game in doubt?

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And there's every chance you might have seen a 15 year old boy with his dad staring right back at you from the old wooden stand.

The atmosphere under the flood lights was electric and the admiration for that leeds United side, containing so many greats like Bremner, was fierce - even though I was a staunch Hibby.

It was a night of high drama, with every conceivable emotion running through not just me but every Hibby. The Tornadoes stormed and peppered the Leeds goalmouth for what seemed like the bulk of the game and it seemed only a matter of time before we would hit the back of the net...but wee Billy Bremner orchestrated his side like the maestro he was and somehow, somehow, Leeds survived and took us to those dreaded penalties...The rest is history....
    The sheer draining emotional roller coaster left me feeling bewildered, exasperated, tearful and proud of our boys for what they showed a watching football world over 2 legs - That this Hibs side could hold its own against a world class Leeds United.
    The Tornadoes just happened to have ran parralel with the greatest Scottish team in history - Jock Stein's Celtic...and but for the Parkhead club, I'm absolutely convinced that Hibs would have been League champions and Scottish Cup winners..

my exact thoughts over that period and that team, that sadly only received the League cup. we skelped Leeds nil nil before it too.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    my exact thoughts over that period and that team, that sadly only received the League cup. we skelped Leeds nil nil before it too.
    It was Sloop himself that said the Tornadoes "underachieved" in terms of trophies.

Mind you, I got every bit as much satisfaction from those 2 Dryborough Cup wins as I did The League Cup.

Aways good to converse with a fellow Hibby who also witnessed that 70s team.

Trip to and from work on Lang Wang was scary tonight. See how things are in morning before I travel

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Stay on Easter road. It’s as cold as you’d expect for a December morning at 7am but roads are fine. Roadworks on London road close to the top of Easter road and roadworks Montrose terrace. Apart from that an easy 3 points the day but it’ll be a cold yin

Snow gone, Ice gone,it's not slippy, forecast for showers.

Tumbleweed in Gorgie, take care.

Approximately 4 degrees just now on my thermometer I have outside my house. It will be baltic but no way will the game be off.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    A fine day down Easter Road this morning when i went for rolls and papers. Winter Sun is shining and fresh.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    It was Sloop himself that said the Tornadoes "underachieved" in terms of trophies.

Mind you, I got every bit as much satisfaction from those 2 Dryborough Cup wins as I did The League Cup.

Aways good to converse with a fellow Hibby who also witnessed that 70s team.
    Yes. Looking back it is a bit disappointing that the Tornadoes did not gather up trophies similar in number to the Aberdeen side in the 80’s but Hibs in the early to mid 70’s were a great side.

Isn’t nostalgia great!

Ffs drama over nothing.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    Ffs drama over nothing.
    Tbf there wasn’t really much of a drama.

There were weather reports suggesting it could be bad weather today so I can see why the op started the thread. The game was never going to be in any danger though.