hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How many tickets do we get at Tynecastle, and how many at Ibrox and Celtc Park.

Not the same thing at all.

EDIT: I realise you changed your mind later, but I still think it's worth pointing this out.
    The difference is Celtic and Rangers manage to sell the other seats to their own fans. We are very unlikely to do so therefore there will be a financial hit.

Some people think that’s ok and that is fair enough. Others like me would like the additional revenue to help get better players in

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    How many tickets do we get at Tynecastle, and how many at Ibrox and Celtc Park.

Not the same thing at all.
    Not really keen on debating this subject much further but out of courtesy I will reply since asked directly.

It matters not one jot financially how many tickets we get for the three grounds you mention, we get money from home ticket sales only.

If we can sell out the whole south stand it is good income for the club, against Hearts we will and maximise income, against Rangers and Celtic we wont therefore losing out on income we could do with.

That is the financial argument and to be honest there is no real comeback to that.

However, forgetting finances and reacting purely as a fan who goes to home and away matches.

1. I love the idea of reduced Old Firm supports in our ground, I don't like them.

2. The size of the away allocation is important as I stand a better chance of a ticket at Tynecastle compared to the Glasgow grounds.

For me it is a head v heart argument, the head says take the money from them rather than have seats lie empty but the heart says f*** them.

I would also point you to #46 where you will see that after a period of thought my ideas moved a bit.

The less Celtic fans there on Sunday the better. They already have a massive advantage on the park without giving them the whole south stand. We should be making it as difficult for them as possible and i applaud the club for reducing their allocation whether we fill half the south stand or half of it is empty. We should really be giving them around 400 tickets if we compare it to what we get at their place and i'd be all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Not really keen on debating this subject much further but out of courtesy I will reply since asked directly.

It matters not one jot financially how many tickets we get for the three grounds you mention, we get money from home ticket sales only.

If we can sell out the whole south stand it is good income for the club, against Hearts we will and maximise income, against Rangers and Celtic we wont therefore losing out on income we could do with.

That is the financial argument and to be honest there is no real comeback to that.

However, forgetting finances and reacting purely as a fan who goes to home and away matches.

1. I love the idea of reduced Old Firm supports in our ground, I don't like them.

2. The size of the away allocation is important as I stand a better chance of a ticket at Tynecastle compared to the Glasgow grounds.

For me it is a head v heart argument, the head says take the money from them rather than have seats lie empty but the heart says f*** them.

I would also point you to #46 where you will see that after a period of thought my ideas moved a bit.

Hi SB, I honestly wasn't making a dig at you, but trying to have a reasonable discussion. That doesn't always come over well on social media, though.

Oh and I saw your later post.

FWIW, I'm actually in favour of selling half the south to home fans but have also mentioned that I felt maybe this wsn't the best time to do it, so we are actually 'on the same page', so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    The less Celtic fans there on Sunday the better. They already have a massive advantage on the park without giving them the whole south stand. We should be making it as difficult for them as possible and i applaud the club for reducing their allocation whether we fill half the south stand or half of it is empty. We should really be giving them around 400 tickets if we compare it to what we get at their place and i'd be all for it.
    Totally agree with this, sometimes it’s not all down to money, even if we only sell 7 or 800, it’s still more Hibbies that’ll see the game.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Hi SB, I honestly wasn't making a dig at you, but trying to have a reasonable discussion. That doesn't always come over well on social media, though.

Oh and I saw your later post.

FWIW, I'm actually in favour of selling half the south to home fans but have also mentioned that I felt maybe this wsn't the best time to do it, so we are actually 'on the same page', so to speak.
    Fine response,K. Not really looking for arguments but some people seem hell bent on it and can't see the other persons viewpoint and aren't even prepared to consider it.

It's a difficult one for Hibs and I'm now in no mans land with regards to the answer.

I'm the same with helping to run the East Lothian Hibs bus, I don't like the idea of missing out on the chance to make money but sometimes we run buses to away games knowing there is going to be a hit. You have to try and strike a balance and it's not possible to please everybody.

Enjoyed our exchanges.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Whats the script with releasing my ST for this match?
    You can but because the south hasn't sold out yet not much point

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Understand Celtic got 2400 and taking account of segregation then we have about 1200 to sell. I would expect us to sell another 3-400 so we will probably lose about £30k. Hibs are damned if they do and damned if they don’t. I would rather have faith in our supporters given the small margins.
    No they didn't. c1900 only due to segregation.

From next season we should just sell half the South Stand, with exception of derby, to season ticket holders and allow those who buy them first dibs on unsold tickets in the home end for a week before they go on genetal sale.

Left by mutual consent!
    Not sold out according to facepoke....

https://www.facebook.com/549820158450383/posts/1920540584711660/

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    So 4 days of ticket sales at 400 a day will be required to fill our half of the south up.
    Tough ask.

Its great news all round but problem will be the ST no show's and the South which I can't see it selling out.
    If we do considering our recent form and being on Sky shows a great statement and backing from the fans. GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Sold out my erse, theres seats available in the FF and West.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Sold out my erse, theres seats available in the FF and West.

Apart form the executive seats, how many are still available for sale?

There were 7 yesterday, and there's 14 now. That kind of backs up people's statements that it's not unsold seats, but seats that have been re-released by Season Ticket holders.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 13-12-2018 at 06:00 PM.

There were 7 yesterday, and there's 14 now. That kind of backs up people's statements that it's not unsold seats, but seats that have been re-released by Season Ticket holders.
    And it doesn't tell us how many have actually been sold in the South Presumably the Club can look at sales and know how many are Season Ticket Holders moving Seats and if thier Season Ticket Seat is resold

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar

70 according to Hibs twitter as of an hour ago. With only a couple of days sales left I fear we might be left with egg on our faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    70 according to Hibs twitter as of an hour ago. With only a couple of days sales left I fear we might be left with egg on our faces.

Yep, we’ll be lucky to have a couple of hundred in the south I think.

First Team Breakthrough
    To be absolutely honest I think it’s fantastic the board have only given them half the stand. For far too long Scottish football has kowtowed to the weege teams. In my opinion they are both as bad as each other . We don’t need their money. I would rather see some empty seats than them filled with that manky mob. I am astonished some on here want their money but hey ho everyone is entitled to an opinion.

The 70 includes the higher priced Executive Seats. As I said, there were only 14 standard seats available last time I looked, which was actually an increase on yesterday.

My previous post was a response to someone that said we actually hadn't sold out the three home stands after all... which was quite clearly just negativity of a standard I've come to expect.

First Team Breakthrough
    To be absolutely honest I think it’s fantastic the board have only given them half the stand. For far too long Scottish football has kowtowed to the weege teams. In my opinion they are both as bad as each other . We don’t need their money. I would rather see some empty seats than them filled with that manky mob. I am astonished some on here want their money but hey ho everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Does no pods mean no walk ups on the day or can you still buy them from the ticket office? If not then presumably you can still buy them online on the day and print at home?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesconnolly View Post
    Some are even entitled to their opinion twice.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Does no pods mean no walk ups on the day or can you still buy them from the ticket office? If not then presumably you can still buy them online on the day and print at home?
    I would expect both options to be available on Sunday.

The 70 includes the higher priced Executive Seats. As I said, there were only 14 standard seats available last time I looked, which was actually an increase on yesterday.

My previous post was a response to someone that said we actually hadn't sold out the three home stands after all... which was quite clearly just negativity of a standard I've come to expect.
    If it was my comment, not negativity just honesty - its close to sell out, but obviously NOT a sell out.
    I admire the ambition the club have shown here, but it does appear to have backfired on this occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    If it was my comment, not negativity just honesty - its close to sell out, but obviously NOT a sell out.
    I admire the ambition the club have shown here, but it does appear to have backfired on this occasion.

No, it wasn't you.

I think being down to 7 tickets in the home end is practically a sell out, though.

No, it wasn't you.

I think being down to 7 tickets in the home end is practically a sell out, though.
    It's the Sales in the South that count ,as we know there will be the usual 10 or 15 % empty Season Ticket Holder Seats in the other Three Stands
    i will be in my Usual Seat in the East
    It's not clear if the Club are doing this as a tester to see how it works, If so the Timing is wrong for reasons already quoted in this thread .
    However I wouldn't want them to say we have tried it and we lost money so we won't do it again .
    If we were still in top four, there would have been a far better response But hopefully pay day tomorrow for some sees a spike in Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    It's the Sales in the South that count ,as we know there will be the usual 10 or 15 % empty Season Ticket Holder Seats in the other Three Stands
    i will be in my Usual Seat in the East
    It's not clear if the Club are doing this as a tester to see how it works, If so the Timing is wrong for reasons already quoted in this thread .
    However I wouldn't want them to say we have tried it and we lost money so we won't do it again .
    If we were still in top four, there would have been a far better response But hopefully pay day tomorrow for some sees a spike in Sales
    Ronnie, I am a cynic and there is a part of me that thinks the board have teed up a perfect storm for this initiative to fail so they can say we tried it and it failed.
    This way they only lose money for the 2 upcoming games before normal service is resumed with sell outs to the cheeks for the foreseeable future.

The perfect storm is cold weather a week before Christmas, Hibs poor form and a live televised match taking place on a Sunday at 12:30 hours. That's 6 reasons which is 3 too many to have tried it.
    Alternatively they could have waited until say September next season when at worst we would have 3 detrimental factors: a poor kickoff time and day for a live televised match.

As ever, time will tell.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    OK, I've just done my bit as regards filling the South.

Two Season Ticket holders moving there for one game only as we're taking two kids to this game and got their seats beside us.

Row Q, so should be a good view of the pitch
    Remember to release your seats!!

Why would people be ‘embarrassed’ if we don’t sell the south out? I see the argument about list revenue and that’s fine, a good debate to be had, but embarrassed? If it makes Celtic fans angry that we cut their allocation and didn’t sell it all then even more reason to do so again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Why would people be ‘embarrassed’ if we don’t sell the south out? I see the argument about list revenue and that’s fine, a good debate to be had, but embarrassed? If it makes Celtic fans angry that we cut their allocation and didn’t sell it all then even more reason to do so again and again.
    Exactly. Celtic regularly have loads of empty seats but continue to give us a tiny allocation

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    I'd be behind the couch for days

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk