hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve been to Ibrox supporting Hibs but it must over 50 times since my first visit in 1985. I’ve been at either side of the Broomloan, the wee corner we currently get and even up in the main stand for the 1-1 draw when the firework was set off. Whilst I’ve been subjected to some outrageous abuse, had various objects chucked at me, I have never seen cups of pish thrown at us. Urban myth.
    Probably right, been plenty times in the 80's and early 90's in particular. My wife got spat on, we've had a battery, a coach bolt,money, a key and a comb thrown at us from above at the now defunct Glasgow rangers ground.

I'm guessing they probably piss on each other to mark out territories and as part of their mating rituals.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve been to Ibrox supporting Hibs but it must over 50 times since my first visit in 1985. I’ve been at either side of the Broomloan, the wee corner we currently get and even up in the main stand for the 1-1 draw when the firework was set off. Whilst I’ve been subjected to some outrageous abuse, had various objects chucked at me, I have never seen cups of pish thrown at us. Urban myth.
    not saying it’s never happened but my experiences are exactly like yours. Latest reports suggest Celtic have taken 750 tickets for the fixture - a bit less than we take, but this might be to facilitate their fans with no Rangers fans directly above, which our allocation does with either side of the allocation eating into the Broomloan and Govan stands slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    I remember as a 10 year old boy before the days of segregation when leaving Easter Road being spat on, punched and verbally abused by adult Rangers supporters. Yet here we are 47 years later still encountering the same moronic behaviour from them. Don’t hold your breath waiting for something to be done about it.
    Around that time I witnessed a father with a small boy spat on by a Rangers fans he laid two of them out with sweet punches the Police arrived and every Hibby claimed there was nothing to see and nothing had happened as two bams left with their tails between their legs, one with a cut lip.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Around that time I witnessed a father with a small boy spat on by a Rangers fans he laid two of them out with sweet punches the Police arrived and every Hibby claimed there was nothing to see and nothing had happened as two bams left with their tails between their legs, one with a cut lip.
    Scarily, I suspect that a few of them do have tails.

Or perhaps I’ve been reading too much M.R. James 😄

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I see they have accepted 750 tickets at £49 a pop
    Means there will be a larger segregation area between the fans

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    £49!!!! That's a disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    Apparently tickets only issued on matchday on official coaches that will take fans to and from the game.

Believe it's the first time it's happened in Scotland although it's fairly common in England.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post

HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Rather than Celtic fans, or fans of any other club who occupy that corner, 'growing a set' maybe we should focus on Rangers fans learning to progress to the next stage on the evolutionary ladder and refrain from throwing their own bodily fluids at people.
    My thoughts too. Surely if anyone needs to “grow a set” it’s the football authorities in Scotland who seem afraid to tackle the huns and their neanderthal fans time and time again.

It’s always been a vile place to visit but for anyone wearing green it always goes up a notch. I used to go when young and didn’t care but there became a point that going there wasn’t fun anymore so I stopped going. This was before the corner seating. It rained coins,pies, ‘bovril’ etc. The last time I was there one guy was spitting over the side, the Steward had a word which made zero difference and a bunch of them continued hurling whatever was in their hands. There is no reason to think that 900 Celtic supporters are in any more danger than 900 Hibs supporters. They do need to grow a pair. However, maybe this event will be highlighted properly in the press and Scotland’s shame might get shown for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by SingaporeHibs View Post
    It’s always been a vile place to visit but for anyone wearing green it always goes up a notch. I used to go when young and didn’t care but there became a point that going there wasn’t fun anymore so I stopped going. This was before the corner seating. It rained coins,pies, ‘bovril’ etc. The last time I was there one guy was spitting over the side, the Steward had a word which made zero difference and a bunch of them continued hurling whatever was in their hands. There is no reason to think that 900 Celtic supporters are in any more danger than 900 Hibs supporters. They do need to grow a pair. However, maybe this event will be highlighted properly in the press and Scotland’s shame might get shown for what it is.
    Don't agree with you there, mate. The Old Firm is of a different order of hatred from anything else. Both sides become completely unhinged.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Don't agree with you there, mate. The Old Firm is of a different order of hatred from anything else. Both sides become completely unhinged.
    Maybe that’s true but 900 Celtic supporters now don’t have people directly above them as was the case when I was going there as a Hibs fan. Police only have to guard right and left and the upper corners. It’s a numbers game for Celtic. 900 v 7k. Sounds less safe but is it? Not really.

Maybe that’s true but 900 Celtic supporters now don’t have people directly above them as was the case when I was going there as a Hibs fan. Police only have to guard right and left and the upper corners. It’s a numbers game for Celtic. 900 v 7k. Sounds less safe but is it? Not really.
    Well they used to get the entire Broomloan Stand, so they were separate. Now they will have Rangers fans to each side of them. I really wouldn't want to be in that wee section as a Celtic fan; like you say, it's bad enough for Hibs fans.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Rather than Celtic fans, or fans of any other club who occupy that corner, 'growing a set' maybe we should focus on Rangers fans learning to progress to the next stage on the evolutionary ladder and refrain from throwing their own bodily fluids at people.
    Every visiting fan should be given a free DNA swab kit and any of the pissers and the gobbers that are identified could be added to the national genetic fingerprint database. Their actions demonstrate that they are willing to give out samples.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Read a blog from some Celtic fan claiming that there are rumours of Celtic fans being “protected” from missiles etc at the Ibrox derby with netting. Supposedly Celtic still to announce ticketing details and that they might not take their allocation due to fears for their fans safety.
    Not sure how much truth is in this, but there doesn’t seem too much concern for other clubs fans safety from Rangers in the corner that we have populated with the same allocation that they are going to get. All a bit OTT and Celtic fans appear to be ****ting themselves at the prospect of going to Ibrox with 900 fans. Time they grew a set

750 I believe

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    Every visiting fan should be given a free DNA swab kit and any of the pissers and the gobbers that are identified could be added to the national genetic fingerprint database. Their actions demonstrate that they are willing to give out samples.
    How would that work? They are a different species.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Can we not cage the Celtic fans in at Ibrox and just leave them there, feeding them fish and occasionally poking them with sticks?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post

Thats nothing new, been that price for a while.

Well I have!

We were in the lower tier and all sorts of crap was thrown from the upper tier while the police and stewards 'looked the other way'. I saw a Hibs fan with saliva all down his back. I saw the spray as the cups were thrown. It wasn't random either it was concentrated immediately after Rangers scored a goal or had an attack.

That is why I have not been back to Ibrox for a League match and never will again.

So is that an urban myth?

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Can we not cage the Celtic fans in at Ibrox and just leave them there, feeding them fish and occasionally poking them with sticks?
    ...rattling beads and holding up unbroken stained glass windows.

Celtc have made a statement saying they will be taking their ticket allocation for Ibrox.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Celtic fans will be safer within Ibrox than any other clubs support for this game Pity there doesn’t appear to be as much enthusiasm to act on our repeated concerns about our fans welfare there.