hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Why is the thread labelled NHC, it's Leigh and he's one of our own.
    Guardian quoting it as a gambling problem. Hope he gets the help he needs to beat this.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by heid the baw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why is the thread labelled NHC, it's Leigh and he's one of our own.
    Guardian quoting it as a gambling problem. Hope he gets the help he needs to beat this.
    Ewan Murray quoting it as a gambling problem* his source presumably being The Daily Record. He has a face you would never tire of skelping and a personality to match.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Yes, it seems it's a gambling issue, which has become a big problem in the game. Young men with lots of money and lots of time on their hands can be a dangerous recipe. There have been stories down south of players losing tens of thousands in a single day. Some won't have sympathy for millionaires throwing their money away, but, like any addiction, when it becomes all-consuming, it ruins lives. I hope he manages to get control of his problem.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    Ewan Murray quoting it as a gambling problem* his source presumably being The Daily Record. He has a face you would never tire of skelping and a personality to match.
    He is indeed a prize prick. Revels in telling the guardian readership down south that there is no life as we know it beyond the old firm, at every possible opportunity. He has no business talking about the alleged cause of an Ill person's illness.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    There’s more to it than just gambling problems though. It’s not as clear cut as the media is making it out to be

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    There’s more to it than just gambling problems though. It’s not as clear cut as the media is making it out to be
    Gies a clue, Lionel Blair
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    An opinion ? Ok if you say so. My comment was more than an opinion I can assure you.
    In your opinion, I can assure you the same. 👍

Left by mutual consent!
    No need.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    Ewan Murray is the ****iest jambo tosspot known to man.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    No need.
    No need? For what? For letting people know there’s more to it than just gambling alone so that conclusions aren’t drawn from stories being ran by the media?

Mental health is ignorantly overlooked.
    Hope Leigh gets the help he needs and is able to fight through this.

Leigh Leigh super Leigh

Left by mutual consent!
    No need? For what? For letting people know there’s more to it than just gambling alone so that conclusions aren’t drawn from stories being ran by the media?
    For a start it wouldn’t be your place to “let people know” yes, there’s problems and yes there could be more but considering it’s only been the last couple of days it’s come to a conclusion that this is the way forward perhaps stfu? If you like Leigh as a hibby a footballer or even just the guy that scored two amazing goals against England then why say there’s more? If there is PM me and I’ll confirm if they are fairy stories or not.
    Last edited by The 90+2; 12-12-2018 at 10:48 PM.

For a start it wouldn’t be your place to “let people know” yes, there’s problems and yes there could be more but considering it’s only been the last couple of days it’s come to a conclusion that this is the way forward perhaps stfu? If you like Leigh as a hibby a footballer or even just the guy that scored two amazing goals against England then why say there’s more? If there is PM me and I’ll confirm if they are fairy stories or not.
    Na you’re alright

Left by mutual consent!
    Na you’re alright
    Sound 👍

Left by mutual consent!
    Oh aye sorry but one last thought:

Who has had children with partners who then split? Who then gets kids used against you when the love of your child means more than anything? Just because LG is a footballer with a good fortune behind him doesn’t mean he wouldn’t like any other parent give it up as a human for his children. The amount of **** that can mess with your mind trying to keep one person or the next happy also. Gambling, it’s known as a release at times and he’s had the balls to admit that also (as now in press ****my by the record) he’s taken massive massive guts in the public eye to take a step back knowing there will be ********s slagging him, making up other stuff (even in our own support unbelievably) and that takes massive massive guts.

Good Luck Sparky. Every single Hibee is behind you.

Oh aye sorry but one last thought:

Who has had children with partners who then split? Who then gets kids used against you when the love of your child means more than anything? Just because LG is a footballer with a good fortune behind him doesn’t mean he wouldn’t like any other parent give it up as a human for his children. The amount of **** that can mess with your mind trying to keep one person or the next happy also. Gambling, it’s known as a release at times and he’s had the balls to admit that also (as now in press ****my by the record) he’s taken massive massive guts in the public eye to take a step back knowing there will be ********s slagging him, making up other stuff (even in our own support unbelievably) and that takes massive massive guts.

Good Luck Sparky. Every single Hibee is behind you.
    No need.

Left by mutual consent!
    No need.
    👍

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMackenzie View Post
    Mental health is ignorantly overlooked.
    Hope Leigh gets the help he needs and is able to fight through this.

Leigh Leigh super Leigh
    I don’t think it is in Scottish football. I think thanks to the likes of Neil Lennon amongst others it’s become ok for for players to talk about how they’re feeling. As someone who has never suffered from mental health issues, from the outside in my perspective is that great strides have been made in recent years to educate the likes of myself about it. The level of support Griffiths has had since yesterday would back that up as well I think.

If gambling is his issue, is there a sense of irony that Celtic appear to be dealing with this very well but then taking money from a gambling company to sponsor them?

Griffiths is going to have a really tough time facing his demons here yet when he gets back to work everywhere he looks he’ll see a gambling company on the front of his and his team mates strip encouraging him to bet (to me that’s the only point of a sponsorship, raising awareness of the company is encouraging people to bet)

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Good luck and best wishes super Leigh.

Wish you all the best Sparky.💚

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    👍
    You're making yourself look like a bit of a **** by having a go at a poster for something completely innocent and then seeking to build your own elaboration.

Not once did Stuart suggest he was going to divulge anything, merely pointing out (rightly) that the media are having to rely on gross simplifications because they don't have a clue on the full story.

It IS more complex than simply the speculations of gambling, and you go on to highlight some of the complexity in your own extrapolation?

Either take your own advice and shut up entirely, wish Leigh well and move on, or be man enough to apologise to Stuart for simply pointing out the complexity in Leigh's situation.

It's a needless argument between 2 Hibby's, about a situation where we probably all agree that we wish to see Leigh get the help he needs. I don't understand the need for the back and forth.

Good Luck Leigh

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    You're making yourself look like a bit of a **** by having a go at a poster for something completely innocent and then seeking to build your own elaboration.

Not once did Stuart suggest he was going to divulge anything, merely pointing out (rightly) that the media are having to rely on gross simplifications because they don't have a clue on the full story.

It IS more complex than simply the speculations of gambling, and you go on to highlight some of the complexity in your own extrapolation?

Either take your own advice and shut up entirely, wish Leigh well and move on, or be man enough to apologise to Stuart for simply pointing out the complexity in Leigh's situation.

It's a needless argument between 2 Hibby's, about a situation where we probably all agree that we wish to see Leigh get the help he needs. I don't understand the need for the back and forth.

Sssssshhhhhh!! We can't have common sense on this board.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, the Lennon/mental health thread ended up provoking some good discussion and there were concerns raised about the speculation, which I think were acknowledged and then the thread moved on.

Bear in mind that moderating the forums isn't an exact science, we make the calls as we see them.
    You guys do a sterling job and it’s no doubt a challenge to ensure that the board is as well moderated as it is. That said the Lennon threads, including the one I refer to, have been into some very messy territory and I still maintain that the title of the one ( irony aside) on the PM board is in piss poor taste.

Promising Youngster

Whatever

Sparky hope you get things sorted out pal,you’ve done yourself proud since your days at Leith Athletic & Hibs wishing you all the best for 2019 !!!!! Gibby

Testimonial Due
    All the best Leigh.

Very very best of luck Leigh, what a mess it seems to all be and I hope he can come out the other end clean of all his troubles. The full story is absolutely tragic and the mods are doing a great job to stop the speculation.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Sending my best and wishing you a full & speedy recovery Leigh.

All the best Leigh.

See marathon bet approached since 1875 for a corporate display at Sunday’s game including marathon bet logos. Beggars belief