hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

ANOTHER ex player thread.....cummings

Being sent back to forest in January....will defo be available on a loan perhaps even permanent. We know he can score goals in Scottish football and given our issues upfront as of late could he be a solution?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Yes, yes, yes. Get him over here.

Coaching Staff
    If he comes back to Scotland on loan, I think it will be with our friends at Tynecastle.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he comes back to Scotland on loan, I think it will be with our friends at Tynecastle.
    Fortunately he is everything Levein doesn't like in a player, and I'd be surprised to see them shell out a significant sum for a Hibs hero 5th choice striker who their manager probably doesn't rate.

He can score goals in the lower levels of Scottish football.

For the huns a hatrick against a pish Falkirk rooted to the foot of the championship and a goal against County away who were rooted to the bottom of the SPL plus maybe one or two others.

His scoring record, video of him smashing up his own house plus the fact the next team he goes to will be his fourth club in just over 1 year means i'll pass.

No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Fortunately he is everything Levein doesn't like in a player, and I'd be surprised to see them shell out a significant sum for a Hibs hero 5th choice striker who their manager probably doesn't rate.
    You can guarantee that view will change in an instant if he thinks we’re interested and he can somehow get one over on us.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    You can guarantee that view will change in an instant if he thinks we’re interested and he can somehow get one over on us.
    Nail on head.

If we're in for him Hearts will go all out to get him.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    I’d have him back faster than you can say “hash broon”.

The laddie is a talent and a character and most importantly he knows where the goals are (especially the ones occupied by Hearts goalkeepers).

Granted hes not quite Leigh Griffiths or Derek Riordan but he’s a Hibernian legend who just loves scoring goals. He’s been a bit wayward since leaving but I’d love to see him back here doing what he does best.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    He can score goals, but the problem Cummings had at Hibs, and subsequent other clubs for me is that nobody has been able to pair him successfully alongside any other strikers. Would that be any different with our current strikers at the club?

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Nail on head.

If we're in for him Hearts will go all out to get him.
    Whilst wecompete in the same market as Hearts, I very much doubt that Levein will be able to sanction the signing of any player just to get one over on Hibs.

Maybe we should just pretend we are keen and watch them fritter away their budget on players we were never interested in to begin with, cunning plan.

Cummings has done ok at Paterborough, albeit he’s lost his regular starting place. I would have him back, but I very much doubt it will happen. I also seem to remember Lennon wasn’t that keen on him. Someone in the SPL will take him on loan though, a St Mirren or Motherwell who need goals.

Left by mutual consent!
    Make it happen. Not on loan for 6 months tho to have a great loan period and **** off somewhere else. I don’t think his ego would allow him to return permanently though. He will end up at Hearts.

If we can get Scott Allan back, JC would score a ton of goals.

Probably best not, but you never know

Cummings link up play is good plus goals would be good if we could get him

No brainer, if he's available and we aren't interested I'll be seriously annoyed to say the least.

Rose tinted specs springs to mind. It took a bollocking from Lennon to wake him up when he wasn't scoring against joiners and posties in the Championship. No better than what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    Rose tinted specs springs to mind. It took a bollocking from Lennon to wake him up when he wasn't scoring against joiners and posties in the Championship. No better than what we have.
    He’s different to what we have. Scores all different types of goal.

We could do worse. Good record against all the better sides we faced.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    The Cummings who left us for Forest would get into our current team. OK we were in the second tier when he was here but he still scored against Hearts, Rangers & Aberdeen.

Part of our recent slump is due in part, I think, to a lack of gallousness and I reckon the loss of guys like SJM, Cummings, Fontain, Bartley (who hardly got a game before his injury) and even Holt has changed the mentality of the "group". Regardless of their level of skill (although there's obviously a lower limit) different players are good to have around for different reasons.

Part of me would like to see him back for this alone although, like others, I don't know if he's the same player/character now compared to when he left.

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    He can score goals in the lower levels of Scottish football.
    These too.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    He’s different to what we have. Scores all different types of goal.

We could do worse. Good record against all the better sides we faced.
    Agree. He’s dangerous from anywhere within 25 yards. We don’t really have a striker like that right now.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    My first instinct is no, i dont think he's good enough. He did score a lot of goals for us, and did score against a few Premiership teams, but i'm of the opinion he's just not good enough for the top league in Scotland.

Playing for Forrest then sevco and now Peterbourgh, he's not been good enough to force his way into any of those sides, and while he's scored a few for each club, his weaknesses which were there for all to see even at Hibs, have not been improved on.

If he came back, i'm sure he'd score the odd goal, but i'm not convinced he'd get in the side every week, but maybe he'd fill the job as our 3rd striker.

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Is there any club that has the kind of relationship with its former players as Hibs does? The number who have come back after leaving over the years (often leaving in acrimonious circumstances) or the clamour amongst the support when an ex-player becomes available seems different than it does elsewhere. Maybe I'm wrong and its the same everywhere else. But the "once a Hibbie" thing really does seem to matter to both fans and players.

For the topic, we really do lack a goalscorer eh?

Quote Originally Posted by G15 Hibs View Post
    Is there any club that has the kind of relationship with its former players as Hibs does? The number who have come back after leaving over the years (often leaving in acrimonious circumstances) or the clamour amongst the support when an ex-player becomes available seems different than it does elsewhere. Maybe I'm wrong and its the same everywhere else. But the "once a Hibbie" thing really does seem to matter to both fans and players.

For the topic, we really do lack a goalscorer eh?
    Yep, and he does have that "can get a goal out of nothing" thing that might be very handy in the run of difficult games we have coming up.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I'll give him a piggyback all the way from Nottingham to Leith if that's what it takes. The lad scores goals.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I'll give him a piggyback all the way from Nottingham to Leith if that's what it takes. The lad scores goals.
    100% mate, but he's still not good enough for us according to many on here.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    100% take him back, purely for the goals he scored v hearts

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    No thanks
    Agree

@hibs.net private member
    Yes we have been burnt with past player returning (Stokes....) but Cummings would be a real asset, and his time down south will have added to his game and maturity (ewven just a little).

He and Kamberi would be an unstoppable force.

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    I really am not sure.

He seems to have lost his way at Peterborough of late. I think most of his goals there came early on then dried up a little before he lost his place. There is nothing at Forest for him I don't believe and Rangers don't appear to consider him good enough. I think the future for him is quite unpredictable.